Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
New gang bases. I like the old gang bases as much as other people but I think it's time for new bases. and it would probably get gangs to become active again. I also would like to see the old way for getting around other gang bases where the other gang has to shoot down all the doors (except the exit door) instead of just grabbing it.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The new gang system will be introduced on the main server when it's completed. We will also be releasing rescripted/remade events and a new EventBot on the main server when it's completed.
This is great news!

It's really tempting to get my phone and get two gelat codes.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
This is great news!

It's really tempting to get my phone and get two gelat codes.
"Sounds", its probably not going to get finished for quite some time, and why do you pay for this? It looks like they are trying to make it to where less people play this, if you need to pay every month less people will play this.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Whats up with the Gang Gun Racks or so, when will we be able to test those?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
bottem line is that sales and vimes will both quit era before the reset is complete like the last 3 managers
Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I have a pretty decent amount done for a new gang system, but due to school and other things taking up most of my time, I haven't been able to work on it much, if at all, lately. I apologize for that. As of now, there is definitely more to it than there is with the current gang system, but I still have a lot of features I plan to add.

I've focused all of my attention on competition and creating incentives to participate. As of now, the plan is to let anyone create a gang (for a small price), but once you lead a gang, you have to meet certain requirements to maintain it. There will be a weekly point quota, and if you miss that quota too many times, your gang will be destroyed. It won't be too much, but enough to make sure you're active.

Gangs will be able to unlock new things the better they do and the longer they survive. Unlocks include custom outfits, nickname formatting, gang hats, gang guns, more member slots, etc. The more things you unlock though, the harder it becomes to maintain your gang. Gang leaders will be able to decide how big they want their gang to be...it can be small like a party, or bigger than what most gangs are now.

There is a very in-depth GUI which displays detailed information about members (there's even a bar graph to compare kills, deaths, etc) so you can see who is contributing and who needs to be removed. There will be leaderboards for gangs in general, but also individual members. Perhaps bonuses can be awarded to the top gangs and members each week?

I plan to also remake bases so that they are more interactive. For example, you could hack into a computer to gain control of the doors, destroy barricades to create new entrances, or kill the power to disable certain things, etc -- so that raiding can be a little more than just breaking a chest. Might also be able include some kind of event notification whenever a raid is occurring and give point bonuses for every kill inside the base.
This.

/thread

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
bottem line is that sales and vimes will both quit era before the reset is complete like the last 3 managers
I can see Sales, Chris Vimes doesn't have much else to do. Although, if they don't...even though it goes without saying; I don't see the reset for quite awhile.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
I honestly don't really see any point in having a reset.. nor do I see a reason to create a "New Era". I personally think it would be best to take what Era currently is and just improve certain things, and make a lot of add-ons. If a "New Era" is made.. well, than it won't be Era at all, it will be something else.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
getting everything ready on a server where only the staff can critique and make adjustments and ignoring the real server = why the real server sucks so bad
Old 02-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
A reset is necessary to release some of the long overdue system improvements, and to give everyone a fresh start after so many economic screw ups we've had in the past (and present ).

The term "New Era" was coined when promises of a new gmap, new jobs, etc came with the development. A reset is a big thing for players, and dev teams usually feel like they have to make a big deal out of it. Just about everything that could be released on the main server was when it was ready, unfortunately though, most of the new systems are designed around things that cannot be moved.

You have to remember that we are all volunteers, and may not work as fast as you would like us to, but everything we do on the dev server is to improve Era as a whole. I think it's important that everyone knows that Era Dev is just a place for us to work without screwing everything up on the main server, and is not some foreign server that will replace the Era you've enjoyed for so long.

Last edited by salesman; 02-06-2010 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: removed rant!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Sure sounds like it. From the way you the Dev Team speak of it, sounds like you're scripting and building a whole new Era from scratch.

I'm still curious as to whats wrong with the current GMAP.
Oh, you're no longer manager... elaborate.

Also, I'm not sure why adding 1-2 additional jobs isn't enough, why you all need to replace the current jobs, lol. They seem to be functional; apparently able to substain this era.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:57 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Sure sounds like it. From the way you the Dev Team speak of it, sounds like you're scripting and building a whole new Era from scratch.

I'm still curious as to whats wrong with the current GMAP.
Oh, you're no longer manager... elaborate.

Also, I'm not sure why adding 1-2 additional jobs isn't enough, why you all need to replace the current jobs, lol. They seem to be functional; apparently able to substain this era.
Everything will be rescripted, yes. We will be reusing lots of levels, and also making new ones and improving olds ones.

The current GMAP has a lot of wasted space and isn't organized in any way. For example, the instrument shop currently resides in a former box factory.

We only plan to add one job (fishing?), if that. The other jobs will just be rescripted or maybe changed to be more interactive/fun.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
The problem is that you're always limiting the amount of items to a certain number why is that? If you do that the item "may" go up in price and it's not like we come here to spend hours and hours making money.

If lets say an item is limited to 5, then someone will come up with the thought "ah I will buy all 5 of them and destroy 4 this way It will be worth A LOT", well if someone does this, that only means you're losing items, items are being destroyed and will never be seen again. Which leaves you without no choice but to put some more in of that item in. You should just have every item to an unlimited amount, most of them anyways.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Constant thinker
GarethOmni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GarethOmni
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Everything will be rescripted, yes. We will be reusing lots of levels, and also making new ones and improving olds ones.

The current GMAP has a lot of wasted space and isn't organized in any way. For example, the instrument shop currently resides in a former box factory.

We only plan to add one job (fishing?), if that. The other jobs will just be rescripted or maybe changed to be more interactive/fun.
Would you be willing to elaborate at all on what the businesses are going to be like, or are you going to wait to disclose that?

"The internet is awesome, It lets me joke about and do things that I would never really do in reality"
Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethOmni View Post
Would you be willing to elaborate at all on what the businesses are going to be like, or are you going to wait to disclose that?
I don't know much right now except that we want to eliminate pure grabbing businesses and force them to operate working working with each other. There may be some business which cuts trees, for example, then produces some item which is needed for another business to operate (like a mixing spoon for Dairy Hut).

Lame example, but you get the point.