Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Post Spar Dropship Project

I am in the progress of creating a fresh spar dropship, one that has more structure to it. Here are the blueprints (Sadly, they aren't blue!).

As you can see I hope to merge the spar dropship and the Alpha map together. Solving the "Too many planets" problem. If you wonder why there are 2 teleports for Alpha, it is so the map is more symetrical :P. So while you play Alpha, and receive a challenge from another player, just warp up back from the map and spar. But, the two rooms are there because each one contains a teleport.

The same queue system will apply. You will wait until you are the next one in, then when you are sent into the teleport room, you stand on the teleport. The teleport will not function unless another spar member is standing on the other teleport. Once a person is on each teleport, they will function and teleport both of them into a room to the theme of a battlefield. Obviously, the size of the room depends on the one you chose.

While fighting down in the spar room you will begin with a countdown timer from 3. You are both immobile until the countdown is finished. Then, once the countdown is done. You fight!

If you die, you simply warp back to the dropship as if you had died on Alpha. If you win, you warp back into the teleportation room and check if there are any more people waiting (Because if you stayed in the sparring room you would be stranded and have to use unstick me :P).

I hope you all agree on this, please if not, state why and I'll try to come to terms.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
**** it, bang the teleporters to all other planets in there and we have an overworld.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Zone Oracle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
**** it, bang the teleporters to all other planets in there and we have an overworld.
That isn't helping.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
spam much and nice Huwa now only if u could make a 2 on 2 spar >
Old 10-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
IXI, stop your damned spaming...

Amazing idea Huwajux, I love how it looks to It would look ugly if it wasn't symetrical.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:08 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
that looks like fun im excited!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
"Spar planet" should be removed in favor of simply a dropship floating around in space. This dropship should pretty much just orbit random planets. It would contain the spar rooms you listed up there minus the Alpha.

Just my thought.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Zone Oracle
Ooo, revived!

Just to let you guys know. I am working extremely hard on this now. I know it's a little late but I am hoping to get this done for January next year.

Afterwards I will go back to the new CTF. Hopefully Gambet can assist me on that as I am running dry on ideas for map design on it.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:18 PM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
Ooo, revived!

Just to let you guys know. I am working extremely hard on this now. I know it's a little late but I am hoping to get this done for January next year.

Afterwards I will go back to the new CTF. Hopefully Gambet can assist me on that as I am running dry on ideas for map design on it.
Let me help. I'm extremely bored these days D:
Old 12-23-2006, 09:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I still say we remove the "planet" in exchange for a dropship randomly floating around.

I mean when you go on the "planet" you just go in a dropship anyway...
Old 12-23-2006, 10:22 PM
What?
ceserthen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ceserthen
I say you take out the walls seperating the alpha teleporters cause that long walk-around would get annoying after a while

ZONE GFX BLOG (PART #1)
Old 12-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Zone Oracle
Here is a screenshot of the entrance in progress. I have done the center section of the dropship and the right side for the alpha teleporters. I have been working loads since the lovely Crono gave me the Gmap (Don't laugh :[).

It looks a little bare but most of the Zone dropships are, it is just the lighting things that need to go in. I will also add in some seats and other details at the top part (But not so much that you are nearly trapped by NPCs).

And please try to remember that I started the map a few hours ago and I have done more in the north area of the map not shown. I am also still doing the structure and actual detail isn't my concern as of yet. Once I have finished the structure I will begin to add nice details. I quickly added in some NPCs for this screenshot.

And about that top bit of the tiles not matching the others. You won't notice since the sneaky door will cover that up.

And ceserthen, when entering the right or left Alpha teleport, when you die you will spawn at either the left or right side. Not at the area where you enter the planet itself.

It's coming along very well. Except for all of the things still to be done. Scripting, the spar rooms that people teleport into, the lighting, loads of the map and a nice name for the place. Should we just call it Alpha? :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spar Dropship Project.png
Views:	149
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	39021  
Old 12-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im for it, GJ Huwa. Oh btw if u need any help my offer still stands
Old 12-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
I'll handle the scripting, no worries about that. Nice work so far.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Registered Punmaster
Sulukra is on a distinguished road
In regards to that screenshot, its a bit...Lacklustre, really. I do like the design and all that, but it still is too bare - even for a Zone dropship. I suggest piling some crates up in the front, and maybe something just to fill up some of that blank space.
Cor:Yeah.
-Twenty questions later-
Cor:Alright, so we all fail. What was it?
Sulukra:My handheld 20 questions game.
Cor:Curse you, you Canadian fiend.