Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
The future of UN!

I just want to update all of you on the progress of Unholy Nation. We are getting extremely close to being ready to release one of our main projects. About a month ago we had the idea to condense the OW, and make some changes. As many of you all know, the OW is mainly useless and widely scattered. We have been remodeling it, and getting a new tileset prepared for it's debut release. We are really happy with how it is coming along, and I want to give you guys a release date...but I can't do that just yet. Variable change is always in my plans, and if something goes wrong...it could delay the entire project. So, I will give you guys an estimate. In roughly a month, or 2, we will be revealing our new OW.

Now, with this new OW there needs to be meaning to each and every town.... Well, that's where the second project comes in. We are killing all of the decade old "quests" that are currently on the server, serving no purpose other than giving new players 12 hearts. In place of those "quests", we are adding new, and interactive quests. They will all follow a main story, and the 2 UN antagonists; Snatch, and Knethorpe.

Here is a video preview of the next quest to be released (This is only a preview of the boss):

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z91xqgmWFI)

*NOTE: Still some visual bugs to be worked out, but I just wanted to show everyone that we are working, and making progress. Please expect to see these updates very soon!
Unholy Nation is my home.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 10-01-2013 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: Fixed up the YouTube tags (Only need the part after "v=")
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
ha, snatch.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
When is anyone going to step it up?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
When is anyone going to step it up?
probably when theres an incentive
Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Best of luck, looking forward to seeing the new changes to UN, however it strikes a bit of a sad note being as I've spent so much time on the current OW. But at this point, it sounds like the right step for UN and nostalgia must take a back seat.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Graalian since '01
I will miss the old OW myself, but it's time to push forward. UN is a great server, we just need to unlock it's full potential. We can't do that if we never update the core of everything. After this update, I will then start putting my focus on more Events. New events, and updating the outdated ones. UN revolves around its events, but I want to split that up between unlimited quest repeats for currency and other prizes. The current plan is to add a new currency. This currency will be obtained by completing quests, whether it be the first time, or the 100th time. There will be several shops around the new OW where you will be able to spend these currencies on quest-related items. Such as buffs for events, and buffs for our planned RPG Engine. I'm hoping this brings in some new players, as our playercount is still struggling. We have gone up though, since Okilian's reign. I also have mentioned word of a possible reset, but that is still a suggestion, and I still haven't even talked with PWA about that. So for now, that will be out of the question.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Whoa, that looked cool.

I have a question, since removing the decade old quests. Will the new quests be released in there replacement. And how will this be accomplished? Will they be initially released 1 by 1 or all at once? I think drawing them out could build some anticipation, maybe even some talk..

And Im a person who only played a few times but quit because staff just rushed you through all of the quests just for the hearts. So updated questing would definitely bring me back a few more times. Good work everyone.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
And Im a person who only played a few times but quit because staff just rushed you through all of the quests just for the hearts. So updated questing would definitely bring me back a few more times. Good work everyone.
Thank you for saying this. I used to constantly tell FAQs that they're not helping anyone by doing that.

And from what I've read on UNs forums, they're looking to release them 2 at a time.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:47 AM
Graalian since '01
We plan on releasing them 1-2 at a time, yes. My idea is exactly that; to build anticipation and to not put too much stress on our development team, as we are very limited scripting wise. They will replace these quests, accordingly. Since most to all players have the 13 hearts, they will receive other prizes for completing the quests. They will be repeatable, and we do plan on making 1-3 of them "party" quests, or based on team work at the very least.

I also plan on removing boot capabilities for ALL staff in the quests, so that staff stop rushing people through the quests. Hopefully cutscenes help cut that down.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
Thank you for saying this. I used to constantly tell FAQs that they're not helping anyone by doing that.

And from what I've read on UNs forums, they're looking to release them 2 at a time.
1-2 is pretty cool. Yeah and having to use a help site isn't horrible as long as the spoilers are kept out. Personally, I play games when I enjoy the game play. Being rushed to end-game drastically ruins it. But really excited to see this begin. I definitely intent to check it out.