Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 AM
27Junior1 is on a distinguished road
Post Zardox is Hiring!

Introduction
Hello my name is Junior, some of you may know me and a lot of you may not. I have seen so many servers, and it gave me inspiration to make one myself. And so i decided to come to the forums, and see all the server ideas... The first thing I noticed was about 95% people buy their servers before even thinking of an idea, thus making it hard for them to get a good staff, and to put together a good idea. And so i have waited about 3 months to think of a unique server idea....

What is Zardox?
Zardox, is an alien style server. Ok you log in the game and will see clip of your parents dieing from aliens. They try to fight them, but end up dieing, because they needed to save their son/daughter (you). You will then be taken by a guy name John who is a leader of a squad in a place called Alien Hunters HQ. He will train you to go hunt out the evil aliens..

What's inside the Hq?
The Hq has important things inside. One example is the mission area, you will be assigned missions, from your group leader (based on you rank). There will also be special missions handed to you by the director and the rewards will be high. ( You can also update your wanted list here.)
Another place is the weapon shop, you can get weapons, but they are based on your rank. Not only that, but the weapons will have some special effect based on the group you are in. You will also be able to upgrade your weapon, and even combine the items that hold the gun.(Note you will be able to get weapons from missions and you can take the weapon from the aliens as well)
Next stop is our Pvp Area, this is where you can team or fight one vs one with other players. You can gain some rank exp and the more battles you win the higher chance you can get some secret missions.
Theres also a vehicle shop (and no im not talking cars), Im talking about space ships( to travel to other alien planets) there will also be some missions where you can even use your space ship as a weapon to fight other escaped aliens in the space!

I have been hearing so much about groups. What do you mean by "groups"?
Well at the start of the game you will answer questions, and based on the questions you will be put to a certain group. Each group has their own unique thing. For example the skills, all the groups will have skills, but one group is more talented in the skill than other.

What is a wanted list?
The wanted list is a system that shows you all the "deadly aliens" out there who has violated the rules. Your main goal here to find the alien who killed your parents. (there will be over 100 deadly aliens so good luck )

I like this idea how can I help?
An important way to help us, is to stick with us and look at all the updates, people may not believe this, but if you read the updates and post good comments, this gives us "motivation" to keep on working.

So how did the parents died? And why did they die?
Well In the start of the game, you will see a cutscene of your parents talking about whether or not if they should tell the hq about the plans of the most deadly alien of them all.(the plans will be told to you piece by piece after each missions) While deciding, you hear a space ship land outside your house. You see five disgusting looking aliens and you scream. Your parents hear and found themselves trapped in the house from the aliens. So your mom hid you in your room while this is happening your father is trying to kill the other aliens. But was rather outnumbered and killed. The aliens will go upstairs and find your mother hiding you. They try to attack her, but she had a very powerful weapon to defend herself. While battling one of the aliens went to you and held you hostage until she surrenders. Of course your mom surrendered and died for you. The aliens found half of the blueprints. While trying to find the other half, the reinforcements came and scared the aliens back to their space ship. They found you the only one alive, and decided to take you in to their home.

Positions:

Scripters(Nat):
I am looking for a well dedicated scripter. One who will spend a good amount of time to his/her work, and never give up. If you have free time, and would like to help me, then please contact me through forum pm and I would be happy to set a meeting with you on (graal or msn).

Graphics(Gfxers):
I am looking for a Gfxer who can make perfect images, even if it takes forever. In other words I am also looking for dedication to their work, and to not be ashamed of what they put in the server. If you do want to work here, then please contact me in graal forums and have atleast one of these things completed:

- A future/alien style image or tileset
- An alien style weapon
- An Alien ( try to make it creative)

Screenshots will be shown when i have enough images..
Also if you have ideas, dont be shy post it and I would be happy to read them/add them to server.
Thank you for reading and hopefully supporting
Junior..

Last edited by 27Junior1; 05-20-2011 at 03:38 AM..
Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you plan to include the gory details of the parents being killed by the aliens? Graal could use a horror/shocking server.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Do you plan to include the gory details of the parents being killed by the aliens? Graal could use a horror/shocking server.
Oh man! i forgot to add that sorry guys.. And yes i will and trust me its going to be good.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Finally, an original idea!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Still need a gfxer
Old 05-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Sounds familiar .
Old 05-21-2011, 03:48 AM
Familiar how?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Junior1 View Post
Familiar how?
Coincidental and involving particularly common ideas anyway but it has a lot of similarities with Classic's intro and start to the storyline.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Not to be horribly off topic, but is there any connection between you and 27Chris1 / Mullen?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Not to be horribly off topic, but is there any connection between you and 27Chris1 / Mullen?
Chris is his cousin in real life.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Ahh, but you forgot the most important thing about servers. Everyone has great idea, whether they are original or not, but your ability to execute them is what make the difference between a classic and a U/C server. You can create the most fantastic ideas, but if you don't have the developmental powerhouse to back up such a project, then you might as well save your time for something else. I mean not to discourage you, but just to give you a warning. Look at servers like Maloria, Delteria, Classic, and N-Pulse to an extent, they all have great developers and even they take quite a while to finish certain projects (if they finish them). So good luck, but keep in mind that you don't build a server, you grow one.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Ahh, but you forgot the most important thing about servers. Everyone has great idea, whether they are original or not, but your ability to execute them is what make the difference between a classic and a U/C server. You can create the most fantastic ideas, but if you don't have the developmental powerhouse to back up such a project, then you might as well save your time for something else. I mean not to discourage you, but just to give you a warning. Look at servers like Maloria, Delteria, Classic, and N-Pulse to an extent, they all have great developers and even they take quite a while to finish certain projects (if they finish them). So good luck, but keep in mind that you don't build a server, you grow one.
Thanks for the tip.. And i understand i havent brought the server yet im waiting until i get the proper staff. And so far i still need a bit more....
Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Winning
ISonic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ISonic Send a message via MSN to ISonic
Looking for a lat jr? I'd be willing to help
Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I do need lats, but not right now... I really need gfxers...
Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
A 2D Crysis-style server would be badass, if nicely developed.