Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Class Points

Well, I was thinking about how there is so little to do with war on Zone. Most of the time the players scurry around until they find someone to kill then engage in combat. I was thinking of creating a class point system for Zone that would enforce teamwork in Zone along with the proper use of classes.

We could put a "Class" column in the 'e' menu that lists your points. For every good thing you do you get an extra class point. At the end of the round, each class point counts towards 25 experience.

We'll start with medics.

Medic
There's a shortage of medics in Zone due to the slowness of them and lack of anything to do but heal people. I was thinking of this. I created a wounded gani that when a player is killed (with the exeptions of explosions), they fall to the ground wounded. When this happens, the medics radar shows a red cross icon (). The medic has 15 seconds to get there before the wounded soldier dies. If the medic heals him, he gets a class point. If a soldier is healed, he goes to 30 hp which could then be healed further by a medic. For every sum of 100hp healed by a medic, they earn another class point (this does not include if the soldier is dead).

Defender
The Defenders are meant to... well... defend. I see so many times the Defenders (what little there are of them) rampaging around like everyone else. The Defenders earn class points by defending friendly bases. For every two minutes they stand on a base, they earn a class point. For every enemy they kill within the radius of a friendly base, they earn a class point.

Marine
Marines, as I see them, are basically assault units. Marines gain a class point for every base they take over and a class point for every enemy they kill within the radius of an enemy base.

Grenadier
Grenadiers are generally the heavy artillery guys. They get a point for every enemy they kill with explosives and a point for every vehicle they destroy (a good reason to instate magnet mines). They can also possibly be doubled as a vehicle repair man. I'll be glad to make the gani if someone gives me some wrench gfx. Of course, repairing a vehicle will count as one class point.

Commando
The way I see, Commandos have no real purpose but to be the rambos of the army. For Commandos, they get a class point for every five kills they recieve.

Heavy and Light Infantry
These guys can double as resuppliers. They will be equiped with ammo bags and for every sum of 100 bullets they resupply, they earn a class point.

Misc.
These ideas are generally any other way to earn class points for all classes. For being in a squad (staying in a group of people walking around taking bases and such), for how many people are together at once, the quicker you earn class points.

For example-- There are three people roaming Zone in a group. Together, you take a base. The more people in that group, the more points you earn for taking a base, and defending bases.

So, whad'ya think?
Attached Files
File Type: gani zone2_wounded.gani (30.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
G-Unot
Wind_Master is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wind_Master Send a message via MSN to Wind_Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt
Well, I was thinking about how there is so little to do with war on Zone. Most of the time the players scurry around until they find someone to kill then engage in combat. I was thinking of creating a class point system for Zone that would enforce teamwork in Zone along with the proper use of classes.

We could put a "Class" column in the 'e' menu that lists your points. For every good thing you do you get an extra class point. At the end of the round, each class point counts towards 25 experience.

We'll start with medics.

Medic
There's a shortage of medics in Zone due to the slowness of them and lack of anything to do but heal people. I was thinking of this. I created a wounded gani that when a player is killed (with the exeptions of explosions), they fall to the ground wounded. When this happens, the medics radar shows a red cross icon (). The medic has 15 seconds to get there before the wounded soldier dies. If the medic heals him, he gets a class point. If a soldier is healed, he goes to 30 hp which could then be healed further by a medic. For every sum of 100hp healed by a medic, they earn another class point (this does not include if the soldier is dead).

Defender
The Defenders are meant to... well... defend. I see so many times the Defenders (what little there are of them) rampaging around like everyone else. The Defenders earn class points by defending friendly bases. For every two minutes they stand on a base, they earn a class point. For every enemy they kill within the radius of a friendly base, they earn a class point.

Marine
Marines, as I see them, are basically assault units. Marines gain a class point for every base they take over and a class point for every enemy they kill within the radius of an enemy base.

Grenadier
Grenadiers are generally the heavy artillery guys. They get a point for every enemy they kill with explosives and a point for every vehicle they destroy (a good reason to instate magnet mines). They can also possibly be doubled as a vehicle repair man. I'll be glad to make the gani if someone gives me some wrench gfx. Of course, repairing a vehicle will count as one class point.

Commando
The way I see, Commandos have no real purpose but to be the rambos of the army. For Commandos, they get a class point for every five kills they recieve.

Heavy and Light Infantry
These guys can double as resuppliers. They will be equiped with ammo bags and for every sum of 100 bullets they resupply, they earn a class point.

Misc.
These ideas are generally any other way to earn class points for all classes. For being in a squad (staying in a group of people walking around taking bases and such), for how many people are together at once, the quicker you earn class points.

For example-- There are three people roaming Zone in a group. Together, you take a base. The more people in that group, the more points you earn for taking a base, and defending bases.

So, whad'ya think?
sounds good 2 me
Old 08-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
brilliant idea, more 2 do on zone
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
G-Unot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff
brilliant idea, more 2 do on zone
ya it is a good idea and should b put in zone
Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 PM
.b o n e s.
juice188 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to juice188 Send a message via Yahoo to juice188
Blonkt for some reason i always look forward to seeing ur name on a thread, cuz i no off the bat its bound to be something good/funny
I found myself downloading ur gani before i even new what it was for or if i would want it or not

"Taking offers on a silver coin!"
Old 08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Sounds good.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Era Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice188
Blonkt for some reason i always look forward to seeing ur name on a thread, cuz i no off the bat its bound to be something good/funny
I found myself downloading ur gani before i even new what it was for or if i would want it or not
<3
Old 08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
.b o n e s.
If i might make a suggestion (Slap me if u do not like)
Instead of making classpoints toward exp, we should keep the bounties and make class points a possible way of buying ammo and stuff from vendor.
If not that possibly we could have an upgrade system that could make medics healing abilities stronger for about every 200 class points (Only 3 leves per upgrade per class)
Medics healing ability would go up 7 points for every of the 3 upgrades, Defenders would be able to take less damage from a hit << about 3 less dmg per upgrade (Marines same as Defneders). Gernaders can hold more gernades (4 gernades more per upgrade) Commandos can hold Medpacks << You are welcome 2 change commandos i couldnt think of any upgrades for them that wouldn't make them too lame that everyone would cry over. Finally light and heavy infantry can hold more ammo on the belts they sell (50 more ammo per upgrade).Tell me what you think, im open to people calling me noob and such

Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Era Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice188
If i might make a suggestion (Slap me if u do not like)
Instead of making classpoints toward exp, we should keep the bounties and make class points a possible way of buying ammo and stuff from vendor.
If not that possibly we could have an upgrade system that could make medics healing abilities stronger for about every 200 class points (Only 3 leves per upgrade per class)
Medics healing ability would go up 7 points for every of the 3 upgrades, Defenders would be able to take less damage from a hit << about 3 less dmg per upgrade (Marines same as Defneders). Gernaders can hold more gernades (4 gernades more per upgrade) Commandos can hold Medpacks << You are welcome 2 change commandos i couldnt think of any upgrades for them that wouldn't make them too lame that everyone would cry over. Finally light and heavy infantry can hold more ammo on the belts they sell (50 more ammo per upgrade).Tell me what you think, im open to people calling me noob and such
Actually, that idea led me to believe something to add on. Although it would require many weapons to be made, we could make class points unlock weapons for that particular class.

Like once the medic gets 1000 class points, they recieve an m16/m4. When a grenadier gets 2000 points, they get a grenade launcher.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
.b o n e s.
omg i had a good idea << maybe not good but it inspired some1 =D

Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 AM
G-Unot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt
Actually, that idea led me to believe something to add on. Although it would require many weapons to be made, we could make class points unlock weapons for that particular class.

Like once the medic gets 1000 class points, they recieve an m16/m4. When a grenadier gets 2000 points, they get a grenade launcher.
ummm...how about when medics get 1,000 points their medic healing thing takes no energy away and when they get 5,000 points their healing thing takes away no energy and heals them fully with 1 medic
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Ex-Zone Player
Shadox is on a distinguished road
I like the class points idea, especially cause im a commando and im good on the battlefield, i also <3 the medic idea so i know that if im dead i have a chance to live again. not that I die TOO often...*ahem* anyways nice job Bl0nkt u did it again
Old 08-10-2005, 05:27 AM
G-Unot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadox
I like the class points idea, especially cause im a commando and im good on the battlefield, i also <3 the medic idea so i know that if im dead i have a chance to live again. not that I die TOO often...*ahem* anyways nice job Bl0nkt u did it again
so do u like my idea about medic???
Old 08-10-2005, 05:38 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
I did, and since trials can't save, and most people won't spend the time to get 1000 class points, healing and running won't get much worse, if at all.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Grim Angel
Akoalin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akoalin Send a message via MSN to Akoalin
Friends would just be on opposite teams and take turns taking the bases... other than that it sounds fine.
ok skeikar ■ß Skuld at sk÷pum."

~Grˇa , Grˇgaldr