Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2008, 05:34 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Appending to a clientr. array

So I'm setting an array on the serverside, it works fine. BUT it won't let me append to it... I mean, it will, but it's acting really strange.
First off, if I append to it(add(), or manually changing the arrays) it will show fine on the serverside. BUT, those same changes won't show on the clientside.

This is my echo of the array on the serverside:
"124,woodensword,""Wooden Sword""","arca_sword_wooden,door.png","weapon,swor d,balanced","1,1,2,0,2","0,0,0,0,0","""shortsword, """"2,2,2,0,2"""""",""longsword,""""2,2,2,0,2""""" ",""dagger,""""2,2,2,0,2"""""""

This is the echo clientside:
"124,woodensword,""Wooden Sword""","arca_sword_wooden,door.png","weapon,swor d,balanced","1,1,2,0,2","0,0,0,0,0","0,0,0"

What's with that? Oh, and here's the script(partial/edited out):
PHP Code:
      clientr.("wpn_" @ (@itemname) @ "-" @ (@itemid))={
        {
itemid,item.(@itemname).arcname,item.(@itemname).itemname},
        {
item.(@itemname).iconimage,item.(@itemname).weaponimage},
        {
item.(@itemname).type,item.(@itemname).weapontype,item.(@itemname).swordtype},

item.(@itemname).basestats,
        {
0,0,0,0,0},
        new[
item.(@itemname).nextsteps],
      };
      for (
i=0;i<item.(@itemname).nextsteps;i++) {

clientr.("wpn_" @ (@itemname) @ "-" @ (@itemid))[5][i]=(item.(@itemname).(@"progress_" i));
      } 
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 AM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
... Asking help on appending problems; supplying a code with no appending functions. Daddy must be proud.

On topic: I know that appending to a subarray might not update the parent array's value... So it doesn't know it changed and thus doesn't update on clientside. ( This may or may not have been fixed, but it was something I had problems with in the long-past ).
Old 01-17-2008, 06:04 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I had it appending, but while trying to fix the problem, I ended up with the code that's displayed... which is essentially making blank subarrays and filling them. Same result in the end.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
... Asking help on appending problems; supplying a code with no appending functions. Daddy must be proud.

On topic: I know that appending to a subarray might not update the parent array's value... So it doesn't know it changed and thus doesn't update on clientside. ( This may or may not have been fixed, but it was something I had problems with in the long-past ).
The array problem has been fixed a long time ago, but client/clientr strings are differently (same with attr[]) and are only sent when they are updated. So it eventually doesn't detect the update when you modify a sub-array member of a client/clientr variable. It should be quite easy to fix that but requires some testing (to not send too many updates of the client/clientr variables, people already abuse them as temporary variables or similar).
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Does that mean that this will be fixed soonish, or I'm screwed?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Does that mean that this will be fixed soonish, or I'm screwed?
PHP Code:
temp.var = clientr.var;
clientr.var = "";
clientr.var = temp.var; 
A way to 'trick' an update.