Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Global News Team Application: MattKan

Required Questions:

Does your account hold a Gold or Classic subscription?

Yes, I have a Gold subscription. I also have a large supply of gelats to fill that subscription and do not see any reason why I would not be able to purchase more once they run out.

Do you have any experience with editing Wikipedia pages?

Yes, I have a good basis of experience: Oftentimes I edit the Graal Bible- I've written pages for several playerworlds and updated the worlds list, itself.

Write a short paragraph expressing why you want to join the team.

I decided to apply for this position because I enjoy writing and having my work read. Lately, I've found that I prefer writing informative, non-fiction articles and essays in addition to my already existing liking of writing long, fictional stories. From what I’ve seen, this job includes both of those genres. I think it would be fun to write and deliver Graal's news to the Graalians, because I have played GraalOnline an awful lot lately and would like to be a part of its staff team. From what I've heard, this team consists of good people, and I must admit I am fond of working with good people. The main spark that made me really interested in applying for this position, however, was the realization the Global News Team members actively edit Graal.net; I think that by having the authority to make major changes I could have a good time and aid the site even more than I currently am.

Optional Questions:

Previous staff positions on Graal:
Throughout my time on Graal, I have worked on many UC servers. I worked for these servers to practice developing levels and scripts while helping the server’s owner and staff team to do the same. (Developing is one of the main things that attracted me to Graal) On several servers I've worked for, I've been complimented by the staff teams who believed that I was very hard working, friendly, helpful, and dedicated.

I also worked on Kingdoms iPhone for a few months as a storywriter before leaving due to inactivity of the team.

References from previous or current staff positions:
There really isn't anybody who I could safely say they support me in receiving this job without stretching the truth. (If anyone I know reads this and thinks I would be adequate for the job, posting that would be much appreciated. :P)

Other information you want to add:
If needed, and I expect it would be, I would be available to help with updates on the Facebook or Twitter pages.

Well, that's all I have to say. Any questions, feel free to ask.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Hmmm, MattKan should be hired... I'm giving you the honest truth here. MattKan sometimes may be a jerk to me, but he always gets back to being your freind. Once I quit a server because MattKan was hired there, but now I feel MattKan can set some pretty big goals for himself and accomplish them. Besides being a great advisor, MattKan is also a pretty decent LAT and NAT. I feel that MattKan is up for the task, and he would be very happy to be chosen (not that, that matters). But, seriously, we all met MattKan at least once, and he has been pretty nice. Lets get MattKan in the global news team

Good Luck Matt,
You deserve it.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Hey man good luck! I will support you.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:33 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post

I also worked on Kingdoms iPhone for a few months as a storywriter before leaving due to inactivity of the team.
I would just like to clarify that the inactivity was strictly restricted to the storyline team, not the entire development team.
Additionally- remember, a team is only as inactive as all of its team members.

Good luck with your application.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-05-2011, 02:34 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I would just like to clarify that the inactivity was strictly restricted to the storyline team, not the entire development team.
Additionally- remember, a team is only as inactive as all of its team members.

Good luck with your application.
Yes, iGK was definitely shaping along nicely and I would hate for people to look at my posts and think that it isn't great or that they shouldn't consider applying for it. (It really is better than the other iPhone servers and I'll definitely play actively once it releases )

Thanks Astram and PowerPro and Tig
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Good luck Matt!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:14 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Good luck!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
I've seen a sample of his writing before. It was good. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
i'd nominate me or crono for news member of the graal forums. Keeping the community updated on current events, spam, and brorbos.

boom.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
You have my support due to the good grammar, I also believe you do have a good heart for this kind of position.

Last edited by MrOmega; 03-09-2011 at 03:19 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 AM
the KattMan
Thanks guys
Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I remember you! Good Luck and don't forget the spice in your articles!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 AM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
I remember you! Good Luck and don't forget the spice in your articles!
Every cloud has a silver lining?
Quote:
Old 03-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
I see MattKan as a great fit for the Global News Team.

Weee!~