Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:07 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
Don't drop this feature.
We won't. We are trying to add a SNES feel to the gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Looks very nice, I do hope you'll have more hair variations though
Of course!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:47 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
I don't like how the bodies/heads are designed, but the system looks great.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelu View Post
how chompy said the whole server will be keyboard based so u will never use the mouse to push arrows like this
What's the matter? Just have another pair of the arrows, brighter, to indicate they are highlighted. Then scroll through with your keyboard. That's better than a slider for sure
Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Other suggestions as of how it could be done would be nice :o

And, btw, the whole server will be keyboard based
Two "buttons", that really just look like arrows. Operated with left/right arrow keys.

Just seems a lot nicer than a slider to me.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Angelu will become famous soon enough
kk crow explained me the arrow key thing
we will change that than in something like

Body:
<- Black Coat ->
Old 11-22-2008, 07:06 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to critique the entire video, even though you say it is a work in progress:
  • First off, I love the start screen, great job. All it needs is a little music, and better sound effects (for scrolling, selecting, and backing out).
  • It bothers me that you have so many warnings about starting a new game if you already have a character in progress. Maybe you should integrate the warning about erasing an existing character with the "are you sure you want to start a new character" screen.
  • You should probably make the name selecting screen more keyboard like (it would go with your keyboard only theme). If you're not into that, then maybe you should make a CAPs toggle option.
  • As mentioned above, sliders for head and body selection isn't recommended. It does make sense to use it for the RBG selection though, keep that. I don't like the use of arrows to browse through options that someone suggested though. Maybe instead you could have seperate options like HEAD, BODY, HAIR, etc and when you press enter on one it'll bring you to a preview screen where you can see examples of the option you selected.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
  • As mentioned above, sliders for head and body selection isn't recommended. It does make sense to use it for the RBG selection though, keep that. I don't like the use of arrows to browse through options that someone suggested though. Maybe instead you could have seperate options like HEAD, BODY, HAIR, etc and when you press enter on one it'll bring you to a preview screen where you can see examples of the option you selected.
Agreed!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:09 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Quote:
  • It bothers me that you have so many warnings about starting a new game if you already have a character in progress. Maybe you should integrate the warning about erasing an existing character with the "are you sure you want to start a new character" screen.
There are people who come up with " i pushed the wrong button and deleted my char but that was a mistake so give me my Char back "
Thats why we have 2 Warning Notes and they only pop up if you have an existing Char.
You can only have 1 Char so its not like you will go through
the Char Creation very often so see it as a "Reseting Option"

Quote:
  • You should probably make the name selecting screen more keyboard like (it would go with your keyboard only theme). If you're not into that, then maybe you should make a CAPs toggle option.
We have to look with the CAPs toggle
The prob is its a RPG Server so we dont want
1337 names or names where evry second letter is big.
If you make a Space It starts big again.

Quote:
I dont even half understand what you mean here sorry XD
How i said above we change the sliders into arrows.
The Part i dont understand is the thing you mean with seperate options
because if you saw the video you will see that the different parts are different options at the moment.
The only thing which is different is that you see the changes directly instead of pushing enter
because it will took you much more time to find the right hair color if you have to push enter all the time
Old 11-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
I'm amazed this is a GServer.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I hate the method of randomly shifting through images for heads/bodies/hair... it's pretty ancient and takes a long, long time when the images start stacking up. I don't want to go through 200 head images, one at a time, looking for a head I like. I don't know if you intend to have that many, though... if you do, you might want to try something that displays many possible heads at once.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
There's no way that we will have more than 200 heads, lol...not even 100
20 max, per gender.
We don't plan to have Super Saiyans and Naruto's or Son Gokus running around.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
The New Char Creator will look like this :

Before you get something wrong this Char Creator only sets your
"Start Outfit" so there will be only a hand full Parts you can select.
You have to buy Clothes in Shops or you have to go to the Barbier to get new fancy Hairs.
To the Heads what Dusty means Graal has 1500 Heads because the Head is 1 image inclusive hairs and all other things.
in our system you can combine the Parts so
if you have 20 Heads (eyes) and 20 Hairs you have 400 different combinations
(add the 255x255x255 colors and you have near endless combinations)
Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
We don't plan to have Super Saiyans and Naruto's or Son Gokus running around.
But it looks like you will have lots of Cloud's running around :P
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
But it looks like you will have lots of Cloud's running around :P
Make some Hairs for us ? XD
Nobody wants to make them thats why we only have this kind of Hairs XD
Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Because we have to focus on other stuff first.

Closed Thread