Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2006, 08:24 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Prepping Advice

I'm finally moving up to the point where I need to prep a weapon. I've chosen the new fancy dagger of fortune instead of shelling out the dias for an ID or FID. I did this because the weapon speed is actually faster, and I figure one IWD will probably level them off on the damage anyways. Now, I've never prepped before and I'm looking for some experienced advice on what I should fill my slots with and what to bless to create a good sparring dagger.
So here's the situation.
Dagger of Fortune prepped to 10 open slots. (the price for that is 100 dias I believe?)
Probably a +9 Ogma blessing if I can ever find fro online.
Tell me if you think the +9 ogma is the best choice, keeping in mind im on a limited budget and fro doesn't do it cheap obviously. Also, what should I fill my slots with? For example, how many EW's, how many IWD's, etc. Thanks in advance for the help!
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Dagger of fortune shouldn't really be used for sparring, as it has no attack attributes. Load it up with bile and get some luck items. ;]
Old 01-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I Fight Bears
so basically the good thing about the ID or FID is that little bit of ice attack that it has?
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 09:06 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
so basically the good thing about the ID or FID is that little bit of ice attack that it has?

Yes, you need elemental attacks for sparring/PKing, thats why the golden edge stinks
Old 01-02-2006, 09:08 AM
I Fight Bears
awwwwww crud...that sets me back alot...here we go massive diamond collection for another week or two...

-edit-
Alright well, replace the dagger of fortune with an ID or FID. What should I do about the blessing/prepping to create a good sparring weapon with 10 slots.
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Get it blessed as high as it can go for that God, prep it, add a ton of IWDs, and lighten it if it's really that heavy. (Which it shouldn't be.)
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Riight now LWW are fairly worthless.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 AM
I Fight Bears
well my strength isnt anything incredible. I use an RoC and RoT, so I don't have RoW's jacking up my strength very high. The heaviness of the weapon probably will affect me just a bit, but I probably wont lower its weight unless I really have to. Thanks for the advice guys! If there're any other suggestions or if anyone happens to be selling IDs or FIDs, ill be a buyer very soon, so drop a post here.
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
do you have a high wc? there's no point in preping all damage if you can't break the players ac. For me, i got a golden edge, and preped it 9 times, after haveing it blessed +7 ogma....i added 7 EW's and 1 IWD (i can't handle or than 8 preps) so my wc jumps 14 when i use it....thought i'm only lvl 17 in phy (and base) that's pretty good...Also you will want to say /skills to see how much improvements (preps) you can handle at the moment. It's fine to add on more than what you can handle, but if you go over what your limit is, you won't be able to use the weapon you prep'd until you reach however many extra you put on. Remember you don't have to fill all the slots at the same time
Old 01-02-2006, 10:21 AM
I Fight Bears
ya, right now I can do 8 improvements (lvl 18 phys)...and my weapon class is lacking. Its like -12 with a GE equipped I think. I was planning on prepping 10 and waiting to fill the other 2 (obviously). Right now its just a money issue. In all, the process will cost me about 500 dias to complete. Thats appr. 250 for the dagger, a hundred for the blessing, a hundred for the prep, and 50 for various buying of improvements (although Im going to buy the improvements myself with plat from blessed mags) Thats ALOT for me.
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
If you don't want to spend out on a fid/id why not settle for a ice sword/thunder sword. I have a fid a ID and a thunder sword and my Thunder sword is my strongest weapon you can pick one up for 30 or so diamonds a completely underestimated weapon in my opinion.

Just as a side note i think you will all find that the Dagger of Fortune is actually slower then FID/ID remember it works in reverse the lower the number the faster the weapon.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I Fight Bears
The thunder sword/ice sword idea sounds like a great idea. I already have an ice sword and thunder swords are pretty easy to pick up. Someone was even selling an ice sword the other day with the +9 blessing, that would save me the trouble of getting fro to do it if I bought it from them. The only issue is, with a sword in battle, no matter how powerful, will I really stand a chance against someone with an ID or FID?
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
I use my thunder sword and my FID and you may need to adjust fighting style between the 2 but i wouldn't say daggers have an advantage, they have faster hits but they need to stand still to take advantage of the fast hits in this case you should take full advantage of your swords main advantage which is you can move around them and hit without stopping.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I Fight Bears
Thanks for the advice, I might just do that, I'll try to pick up a thunder sword though, I like the look better. Thanks all for the help, hope this helps others looking to prep for their first time as well. Any more ideas/help is very welcome!
Robert Frost
Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
I personally enjoy my Flaming Sword of Ogma+6 (was all the rage back then) with 55dmg

Obviously I would get +9 now, but this is olldddd.