Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Ariander is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Lost

Hey all,

As I'm trying to play GK again, I'm finding that I've forgotten most of everything. Some things, I'm managing to work out on my own, or after spending hours picking through 3 or 4 (largely old and outdated) information sites, finding a gem of info here or there.

But here's the thing - I'm an old player returning - so no going through the newbie tutorial, and it seems a lot of things have changed and most of the helps I _am_ able to find are written by people who have been playing so long they've forgotten what being truly new in many senses is really like. Either that or the server is that broken or changed, and undocumented, that the old helps and FAQ's are no longer valid. Whatever the reason, I have lots of "newbish" questions I hope someone will take the time to answer...

Random:

1) Alchemy - have a cauldron, know how to do /recipe 'name' and /recipes, know to double click the cauldron, put stuff in it, - but I can't seem to figure out anything past this. Any help on the specifics of HOW to use the skill would be appreciated.

2) Have a horse, have it at 100% like (about 6 hours or so old now), it's fed, have a saddle, can get it to follow and stop - but can't seem to figure out how to ride it. Also it doesn't appear to be eating from the trough I made and is at 100% food. (It's pegged inside my house on Zormite for now)

3) Dungeons, magic and keys - pretty much really out of my element again. I can cast basic spells using my old Forest Wand, but I can't remember how some spells even work, particularly those that are buffing types. I can't remember how to get in and out of the haunted houses, and I keep finding all these keys laying about that I have NO idea what they are for.

4) Lord spawns - I've not seen a single one yet - and I've been wandering all over the map like crazy.

5) Houses - I know they need to be "upkept" from time to time - but I have no idea how you tell the level of decay or how much repair is needed, etc.

I have tons more questions, but for now figure that's plenty to pester people with. Thanks much in advance for any help!

Ari
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
1. If you know the recipe, all you have to do is put all the ingredients in and /cast alchemy -> open the cauldron and you should have the item, if your intelligence level is high enough.

2. The horse needs to be an adult for you to ride it (24 hours until it grows up) and only eats when it wants to (under 100%)

3. Keys open doors in the haunted houses, you need to cast a spell like /cast small lightning or slash it with a sword (kick it open). If you press M and look at the map inside the haunted house you'll see the ending, that's where you need to get to get out and the last room is usually a "kill # monsters" for a key to open the last door. (unstuck me)

4. Lords hide deep inside dungeons if I'm not mistaken, hunting them is a hazzle.

5. Right click houses to see what percentage it is at and it doesn't take a lot of materials to repair it at all. (nails, boards & stones)
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks. Still quite confused tho - but let me stick w/alchemy for the moment;

So, I have my forest wand equipped, I have "alchemy" highlighted/clicked in my spell menu. I double click the cauldron (on the floor inside my house) and add 7 water, double click the cauldron again and nothing happens. (the cauldron bubbles, and opens and closes - but nothing happens to the items in the cauldron)

So I think I'm literally asking for how to click/what to type in order to accomplish actually "using' my alchemy. (And what is the difference between the "alchemy" in the spell window and the "alchemy" skill?

Oh, and thank you for the info on the house and the horse - that did help answer those questions!

Ari

(AM I just getting stupider w/age - cause I don't remember having this hard a time playing the last time I created an account a few year ago - lol!)
Old 02-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Perhaps he's casting alchemy improperly? Just to verify - you've tried dragging the spell from the spell window onto the cauldron?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
On the subject of lords: why hasn't this been fixed? It helped people level all offensive skills into the mid 20s. In their current state they are pretty much useless.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks - dragging the icon onto the cauldron was the trick! (That and I realized that I needed to be outside my house to use the spell as well). Heh!

So next question - what is the dif. between the "skill" alchemy and the spell of alchemy? One obviously makes potions/transmutes items. But how do I use the skill then?

Thanks for those responding here and in the game as well - very appreciated
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
The skill lets you identify the items you create with the spell. If you make a piece of armor with alchemy you'll have to use the skill to see what stat the armor has.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 AM
The Nuke
Nuke_for_you will become famous soon enough
On the subject of lords theres only 4 places they end up, end of each haunted house, near dustari entrance, Random spot on the way to samurai entrance

99% of the time all 4 are by dustari entrance
Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke_for_you View Post
99% of the time all 4 are by dustari entrance
What progress looks like.