Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Modern PWs, I need you!

I need a modern server who has been accused of looking like Era to help me out. I'm in the works of something and I need a server willing to supply me with screenshots of their server that people have complained look like Era. The payout will be beneficial in yours, and hopefully many other PW's, interest.

I'm looking for screenshots of interiors and exteriors. You can post them here, or in PMs.

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
I hope to get a fast response, because I really can't finish what I'm doing without these screenshots, and I don't want to just use them without the owners permission.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I'd suggest Graal Ghetto, but Shadow would ban you if you said anything that he deems "negative" about his server (e.g. suggestions).
Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Interitus was kind of accused of looking like era. But definitely not a full blown era mimic in most peoples eyes. But the style of the tiles, such as roof tiles, flooring wood tiles, carpets, some bricks etc . . .
So if you think you would want to test thi with Interitus looking tiles, I'll post a screenie for you. Let me know
Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 AM
I'll hop on. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:03 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I'm about to go to bed but I'll try to get some screen shots of some stuff that I think is a copy of Era. I'll also supply an example from Era to show you tomorrow :P

One thing I'd like to point out is that it's not just graphics that make servers look like Era. Leveling style has a huge impact.

I saw a huge similarity in the way the floors are done with these 2 screen shots. The one from Era is not the best example but I think it shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	era1.PNG
Views:	125
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	45518   Click image for larger version

Name:	copy1.PNG
Views:	124
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	45519  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I'd suggest Graal Ghetto, but Shadow would ban you if you said anything that he deems "negative" about his server (e.g. suggestions).
Lol he banned twinny for logging on and saying something like that, then banned me for not giveing him my Sten on era, and for uploading a video on youtube of him spawning items then selling for Era things.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I saw a huge similarity in the way the floors are done with these 2 screen shots.
Seriously people, nobody in real life makes floors like that, so you really shouldn't if you're trying to make an actual modern playerworld. You also don't find such large amounts of unused free space.

And if you have lots of free space you should have support pillars that are semitransparent and only the base is blocking while you can walk under the upper part of the image.

Large buildings have steel frames, do any modern level designers consider this and build around the steel frame?

People do not build rooms with that many corners in them, seriously. When you're making a modern place the room shape doesn't need to be something spectacular, its the content that should be eye-catching.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:29 AM
The Desert Rose
BurningStarlight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BurningStarlight Send a message via MSN to BurningStarlight Send a message via Yahoo to BurningStarlight
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Seriously people, nobody in real life makes floors like that, so you really shouldn't if you're trying to make an actual modern playerworld. You also don't find such large amounts of unused free space.

And if you have lots of free space you should have support pillars that are semitransparent and only the base is blocking while you can walk under the upper part of the image.

Large buildings have steel frames, do any modern level designers consider this and build around the steel frame?

People do not build rooms with that many corners in them, seriously. When you're making a modern place the room shape doesn't need to be something spectacular, its the content that should be eye-catching.
This.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post

Sadly, when I made my tutorial I completely forgot levelling tips which included these very things.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:52 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I never got that either. I always used to make levels with crazy carpets and random corners in levels, but I stopped. It doesn't make sense. Most buildings on Era are rectangular but then inside you have this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.PNG
Views:	131
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	45557  
Old 08-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Exactly, nobody makes rooms like that in real life, it wastes quite a bit of space.

Its possible for interiors in modern Playerworlds to have destructible walls if you do it right. Like how many buildings have your solid outer walls and weaker inner walls that you can bang on it and the whole thing makes noise.