Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can you check if you have correctly downloaded it (should display a valid signature when right click -> properties)
Yeah it had the signature and everything, just found the problem was running it in XP compatibility mode which was a relic I had from the release of V5, it's fine without it.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Still getting the issue of when I reconnect a couple of times the client freezes.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I completely forgot about this, but when I was working on my project a while ago I noticed a very odd bug: Having a weapon named Shield caused it to disappear from the players inventory(and any reference to it, even in the weapons array) when the player logged on, until the weapon was updated. Though the last time I tested this I had v5, I imagine it's still there.

Considering it's not a default weapon like Bomb or Bow, I found this a little odd.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 PM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I completely forgot about this, but when I was working on my project a while ago I noticed a very odd bug: Having a weapon named Shield caused it to disappear from the players inventory(and any reference to it, even in the weapons array) when the player logged on, until the weapon was updated. Though the last time I tested this I had v5, I imagine it's still there.

Considering it's not a default weapon like Bomb or Bow, I found this a little odd.
There should be a serveropt to disable the classic naming.

EDIT: New client will sometimes just freeze when closing.

Last edited by MrOmega; 10-19-2010 at 04:23 AM..
Old 10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A new Windows beta version has been released (5.302):
- fixed chat text of showcharacter() npcs
It seems as if this problem is still occuring for me

From what I can tell you set a characters text once, you then set it a second time and it then hides at the time you'd have expected the first text display to hide (if it were a player and not an NPC).
Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 PM
One More Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post

From what I can tell you set a characters text once, you then set it a second time and it then hides at the time you'd have expected the first text display to hide (if it were a player and not an NPC).
Yes still happens on Varia (levels: gale_castle-1.nw/gale_castle-2.nw)
It's a db NPC that warps to the next level, it works fine in the first level but after the NPC warps chat text doesn't work at all
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Yes still happens on Varia (levels: gale_castle-1.nw/gale_castle-2.nw)
It's a db NPC that warps to the next level, it works fine in the first level but after the NPC warps chat text doesn't work at all
I can also confirm this has not been fixed.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I always considered this a bug, and it's still not fixed with v6:

When using play2() or playlooped2() with coordinates, the "direction" of the sound playing doesn't update when the player moves, but stays the same all the time, from the point where the function is called. Not cool. Can't we make this dynamic?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
You probably already now this but:

All of the era instruments besides flute I suppose are silent and needs the correct .wav supposedly.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Latest V6 broke the dialog system on Zodiac, narrowed it down to the use of waitfor.

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE

/*
Proper output:

sending request
request received
returning result 'test'
result returned 'test'

What happens when you have a waitfor:

sending request
request received
returning result 'test'
result returned ''

What happens without a waitfor:

sending request
request received
returning result 'test'
result returned 'test'
*/

function onCreated() {
  echo(
"sending request");

temp.test requestVar("test");
  echo(
"result returned '" temp.test "'");
}

public function 
requestVar(a) {
  echo(
"request received");

waitfor(this"randomevent"0.05); // Causes problem

echo("returning result '" "'");
  return 
a;

Old 10-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Latest V6 broke the dialog system on Zodiac, narrowed it down to the use of waitfor.
Ok thanks for reporting, will be fixed in the next version.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
If you put a player on ignore who is in the same guild with the tag on at the time, it will keep them under the "Guild" tab
Old 10-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
If you put a player on ignore who is in the same guild with the tag on at the time, it will keep them under the "Guild" tab
In my opinion, I think the "Ignore" menu should be removed entirely and those on ignore should be denoted by their nick/account text in playerlist being red.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
In my opinion, I think the "Ignore" menu should be removed entirely and those on ignore should be denoted by their nick/account text in playerlist being red.
Yeah, I'm fine with that.

Also, am I the only one who finds the automatic name search on playerlist annoying?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I would prefer they were grouped, even if that means grouping them the bottom of the players section.

Tags
graal v6, windows