Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2004, 09:45 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
New Script Command: saveimg

You know how there is saveboard2; and copylevel;?

I thought it would be nice to have a command like this:

saveimg imgname,x,y,height,width;
syntax: saveimg string,var,var,var,var;

Description:
This would look on the screen at the specified x and y cordinates and select a box form that point to the selected hieght and width. This selected area would be copyed and saved into a 256 png img under the requested file name. This would be usefull for things like if you can change the hair style and color and other attrs about your character and have a bigger img for each thing (like a hair img about 96,32 or something) and layer them on top of each other and then save it as am img.

If you don't understand please ask for more information ;P

And tell me what you think
I really would like to see this idea up as I do have something on my server I could do that would be VERY nice to have.

[EDIT]
I mean graal already can take snapshots (except it saves on 24 bit). So iot should be easy to make this, no?
[/EDIT]
Old 04-01-2004, 09:48 PM
No sleep till brooklyn!
URBANLEGEND is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to URBANLEGEND Send a message via AIM to URBANLEGEND Send a message via MSN to URBANLEGEND Send a message via Yahoo to URBANLEGEND
I second this, It would be really handy..
Old 04-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Banned
R0bin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to R0bin
something like this has already been suggested
Old 04-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Please read my Screen Buffer thread.

I'm one step ahead of ya
Old 04-01-2004, 11:52 PM
No sleep till brooklyn!
URBANLEGEND is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to URBANLEGEND Send a message via AIM to URBANLEGEND Send a message via MSN to URBANLEGEND Send a message via Yahoo to URBANLEGEND
Quote:
Originally posted by R0bin
something like this has already been suggested

stop knocking down ideas..
Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi
Please read my Screen Buffer thread.

I'm one step ahead of ya
If we suggest it enough it show more people want it and it might go online ;P

Plus I ment for actual saving to a file. Not just storing it in memory.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Banned
R0bin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to R0bin
Quote:
Originally posted by URBANLEGEND

stop knocking down ideas..

THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SUGGESTED?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by zokemon

If we suggest it enough it show more people want it and it might go online ;P

Plus I ment for actual saving to a file. Not just storing it in memory.
Which is why I too suggested a saving feature, but that it remained serverside and only available to worlds with an NPC server. If you wanted to take a screenshot to save then just use alt+2. Otherwise, to me its silly to have a command do it for you.

Yes, the prospect of scripting a 'camera' that takes photos sounds neat, but that's really all its useful for. It would be far too easy to put a script online with a 0.1 timeout loop that takes and saves pictures to the user's harddrive. That's why I made the suggestion that a NPC Server-only command be implemented that can save the snapshots taken with the other commands I suggested.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:07 PM
That one guy...
Quote:

Which is why I too suggested a saving feature, but that it remained serverside and only available to worlds with an NPC server. If you wanted to take a screenshot to save then just use alt+2. Otherwise, to me its silly to have a command do it for you.

Yes, the prospect of scripting a 'camera' that takes photos sounds neat, but that's really all its useful for. It would be far too easy to put a script online with a 0.1 timeout loop that takes and saves pictures to the user's harddrive. That's why I made the suggestion that a NPC Server-only command be implemented that can save the snapshots taken with the other commands I suggested.
You are definitly wrong about this.

On my server I have a really good need for such a script like this or I would not suggest it. No I am not talking about a little "camera". I mean something that would allow you to put a compilation of imgs together and save them under a specified filename. Like maybe img_#a.png? 1 for each account?
I know what I am doing and this is a big project that would be helped greatly...
Old 04-03-2004, 06:43 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Looks like something of this nature has been added;
http://monochrome.merseine.nu/
Old 04-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Forbidden
Quote:

You are definitly wrong about this.

On my server I have a really good need for such a script like this or I would not suggest it. No I am not talking about a little "camera". I mean something that would allow you to put a compilation of imgs together and save them under a specified filename. Like maybe img_#a.png? 1 for each account?
I know what I am doing and this is a big project that would be helped greatly...
I guess I don't understand the point of doing that when you can manually name them yourself. The only reason I could see that you wanting a script to do alt+2 for you is to make something like a camera. If that's not what you want then I do not understand. :/ It wouldn't hurt to tell more about what it is you want to do. I clearly stated my purpose and more for my screen buffer idea.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:26 AM
That one guy...
Quote:

I guess I don't understand the point of doing that when you can manually name them yourself. The only reason I could see that you wanting a script to do alt+2 for you is to make something like a camera. If that's not what you want then I do not understand. :/ It wouldn't hurt to tell more about what it is you want to do. I clearly stated my purpose and more for my screen buffer idea.
Bah, fine.
I am making a feature for talking to NPCs and other players that is much like old fassion RPGs with the text box that appears at the bottom of the screen. It has the person talking's name and thier picture in the box. The picture would simply be thier face but would be an img saved to RC using saveimg;. It would look at thier hair img and thier head img and also helmet or hats that are on and take a bigger version of each (different files... not zoomed versions) and would put them all together and take a shot of it. This shot would be the picture used for the person talking. For players, they would need only one because it would be what ever there corrent look was, so you could save the file under thier accountname.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:48 AM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Bah, fine.
I am making a feature for talking to NPCs and other players that is much like old fassion RPGs with the text box that appears at the bottom of the screen. It has the person talking's name and thier picture in the box. The picture would simply be thier face but would be an img saved to RC using saveimg;. It would look at thier hair img and thier head img and also helmet or hats that are on and take a bigger version of each (different files... not zoomed versions) and would put them all together and take a shot of it. This shot would be the picture used for the person talking. For players, they would need only one because it would be what ever there corrent look was, so you could save the file under thier accountname.
...that needs to be dynamic?
Old 04-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Forbidden
Quote:

Bah, fine.
If you can already find out what the player's head consists of then why not save it to a string or two? If you use the attribute m. codes then all you need to do is read from those. From there, have an enlarged base head plus magnified overlaying images and use showimg to do the work. I fail to see how saving a screenshot will do this :/ How will Graal know what to set from looking at a picture file? You're asking for something that is already capable if you put some time and effort into it.