Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 03:23 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Unfortunately I disagree, Ask a handful of developers "Is there a developer from each server you hate or very much dislike?" and you'll get "Yes, I wouldn't work with them even If you paid me." Expression or not it only proves my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm suggesting development restructuring to encourage unity and focus among talented developers
The average developer may eat cake, neo-Graal would be for only the most talented. They will see the opportunity and rise to the call.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
The average developer may eat cake, neo-Graal would be only for the most talented. They will see the opportunity and rise to the call.
Well they'll only pick up the phone If it's presented properly and so far I'm unconvinced through the circular logic you're presenting to us all.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:27 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Well they'll only pick up the phone If it's presented properly and so far I'm unconvinced through the circular logic you're presenting to us all.
I've answered your questions multiple times. Please don't distract from the initial topic, as it is very important to the whole community. We all want to discuss necessary price changes and other high priority considerations.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:30 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Forcing a merge or anything similar is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 AM
Boom!
Quote:
It feels counter-intuitive, but merging content & developers from poorly performing classic servers into a new or revised "gold" server would help focus development and unify developers.
Quote:
This will not be possible unless you have the interest of community leaders and a means of managing developers to avoid in-fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Forcing a merge or anything similar is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.
Again, I believe you misunderstood my message.

We can all agree that simply changing the price will not fix the problem; changes need to be made within Graal or we will quickly lose our new customers for the same reason our old customers are leaving.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:39 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Again, I believe you misunderstood my message.
I don't care if it's possible or not, it's still stupid. People have been spouting this, "if we all just work together!" thing for a long time and it never made sense.

Quote:
We can all agree that simply changing the price will not fix the problem; changes need to be made within Graal or we will quickly lose our new customers for the same reason our old customers are leaving.
No one is trying to change the price to fix any problems except one. We just want to get rid of the ****ty subscriptions. That's a HUGE ****ING PROBLEM in itself. Worry about the other stuff later. Either way **** isn't going to get done when you're relying on people doing stuff for fun and hoping they do the work for you. Especially when we have to pay to do their work for them.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Boom!
Quote:
No one is trying to change the price to fix any problems. We just want to get rid of the ****ty subscriptions. That's a HUGE ****ING PROBLEM in itself. Worry about the other stuff later.
Quote:
It would be a terrible shame if Graal changed their payment system, attracted a bunch of new players, and then permanently lost the interest of a greater majority due to content stagnation.
This is a real threat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Not really sure how to explain it, but we all need to team up and rebuild Graal. Those of us who have been posting on the forums about this need to get together and try and find ways to put Graal back together.
If they officially implement an incentive program on a specific server the developers will follow - it is the administration which needs to answer the call to action. The members of this community have done enough.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Quote:
This is a real threat.
It's ALWAYS been a threat. But like I said, a more active playerbase will be a better incentive to develop. Right now most servers are stuck with the same small playerbase, most of them a bunch of ungrateful, selfish ****s who don't appreciate anything. I don't blame them for not doing anything.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
If they officially implement an incentive program on a specific server the developers will follow - it is the administration which needs to answer the call to action. The members of this community have done enough.
This "It has been said, therefore it will happen" logic is flawed and idiotic.
I'm gonna leave you guys up to discussing it I've said all I can really say without overstepping my ground.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Either way **** isn't going to get done when you're relying on people doing stuff for fun and hoping they do the work for you. Especially when we have to pay to do their work for them.
Quote:
it is the administration which needs to answer the call to action. The members of this community have done enough.

Quote:
Right now most servers are stuck with the same small playerbase, most of them a bunch of ungrateful, selfish ****s who don't appreciate anything. I don't blame them for not doing anything.
Quote:
If they officially implement an incentive program on a specific server the developers will follow
Old 01-31-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Fine, with your idea I guess we'll be ****ing stuck with gold subscriptions for the next decade, or if things go WELL the next few years. Totally in-line with what this thread is about.

We want to get rid of the ****TY SUBSCRIPTION SYSTEM. Waiting around for a quality server, by players or even by the administration is just going to take forever. It's counterintuitive. Yes, it would be GOOD to have a nice server, but right now I don't care about that, I care about getting rid of the crappy system that we've been dealing with for years.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Fine, with your idea I guess we'll be ****ing stuck with gold subscriptions for the next decade, or if things go WELL the next few years. Totally in-line with what this thread is about.
Quote:
It has been explained to me that there will no longer be subscription levels. This leads me to believe that it will be entirely microtransaction based, which certainly makes the most sense. I'm all for the idea, but the product cannot remain viable if the content stagnates - which is exactly what would happen if only pricing is changed.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Quote:
But a larger playerbase WOULD be an incentive, hence my post you quoted. Are you not getting this?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 AM
Boom!
Quote:
But a larger playerbase WOULD be an incentive, hence my post you quoted. Are you not getting this?
The banks of America have made a lot of mistakes, they're cruel and ruthless. But they always had one thing right...

Money is a great incentive. Better than a happy feeling and lasts a lot longer too. This is business.

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-31-2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: removed reply to deleted post
Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I think there's a little bit of confusion here. I haven't read everything that was posted since the last time I posted myself, but you do not have to advertise and change your prices at the same time. Obviously prices change prior to advertising, or to suit advertising, but they are not directly inclusive. The pricing (in my opinion) needs to be changed to accommodate for those that are stumbling over from the iPhone servers, or just in general really. It is evident with the iPhone server that the acceptable standards for iPhone players are pretty low to begin with, as Dusty brought up. If they enjoy Classic iPhone, I don't see why they wouldn't enjoy the servers we currently offer on here. The bad impression that is left with them is the pricing. I'm generalizing a lot here, but I can only really go by what people have told me, and I communicate with these guys a lot.