Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Valikorlian Development Server

The Valikorlian development team has been waiting for our server to be adjusted so that non-gold accounts can access and begin work. To the uninitiated, this may seem like a far-fetched request given that every other development server requires gold accounts but this comes after a period of several months where we were promised a free development server. When we finally pitched in the funds to purchase a community-driven dev server, we were left with the reality that none of our classic-account developers could access the server and begin work.

This has led to some troubling hurdles for us and, in light of the other items we've been waiting on (changing the Server Browser text and map), I have come to the conclusion that we've exhausted every other avenue of discussion, save this forum.

So here we are.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
The Valikorlian development team has been waiting for our server to be adjusted so that non-gold accounts can access and begin work. To the uninitiated, this may seem like a far-fetched request given that every other development server requires gold accounts but this comes after a period of several months where we were promised a free development server. When we finally pitched in the funds to purchase a community-driven dev server, we were left with the reality that none of our classic-account developers could access the server and begin work.

This has led to some troubling hurdles for us and, in light of the other items we've been waiting on (changing the Server Browser text and map), I have come to the conclusion that we've exhausted every other avenue of discussion, save this forum.

So here we are.
We are waiting for like 3 months now. That means 3 Months of paying just wasted for literally nothing. I also doubt we will get that lose time added to the Dev Server.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
it takes like an hour to finish enough surveys to get a months worth of gold. anybody can easily make a new account and get free gold. just a thought.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop413 View Post
it takes like an hour to finish enough surveys to get a months worth of gold. anybody can easily make a new account and get free gold. just a thought.
It's never ever taken me anything under 2 hours to get a gold account. Half of the offers don't work, and the other half demand that you fill in 500 pages of personal info before it gives you anything. Sure, there's a couple facebook offers here and there that take 5 minutes to complete and give you 80 or 90 Gelats (if you're lucky) but who wants to sit there for 2 hours filling in surveys and getting to level 5 on dragon quest facebook? I certainly don't.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop413 View Post
You are a fool. Why should the Developers pay for Gold when we already paid for a Dev Server? Plus we ONLY upgraded a Server because it was said we get it classic enabled.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
File a froud.

Service wasn't done correctly

Old 08-21-2012, 04:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that sucks, have you tried contacting Stefan directly?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Damn that sucks, have you tried contacting Stefan directly?
Yeah countless emails sent to him. Since that Iphone Servers got released he doesnt care about PC anymore I guess. Well atleast he could give someone the responsibility about Graal PC. Its annoying really. We as Customer who pay money dont get any service.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Old 08-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Pizza Wizard
We've tried contacting Stefan and going through the PWA (who seem to be as good as getting in touch with him as we are. AKA: as a dog might hope to get the attention of a cloud), so I am hoping that these forums serve as a better reminder than an e-mail lost in a wave of Zodiac-related managerial complaints or whatever else may have come up in the last several months that would make him squeamish to do anything.

I'm a network manager, I know how hard it can be to handle certain tasks, but some of the items on our complain list seem like something you check a radio box in a web admin panel somewhere and you're done. Compound that with a lack of any real communication with the last remaining PC graal customers and it strikes me as especially neglectful.

I do not need forum moderators with egos, I need the people in charge of the back-end.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
We've tried contacting Stefan and going through the PWA (who seem to be as good as getting in touch with him as we are. AKA: as a dog might hope to get the attention of a cloud), so I am hoping that these forums serve as a better reminder than an e-mail lost in a wave of Zodiac-related managerial complaints or whatever else may have come up in the last several months that would make him squeamish to do anything.

I'm a network manager, I know how hard it can be to handle certain tasks, but some of the items on our complain list seem like something you check a radio box in a web admin panel somewhere and you're done. Compound that with a lack of any real communication with the last remaining PC graal customers and it strikes me as especially neglectful.

I do not need forum moderators with egos, I need the people in charge of the back-end.
Stefan has a track record of only acting (or pretending to act) on such issues he otherwise couldn't care less with once they become an irritation to him, sad but true.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Yet another thread ignored by the PWA and Stefan, wohoo.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Banned
Val have more chance of having a dev server Classic subscription enabled if they request it for the sake of developing it for the magic i word.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Val have more chance of having a dev server Classic subscription enabled if they request it for the sake of developing it for the magic i word.
I dunno if RP would work on an iphone. I could be wrong though, y'all might tap into a new niche.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Pizza Wizard
I ran under the impression that Valikorlia on the iOS and Facebook would be a great thing. Then I played Classic and Era on that platforms and it just isn't ready yet. Valikorlia is a social game, and the non-PC versions of Graal don't lend themselves well to socializing; you cannot mass message or quickly PM someone yet. I see it being viable in a few versions, though.

I understand it's made a fortune and the playercount is always above a thousand. I'd love to run Valikorlia for a group larger than 30 people, but at some point you saturate things and it's best to have a system of gameplay (versus a system of roleplay) in place to handle everyone. Zodiac as a web-game would be an amazing hit, to that example.

I would be happy with Valikorlia having community accounts, but we can't develop any features until our dev server is up. Our main server is so addled by years-old code and conflicting scripts that we need to develop something on the side, scrub the main server, then lift the code from the dev server and place it into the primary server.

We're stuck on Step 1 and still waiting. Again, it seems like a big request to circumvent gold accounts but we're some especially visible content creators.