Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Bonus Exp Day

Graal Kingdoms is currently having a 50% experience bonus that will last all day today.

I will also start a weekend experience bonus event with a 25% increase.

We have made some map changes so be sure to come check out the updates so far. Hope to see you all on GK soon.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
Graal Kingdoms is currently having a 50% experience bonus that will last all day today.

I will also start a weekend experience bonus event with a 25% increase.

We have made some map changes so be sure to come check out the updates so far. Hope to see you all on GK soon.
New players can already get 110 in 2-3 hours without having to touch a treasure map like we all did.

What's this do for the large majority of the player-base that already beat the game? Slighting our thousands of hours spent grinding even further by adding a multiplier to what has already been made a 1 day chore doesn't exactly count for front-page news in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
What's this do for the large majority of the player-base that already beat the game?
I feel the same way. What do I do now that I beat the game too? I mean sure I could get some more skill to 107 but I already have multiple maxed out skills.. an army of spells, almost fully fully fully maxed out everything. All gold keys, all imp potions, all skills, I'm really only missing a few recipe's and a few spells and thats everything there is in the game. It means that playability then morphs from a level up aspect to a TCG aspect where you just horde item.. because cmon who is there to actually spar against? And even if I did I already have 2 weapons both maxed out IWD's.. lol with most armor maxed out EA's. its ridicules.. I play graal and the first visual in my mind is Goro Mountain from ZOOT.. and then questing puzzles, then I realize I'm not on an AA server and them I'm on a RPG server and just log off.. this usually takes place in about the first 3-5 minutes I'm on gk before I just log off.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
We have been working on some changes for the EAs. It will give more to work towards atleast for new players. That is a different topic that will be posted once we have finished though.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
In my opinion the old player base is dead. So long? The focus should be trying to maintain and keep new players.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
The focus should be trying to maintain and keep new players.
What new players? You have to get them before you can try to maintain and (lol) keep them.

I recognize every single person online right now; and I haven't played in over 6 months. If you really think the 'new generation' is going to even come close to matching (let alone surpassing) the standing player-base then you are sorely mistaken.

You have to first stabilize/maintain the current player-base. I know for a fact there's 200+ players that have some sort of time/energy invested into playing GK that pass through Graal on a weekly basis. You have to get them to stay online for more than the 5 minutes me, scriptless, and many others I've spoken to have been logging recently. We need something worth doing other than scrolling through our inventory and realizing we already beat the game.

Once you get these guys to stay online; more of their friends or passerby will see the playercount and join them. Once the average playercount is substantial enough for trading/kingdoms/events/basic player interaction to take place then maybe those new people will actually start to appear on the horizon.

It's happened briefly before when tigbot/xmas dungeon was added and we thought Nico was actually going to accomplish something. The playercount was somewhat stable and new players swarmed in. But since then no actual content has been created and you're back to 10~ players permanently idle.

You and I both know maintaining this production of content isn't impossible; honestly it's quite easy for those qualified should they have a steady input of ideas (there's a dozen or so in my tl;dr post once you guys took over GK). But when someone multiplies a variable into a couple experience equations (30 seconds should you know where these equations are) and wants to see us all on GK. I can't help but laugh at the futility.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
In my opinion the old player base is dead

I'm pretty sure the current playerbase is still mostly made up of the old playerbase??

the focus of a product should never be alienating one audience for another, especially when the former is the audience on whose backs the product's longevity came from

maybe the focus should be making something good, full stop, not an attempt at robbing peter for paul while trying to justify doing something like that in the first place

metaphors
Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
What new players? You have to get them before you can try to maintain and (lol) keep them.

I recognize every single person online right now; and I haven't played in over 6 months. If you really think the 'new generation' is going to even come close to matching (let alone surpassing) the standing player-base then you are sorely mistaken.

You have to first stabilize/maintain the current player-base. I know for a fact there's 200+ players that have some sort of time/energy invested into playing GK that pass through Graal on a weekly basis. You have to get them to stay online for more than the 5 minutes me, scriptless, and many others I've spoken to have been logging recently. We need something worth doing other than scrolling through our inventory and realizing we already beat the game.

Once you get these guys to stay online; more of their friends or passerby will see the playercount and join them. Once the average playercount is substantial enough for trading/kingdoms/events/basic player interaction to take place then maybe those new people will actually start to appear on the horizon.

It's happened briefly before when tigbot/xmas dungeon was added and we thought Nico was actually going to accomplish something. The playercount was somewhat stable and new players swarmed in. But since then no actual content has been created and you're back to 10~ players permanently idle.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
the existing playerbase is dead, its pretty simple. Focusing on the current base will get GK the base they have nothing. The primary focus should be new players and working on getting new players and catering to them. Small updates to try and help new players doesn't hurt the player base, so stop complaining unless your willing to help.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Closed Thread