Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum > Zodiac News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Zodiac: BloodLust System Released

First off, on behalf of the Zodiac staff, we'd like to wish a Happy Holiday season to everyone, and we hope that you all enjoy your holidays as much as we plan to.

I wanted to have both my BloodLust system and my Nation War system ready by Christmas, but with time restrictions, I've only been able to finish my BloodLust system. Seeing as how it's Christmas, I've decided to release it.

How it works:

When you kill someone, a bunch of factors are ran into a formula (sort of like how Honor works), and you gain an amount of that persons blood that is placed in a meter (when your bl points are at 0, the meter will not show). Your meter will continue to rise as you kill players, until it completely fills up. When it fills up, it automatically triggers and it will begin to deplete. As it depletes, you will be given the BloodLust buff, which is a large increase in attack speed, casting speed, and movement. The buff will also set your hp to 9999 and your mp to 999 when first activated. When the meter finishes depleting completely, the buff will go away.

Now, the catch with this is that if you die, you will lose X amount of blood off of your meter. So, if you want to fill it up, you're going to have to up your skill and get better as a fighter.

This is a gameplay system and will alter the gameplay to some respect. I've yet to test this system with any other players, so its effects are subject to change to try to make things as balanced as possible.

Hope you all enjoy it, and I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:32 PM
»\(║_o)/»
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Hmm, is it fast depleting, or slow?
I'm guessing fast since you get 9999 hp, and 999 mp..

Btw, Sounds nice
Old 12-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Hmm, is it fast depleting, or slow?
I'm guessing fast since you get 9999 hp, and 999 mp..

Btw, Sounds nice
Yeah it'll be fast. Sounds like PREDATOR from Farcry, good idea tho!
Old 12-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Domination >

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:39 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
will this happen if we kill monsters? if not why?
Old 12-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
will this happen if we kill monsters? if not why?

I don't think so, though, I could probably add it. I'd need permission from Yen first (at least on the monster thing), to make sure it wouldnt be completely abusive if monsters did give you some (though if they did, it would definitely be a small amount).
Old 12-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Does Zodiac still have that unflattering tileset?
Old 12-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
Does Zodiac still have that unflattering tileset?

We have a new winter tileset right now.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
I don't think so, though, I could probably add it. I'd need permission from Yen first (at least on the monster thing), to make sure it wouldnt be completely abusive if monsters did give you some (though if they did, it would definitely be a small amount).
Where's the logic in giving more bloodlust for killing a player vampire vs a real vampire? I'm just being slightly realistic here. Why would one get more bloodlust for killing a puny human compared to an ogre?
Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Where's the logic in giving more bloodlust for killing a player vampire vs a real vampire? I'm just being slightly realistic here. Why would one get more bloodlust for killing a puny human compared to an ogre?

Yeah, I don't know what world you live in, but it's not very realistic for people to cast magic and summon creatures and so forth.

While we're at it, it's not very realistic for humans to be able to revive themselves after dying.

If a server were made 100% realistic, it would fail. Some people play games to escape the real world, not be consumed by it.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what world you live in, but it's not very realistic for people to cast magic and summon creatures and so forth.
That's not the kind of realism im talking about. I guess I should have used "logical" instead of "realistic", but my point still stands.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
I like! Very cool idea.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Quote:
That's not the kind of realism im talking about. I guess I should have used "logical" instead of "realistic", but my point still stands.

Because the management doesn't want monsters to give out blood points, and I can completely see why.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Because the management doesn't want monsters to give out blood points, and I can completely see why.
Ok that's all you had to say. :|
Old 12-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Yeah, I see why, but I think they should give out very little.
Have it be like the exp: the harder the enemy, the more bloodlust points.
But yeah, keep it low so some noob can't get it really high killing the weakest enemies.
I suppose this will lead to increased PKing on Zodiac