Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Part of the problem is its a 2d game in a realm of 3d games, I know a 3d game that was supposed to come out this month but got pushed back because they have had an estimated 200,000 people that are planning on playing it, bet heh I don't care I'm on the beta release they are having this month

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Part of the problem is its a 2d game in a realm of 3d games,
this is one thing everyone can agree on, another problem any 2d game faces is one can go and download some korean game and play for free (with better gfx) then fork over hard earned (or easy depending on the job) cash to stef and unix for graal.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
this is one thing everyone can agree on, another problem any 2d game faces is one can go and download some korean game and play for free (with better gfx) then fork over hard earned (or easy depending on the job) cash to stef and unix for graal.
I don't really agree with the topic of your point, but the gist seems to imply there's little incentive - which I do agree with. This is why they need to shift attention from "broadening" (thinning) their markets to quality game content, and (imo) better community support.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
In my opinion it is a service first and a game second - however, the service side is maturely developed[...]
It is?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
That's exactly what I was referring to, too. We are the marketing agency. We are the advertising agency. GraalOnline doesn't make this game, we do. The sooner you people stop denying responsibility, the sooner this game will get better.
We aren't the marketing agency. We aren't the advertising agency. We aren't any of that.

We are the customers. We are Cyberjourner Clientele. We should NOT have to develop, advertise, and market Graal ourselves to make it succeed. Cyberjourners should be doing that. It's their JOB. We are not getting paid to develop. We are not getting paid to advertise, and we are not getting paid to market Graal. They are. This is a Business. We are part of that business as customers, not employee's.

I mean, I may be sounding harsh, but it's the truth. I'm not here to play Tiddly-wings.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltino View Post
We should NOT have to develop, advertise, and market Graal ourselves to make it succeed.
They might feel they have succeeded with their game just by making it available for people to play around with an engine.

Quote:
Cyberjourners should be doing that. It's their JOB.
No, it's not. Their job is to provide the service and tools, and to ensure it stays functional.

Quote:
We are not getting paid to develop.
No, because we PAY to develop. It's a hobby, plain and simple, and no one is forcing you to do it. Cyberjoeurs charge for their server and bandwith, like any other hosting company.

Quote:
We are not getting paid to advertise, and we are not getting paid to market Graal.
No, but if you want your server - your hobby - to become successful, you would advertise to see that happen.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Cyberjourners.
CyberJOUEURS plz ? that's french (cyber is english, but joueurs= plural of joueur = a player so cyberjoueurs = cyberplayers)

Btw, I bet they could make a nice advertising campaign if they had a better website, as said before.

I'm ready to start designing it if they want me to
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Okay what the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
They might feel they have succeeded with their game just by making it available for people to play around with an engine.
You're using conflicting terms here. Graal isn't an engine and therefore a game. It is being sold as a game on the website and as far as anyone is concerned, member or not, it is trying to be a game. The engine might be used on Graal, but that is something they use a different title for when referring to it, and a different website for when they're selling it.

Quote:
No, it's not. Their job is to provide the service and tools, and to ensure it stays functional.
Incorrect. As it is a game and not an open source project, it is their job to provide in every aspect of their product.

Quote:
No, but if you want your server - your hobby - to become successful, you would advertise to see that happen.
There is a difference between developing as a hobby and developing towards a successful server, and there's different reasoning behind both. You make no money from your servers, and every server as a collective is making up this so-called game. Server staff should certainly not be expected to provide advertising as well as game content, that is just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
CyberJOUEURS plz ? that's french (cyber is english, but joueurs= plural of joueur = a player so cyberjoueurs = cyberplayers)
Stop being pedantic. The spelling of what he was talking about had little significance to what he was actually trying to say, and you completely ignored it and tried to look smart. Good job, you just looked like an ass.

Quote:
Btw, I bet they could make a nice advertising campaign if they had a better website, as said before.
It is becoming increasingly aparent that you guys are not aware of what an advertising campaign is. Sure the website is important as a marketing tool as well as everything else, but what do you think you're advertising?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Stop being pedantic. The spelling of what he was talking about had little significance to what he was actually trying to say, and you completely ignored it and tried to look smart. Good job, you just looked like an ass.
Just trying to tell people about their mistakes a company name has to be written properly. And no it had no significance since cyberjourners doesn't mean anything in any language, but I'm not trying to insult anyone that way.

What would you do if a company was actually called cyberjourners ? Stuffs need to be said properly.

Quote:
It is becoming increasingly aparent that you guys are not aware of what an advertising campaign is. Sure the website is important as a marketing tool as well as everything else, but what do you think you're advertising?
Uh, lemme ask you it back.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Just trying to tell people about their mistakes a company name has to be written properly. And no it had no significance since cyberjourners doesn't mean anything in any language, but I'm not trying to insult anyone that way.

What would you do if a company was actually called cyberjourners ? Stuffs need to be said properly.
LOL why are you even trying?

Quote:
Uh, lemme ask you it back.
What? You want me to tell you what I think I'm advertising? Nothing, because I didn't suggest the start of an advertising campaign. What do you think should be advertised in this campaign?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
What? You want me to tell you what I think I'm advertising? Nothing, because I didn't suggest the start of an advertising campaign. What do you think should be advertised in this campaign?
I'm not advertising at all, but since that thread is entitled "Graal Advertising" and since we're only talking about ways to advertise graal, I suggest graal should be advertised.

I discovered graal because of advertising on a very poor website that I was just visiting, and that was ages ago. It been the only ads I've seen, back around 2001.

All I can tell (like others) is that now, Graal's website is just ugly, and not related to the game content. I liked the old one way better, just like most people.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Quote:
I'm not advertising at all, but since that thread is entitled "Graal Advertising" and since we're only talking about ways to advertise graal, I suggest graal should be advertised.

I discovered graal because of advertising on a very poor website that I was just visiting, and that was ages ago. It been the only ads I've seen, back around 2001.

All I can tell (like others) is that now, Graal's website is just ugly, and not related to the game content. I liked the old one way better, just like most people.
The website is a marketing tool, not a part of an advertising campaign. If people like yourself just said what they thought about the matter (like you just did) instead of confusing your words, then we'd get a better resolve perhaps? Who knows.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
The website is a marketing tool, not a part of an advertising campaign. If people like yourself just said what they thought about the matter (like you just did) instead of confusing your words, then we'd get a better resolve perhaps? Who knows.
Having a great website partly shows how great the game is, I mean it would at least show that people working for that game DO care about the website. Seriously it looks like the website been totally rushed, and showing classic characters is totally annoying. Most people are attracted by very designed characters nowadays.

Pink is totally non graal related.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
You're using conflicting terms here. Graal isn't an engine and therefore a game. It is being sold as a game on the website and as far as anyone is concerned, member or not, it is trying to be a game. The engine might be used on Graal, but that is something they use a different title for when referring to it, and a different website for when they're selling it.
It is an engine that have several playerworlds, aka games, created. On the website it is not sold as a game, however, their playerworlds are being sold. Playerworlds are hosted by the so-called game.

Quote:
Incorrect. As it is a game and not an open source project, it is their job to provide in every aspect of their product.
Not every development tool is open source, far from it.

Quote:
There is a difference between developing as a hobby and developing towards a successful server, and there's different reasoning behind both. You make no money from your servers, and every server as a collective is making up this so-called game. Server staff should certainly not be expected to provide advertising as well as game content, that is just ridiculous.
Doesn't change the fact that you yourself make the choice to pay and develop on of those servers, eventually contributing to making the hosting platform even bigger.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Having a great website partly shows how great the game is, I mean it would at least show that people working for that game DO care about the website. Seriously it looks like the website been totally rushed, and showing classic characters is totally annoying. Most people are attracted by very designed characters nowadays.

Pink is totally non graal related.
A good website has the potential to drive sales. Yes, I agree with you. At the same time, like with advertising campaigns, these functions only act to draw potential players into the game. If the game itself and the overall content is lacking in quality and content depth, players just aren't going to stay, no matter how good the website is. The current website sucks, and I agree with you there too, and while it does need to be more representative of the game, the game needs to represent more of what it can be and what it should be.

Quote:
It is an engine that have several playerworlds, aka games, created. On the website it is not sold as a game, however, their playerworlds are being sold. Playerworlds are hosted by the so-called game.
Graal is not a game engine. Go have a look at the website, and ask someone for a link to their engine's website. Once you've done that try to suggest otherwise, because the actual company is undermining your argument.

Quote:
Not every development tool is open source, far from it.
This doesn't even make sense in response to what I said, lol.

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that you yourself make the choice to pay and develop on of those servers, eventually contributing to making the hosting platform even bigger.
What are you talking about? You don't expand a hosting platform by developing content with it; you would expand a game by developing content on it. Perhaps you don't even know your own argument.

Last edited by Rufus; 01-21-2009 at 07:58 PM..