FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Are you seriously developing 8 hours a day though? Also, you gotta think about server upkeep and other expenses on their end, and then the fact that you have a whole staff team too.
I think he was referring as to if he was working fulltime at Eurocenter for a server. That was how I read it though.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:27 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It's funny to see people complaining that "graal is dieing" but once we get some players the same people say "They scam us" (ok they were doing that before too).
We are trying to hire people from the Graal player base and also create ways for devs to make money by creating or managing servers, this is a work in progress.
I think a lot of people are just frustrated about how you piggybacked on the work of scripters, graphic artists, levelers, etc. and haven't offered a word of thanks. They're not asking to be paid.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You manage it like an already finished developing platform that no longer needs updates
We are updating it several times each month (server-updates), moving it to faster machines, working on a new much improved client version etc.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
i think a lot of people are just frustrated about how you piggybacked on the work of scripters, graphic artists, levelers, etc. And haven't offered a word of thanks. They're not asking to be paid.
qft!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We are updating it several times each month (server-updates), moving it to faster machines, working on a new much improved client version etc.
I personally experience more lag than i recall in the past
Old 03-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Stefan can u please read my pm so I can continue my server please? :o
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Are you seriously developing 8 hours a day though? Also, you gotta think about server upkeep and other expenses on their end, and then the fact that you have a whole staff team too.
You don't really need to develop 8 hours a day. Once the server is finished my role would be mostly support and probably bug fixing.

My idea is still to make that trading card game server. It's one of the few servers that would work as a cross-platform iPhone & PC server because there is no advantage for PC players. Also if Facebook takes off 1000 players would probably be low balling, and it could be many times more than that. I'd only need to make one or two new cards a day and release them as an update at the end of each month or on special holidays to keep things moving, so there would be very little development overhead.

And if I make booster packs buyable with in-game currency and with gelats there are bound to be lots of lazy people that just buy them with gelats.
And for holiday cards, if I give them away on the day and then make them buyable with gelats for up to a week after the day then that will probably rake in some dough as well.

Could easily be a very profitable server.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You don't really need to develop 8 hours a day. Once the server is finished my role would be mostly support and probably bug fixing.

My idea is still to make that trading card game server. It's one of the few servers that would work as a cross-platform iPhone & PC server because there is no advantage for PC players. Also if Facebook takes off 1000 players would probably be low balling, and it could be many times more than that. I'd only need to make one or two new cards a day and release them as an update at the end of each month or on special holidays to keep things moving, so there would be very little development overhead.

And if I make booster packs buyable with in-game currency and with gelats there are bound to be lots of lazy people that just buy them with gelats.
And for holiday cards, if I give them away on the day and then make them buyable with gelats for up to a week after the day then that will probably rake in some dough as well.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...1&postcount=14
Old 03-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Patent pending.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
hmm i would prefer a bomy kinda server
Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

-text-

Make it possible for players to bet against others in card battles, for ingame currency for sure. call it 'staking' or something. Eventually expand that to betting individual cards, even. If theres a risk in fights it makes the game waaaaaaay more fun.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:

My point was that $100 a day is a laughable thought, and no one should ever expect to "make a living" off of developing for Graal... and $700 a week is a great cash flow and more than most middle-class people make with a steady job. If I were to ever make cash off of Graal I'd expect the equivalent of "a little extra cash a week."

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 03-24-2011 at 06:13 AM..
Old 03-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
My point was that $100 a day is a laughable though, and no one should ever expect to "make a living" off of developing for Graal... and $700 a week is a great cash flow and more than most middle-class people make with a steady job. If I were to ever make cash off of Graal I'd expect the equivalent of "a little extra cash a week."
I would do it for like $15 a day, but I kinda suck compared to you.

EDIT: but the point you're making is, even though I just said that I'm still doing it for free, I do it with no gratitude or paycheck.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Devs receive money for their help, or devs receive gelats for their help?
silly ruf, Gelats are money!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
My point was that $100 a day is a laughable thought, and no one should ever expect to "make a living" off of developing for Graal... and $700 a week is a great cash flow and more than most middle-class people make with a steady job. If I were to ever make cash off of Graal I'd expect the equivalent of "a little extra cash a week."
It's not impossible though. Look at the Apple app store and all of the people that made hundreds of thousands of dollars from single purchase apps.

The pay should definitely be a percentage to encourage servers to try and make as much money as possible. And if it's a decent percentage then there isn't any reason why somebody couldn't make a living off running a server across all platforms.

I wish $700 a week was middle class. Cost of living is redic. here compared to how strong our dollar has been for the last few years