Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Why aren't girls as good at sparring?

A legitimate question IMO. Are boys inherently good at button mashing? Do they simply try harder? Why is there never a female that can compete with a top tier male sparrer? (Lag doesn't count) I am also aware of the girl/guy ratio on Graal. However, I still see a lot of girls competing in tournaments and in Town Center on UN. I have a hard time remembering more than one girl that could compete at the level of a top male sparrer. Your thoughts?
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Spar. Now.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
First, I would like to say no offense to girls if this offends them.

From my own experiences with gaming I would have to agree with Deophite. I don't really find too much competition from the female players, however, I would say it's like that for most games. I play a lot of FPS games and I would have to say it's pretty much the same in which the male players are better.

It could just be that the males get more into the game or have faster reflexes imo. Whatever the case I usually have more of a challenge against males.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
like me you know graal is not popular at all, that why. but if u mean only UN you should take into consideration the hd(range, foot play,reflex)
Old 08-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
foot play
hehe
Old 08-24-2009, 03:13 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
there are no girls on the internet
Old 08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
it's pretty hott when a girl stomps you in a spar.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I play a lot of FPS games and I would have to say it's pretty much the same in which the male players are better.
Theres the frag dolls, an all female gamer team!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
i thought laura was a man
Old 08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Probably because guys care more, and hurts their ego to get beat.....by anyone, so they try harder.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Not a lot of women Graal, or really play fps. If you are into rts you will find some ladies who are actually really good. But online gaming is still male dominated. A sausage fest if you will.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:49 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Rule 30.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
they just arent skilled at much
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 08-24-2009, 10:01 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Girls hands are, for the most part, small. This is dictated largely by genetics. Because their hands are small, the bones and ligaments are inherently weaker than that of much larger, male hands. So, when engaging the rigorous button-mashing routines of sparring, their fingers naturally tire much quicker than male fingers. This is not to say that women aren't better than men at sparring. It's just to say, much like the differences between a cheetah and, say, a lion -- both strong predators, but lions can run further than cheetahs -- that men can out-button-mash women. If women could stand the pain (but we all know their weak minds prevent them from doing so), I would imagine that they would be just as good as, if not better than, men.

It's all very elementary.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Girls hands are, for the most part, small. This is dictated largely by genetics. Because their hands are small, the bones and ligaments are inherently weaker than that of much larger, male hands. So, when engaging the rigorous button-mashing routines of sparring, their fingers naturally tire much quicker than male fingers. This is not to say that women aren't better than men at sparring. It's just to say, much like the differences between a cheetah and, say, a lion -- both strong predators, but lions can run further than cheetahs -- that men can out-button-mash women. If women could stand the pain (but we all know their weak minds prevent them from doing so), I would imagine that they would be just as good as, if not better than, men.

It's all very elementary.

Tell that to Wilhem Kempff and every other musician be they male or female that still played concerts and/or recitals well past the age of 70 (man died at 95).