Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
Ideally, the Graal##### accounts should just be for trials. Once an account is upgraded, then they should be able to pick an account name.
They can already pick a community name.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
i think their community name should show when you hover over there name, on the playerlist, instead of account name.... that would solve a lot of problems.

still keep the origional account in the profile.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
They can already pick a community name.
Why even have account names and community names? There doesn't seem to be any advantages to this.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Why even have account names and community names? There doesn't seem to be any advantages to this.
you don't get a communtiy name unless your gold... so this is another restruiction.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:00 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
i think their community name should show when you hover over there name, on the playerlist, instead of account name.... that would solve a lot of problems.

still keep the origional account in the profile.
It's already displaying the community name on mouse over on the playerlist and in the profiles since the new update. I think thats fine.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:34 PM
sdsdfdsfa
ChrizP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ChrizP2P
Well my right clicked account name has changed from graal674779 to chrizp2p. and it doesnt seem anyone else's have changed.. so er.. thanks stefan? lol
Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
It's simple. Scripts, and the gserver, can internally identify players with the account (Graal000000) name, which means that a new player can create an account and start playing straight away. They can then later pick a community name to display to other players, but since the actual account name hasn't changed, then the scripting on each server still recognises it as the same player (for example, DB_Bank.("account_" @ player.account) or similar).

It's designed to let players start playing straight away, without breaking things later when they have eventually decided upon an identity. I'm fairly sure that's an advantage.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Duergar
Quote:
It's simple. Scripts, and the gserver, can internally identify players with the account (Graal000000) name, which means that a new player can create an account and start playing straight away. They can then later pick a community name to display to other players, but since the actual account name hasn't changed, then the scripting on each server still recognises it as the same player (for example, DB_Bank.("account_" @ player.account) or similar).

It's designed to let players start playing straight away, without breaking things later when they have eventually decided upon an identity. I'm fairly sure that's an advantage.
yes i see... but does there community name show up in there profile? I think there origional account name should show up in the profile. If not then that would make scamming easier... just keep changing your community name to confuse people.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:

If Graal###### were used only for trials, no saving should be going on, so scripts shouldn't get messed up.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:49 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
yes i see... but does there community name show up in there profile? I think there origional account name should show up in the profile. If not then that would make scamming easier... just keep changing your community name to confuse people.
Did you even read what I said? Shouldnt be too hard..
Old 10-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Social Engineer
Personal Jesus is on a distinguished road
problem with this system : nondev jobs without RC such as GP/ET cannot summon accounts with a community name because you cannot see their true account.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:05 AM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
If Graal###### were used only for trials, no saving should be going on, so scripts shouldn't get messed up.
Except that the new trial system (guests) allows for saving.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal Jesus View Post
problem with this system : nondev jobs without RC such as GP/ET cannot summon accounts with a community name because you cannot see their true account.
Scripts can also use findplayerbycommunityname(). If you know of servers that have scripts which don't work well with community name then tell us so that me or the GST can eventually help fixing them.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Banned
Knight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Knight
Either way, it was a lot more simple before. I've had friends sign up for the first time, it took them over an hour just to figure all of that out. It would be best if you could choose your own password...
Old 10-07-2007, 06:45 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
It would be best if you could choose your own password...
Just poke Ibonic or Stefan for that one . I agree with the new accounts system for one thing: good names won't be stolen by non-paying peeps.
Closed Thread