Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Am I wrong? Is it unfair that two people were hired within 36 hours of the application being posted for a position that there may be more suitable people for? Seem to be ignoring that part.
I'll admit it was pretty fast. I fully expected to waiting a few days for a response but I still the think the process is being handled fairly. Applications are still being accepted and considered so everyone is getting their opportunity.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
I'll admit it was pretty fast. I fully expected to waiting a few days for a response but I still the think the process is being handled fairly. Applications are still being accepted and considered so everyone is getting their opportunity.
How is everyone being considered when there are two hired already? If he expects one to fail then he shouldn't have hired them. If he expects there to be better, he should have hired them. It sounds really stupid to me, but I'm done with this as I don't care that much, just strikes me as unfair.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
How is everyone being considered when there are two hired already? If he expects one to fail then he shouldn't have hired them. If he expects there to be better, he should have hired them. It sounds really stupid to me, but I'm done with this as I don't care that much, just strikes me as unfair.
I don't recall is being stated anywhere that there was only 2 vacancies. Whats to say he isn't looking for a 3rd/4th member.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Am I wrong? Is it unfair that two people were hired within 36 hours of the application being posted for a position that there may be more suitable people for? Seem to be ignoring that part.
The News team has recently had a large decline in members which has contributed to some inactivity within the team. If this turns out to be the wrong decision I take full responsibility for it but with Christmas coming up I wanted to try and make this process as quick as possible to try and hopefully get the new members to contribute news for the Christmas season.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:08 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Not saying I would have been hired, but I saw the thread yesterday and had planned on applying tonight. I'm not saying I would have been any better of a candidate than either of the guys hired (I don't know either of them tbh), but Rufus wasn't spouting out conspiracy theories.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Congrats Regret! You are the best choice for the job, and I bet Gothika will do well to (even though I don't know him).
Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Congrats Regret! You are the best choice for the job, and I bet Gothika will do well to (even though I don't know him).
This is an example of sucking up to your boss so you don't get fired! XD
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
This is an example of sucking up to your boss so you don't get fired! XD
Or congratulating a friend...
Old 12-08-2010, 03:40 AM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
its over already? 0-0
Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 AM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
GG Naith
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Global News Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
Not saying I would have been hired, but I saw the thread yesterday and had planned on applying tonight.
Whats stopping you from still applying? The process is on going and whats to say the news team isn't looking for at least another member. As I can remember the team usually ran with 5-6 members, and currently has 4, including myself and regretz who are only trial members anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSpawnn View Post
its over already? 0-0
No, the application process is still open.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Whats stopping you from still applying? The process is on going and whats to say the news team isn't looking for at least another member. As I can remember the team usually ran with 5-6 members, and currently has 4, including myself and regretz who are only trial members anyway.

No, the application process is still open.
Speaking of which, looking forward to working with you.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
This time, Rufus sounds absolutely right. Even if this was handled "correctly", I still think it was too fast. People also can not apply within the 24 hours given.
Let's not repeat ourselves, it was kinda unfair.

Applications still open? Alright, now tell me why would someone else applying be hired? Naith and Regretz have been hired already (even as trials only), which means they will probably do good and thus keep their job. This, for me, means that applications are closed.

Congrats to both anyway.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
This time, Rufus sounds absolutely right. Even if this was handled "correctly", I still think it was too fast. People also can not apply within the 24 hours given.
Let's not repeat ourselves, it was kinda unfair.

Applications still open? Alright, now tell me why would someone else applying be hired? Naith and Regretz have been hired already (even as trials only), which means they will probably do good and thus keep their job. This, for me, means that applications are closed.

Congrats to both anyway.
Thank you.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Global News Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Naith and Regretz have been hired already (even as trials only), which means they will probably do good and thus keep their job. This, for me, means that applications are closed.
But nowhere did it ever state that only 2 people were being hired in the team. The news team recently lost Nat, Chris and SN so hiring only 2 trial members still leaves a gap in the team for perhaps one or two more additions. In any case if someone really badly wanted the job, they wouldn't just give up as soon as someone gets hired thinking their chance is gone. I really do urge everyone who has been put off from applying because of what happened to seriously reconsider and put in an application.

Forgive me but I am having a hard time not taking this debate personally. But I am, I am getting the feeling that people don't think that myself or RegretZ have what it takes to do this job.

Closed Thread

Tags
global, global news team, graal bible, graal news