Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2017, 11:39 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Request Thread

This thread will be the place where I will take requests about the development of Bomy Island into consideration. I will consider all of your requests that are placed in this thread.

I will consider (not necessarily implement but I will take an objective look at if something can be implemented or not within the realm of gameplay Bomy Island offers) literally any reasonable request aside from these key common requests:

- "Make the server more like Unholy Nation"

- Guns (perhaps there will be a form of guns, like zalactic rifle, but cmon)

- Emo heads
Old 07-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
AI's that are indistinguishable from players. These AI's should also increase the player count.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:10 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
can I be a pretty fishfolk yet
Old 07-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Will hats be in working order for the new bodies soon? Or are there more important things to take care of first?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
rock tags
Old 07-13-2017, 03:19 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Will hats be in working order for the new bodies soon? Or are there more important things to take care of first?
Hats actually are in working order already, but I need more time to work on the new inventory system. That's the only hold up aside from the obvious fact that we will be perpetually making and adding more hats.

Inventory is a pretty long term goal considering I'm still learning a lot about Gscript, but trust me, it will be hot.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:22 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey View Post
rock tags
I wish Googi would come back and be FAQ admin

I can probably look into adding rock tags just because that would be hilarious.
I think that the system is already there, but the actual literal tags are not. Like I don't think someone can take your rock if you're mining it, but it doesn't explicitly say anything like "Owner: Acctname".
Old 07-13-2017, 03:24 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
can I be a pretty fishfolk yet
This will be a reality for sure, but I think I already confirmed Zormite is not going anywhere. It would be cool to have a contest over what style we will use. I know there are some people like Racil who donated a new Zormite tall body he made a few months back, so there is definite interest there and I also think some awesome Zormite related content would serve well to add variety to the server.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:07 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I wish Googi would come back and be FAQ admin
I wonder what your thoughts are about Lycia coming back just for that position? Not sure if that person was banned or not.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
I wonder what your thoughts are about Lycia coming back just for that position? Not sure if that person was banned or not.
I mean really, anyone who is a former player who knows the server is going to get first dibs on stuff like FAQ, Police, Events Team, etc.

I'm not really hiring those positions yet but I will post about it in this forum when I am.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:33 AM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Lupine race. See head826.png for visual reference.

Also magic missile shooting wands.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:01 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Diagonal movement for bomies!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:59 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
This and significantly less focus on Bomy players basically being there to do work for humans.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:30 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-15-2017, 03:16 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I like this one. I don't know how I'm gonna pull it off, but I want that to happen.

Not only that but I want to work on the Bomy player experience. At some point I will focus on it. The script for Bomy movement is 744 lines of ancient gs1.

The thing about scripting for this server is that there are very few people around left with the level of skill to really do it. Not only that but I meet scripters who want to pressure me to drastically change the server in ridiculous tangents that I disagree with.

Because of these problems I have found with working with other scripters, that is why I have been studying gscript for the past 6-7 months. If you want something done correctly, you have to do it yourself. I'm getting a lot better at coding but I still have a long way to go. I'd prefer to continue doing it this way because it gives me a chance to learn at the same time I am able to get the game to turn out exactly the nuanced way I think it deserves to be.