Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Guild Life
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Which is why we need better support for global guilds. I planned to do this with a new gang system on Era using jerret's global guild stuff he shared in the code gallery, but a built-in isGlobalGuild()/other functions would be ideal.

Being able to manage your global guild in-game would be a huge step in the right direction imo.
Wouldn't it be simple to just check if the global guild exist and if so check to see if they player trying to form/join the party is in it?
Old 03-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Wouldn't it be simple to just check if the global guild exist and if so check to see if they player trying to form/join the party is in it?
Yes, that would be simpler. But then you wouldn't be using Global Guilds.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Oh, that was the whole point of what I was saying. Allowing only global guild members to join/form a party with the name of the global guild.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Oh, that was the whole point of what I was saying. Allowing only global guild members to join/form a party with the name of the global guild.
Ya, I got that.
But then you'd still primarily be using Era's Party system, which for the most part feels too tacky and temporary for parties to really be competitive.
You'd need to manage your Guild through the Graal website Guild CP AND through the party system in the game (which is limited to 5 members).
Also your Global Guild wouldn't get any activity rating, because you wouldn't actually be setting a Global Guild tag (this was my main point; you'd still be circumventing the actual global guild tag system).

I'd rather if they just enabled global guilds and performed a check when somebody sets a guild tag to see if fewer than 5 people are already on that guild tag. If they even want to keep the 5 person limit for non-gang groups.

Having an in-game GuildCP would just make the global guild option umpteen times more convenient.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Ya, I got that.
But then you'd still primarily be using Era's Party system, which for the most part feels too tacky and temporary for parties to really be competitive.
You'd need to manage your Guild through the Graal website Guild CP AND through the party system in the game (which is limited to 5 members).
Also your Global Guild wouldn't get any activity rating, because you wouldn't actually be setting a Global Guild tag (this was my main point; you'd still be circumventing the actual global guild tag system).

I'd rather if they just enabled global guilds and performed a check when somebody sets a guild tag to see if fewer than 5 people are already on that guild tag. If they even want to keep the 5 person limit for non-gang groups.

Having an in-game GuildCP would just make the global guild option umpteen times more convenient.
Oh, I see what you're saying.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:20 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Ya, I got that.

when armageddon was in the works, we pushed for this type of thing (since the server's entire focus was on global guilds) and we were told it was not an option. the real benefit would be from being able to pull up member lists and allow guilds to use certain features depending on where they stand in their global guild rankings. it doesn't save a lot of time having the CP in graal itself (though it would make it faster, i suppose)

fact is, i don't see why xor should be congratulated on attaining (more like forced upon, seemingly) a position that has nothing going for it. the only good thing coming from this is the time tigarius will save not having to accept guilds? i mean, big deal: why wasn't a thread made for xor when he became manager of classic iphone? (i didn't even know he had that position) at least that's a worthwhile job that deserves merit: global guild admin has never been important except in things like graalympics, and even then it was more the player's taking charge than anything else (and thym and angel back when they were game masters)
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 AM
HelpingAtStuff is on a distinguished road
You deserve a cookie!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Congrats Xor !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
fact is, i don't see why xor should be congratulated on attaining (more like forced upon, seemingly) a position that has nothing going for it. the only good thing coming from this is the time tigarius will save not having to accept guilds? i mean, big deal: why wasn't a thread made for xor when he became manager of classic iphone? (i didn't even know he had that position) at least that's a worthwhile job that deserves merit: global guild admin has never been important except in things like graalympics, and even then it was more the player's taking charge than anything else (and thym and angel back when they were game masters)
You can't prevent common courtesy, and it's not a big deal but i'm sure a small announcement such as this is useful so the community knows where they need to direct guild related issues.

Last edited by Matt; 03-06-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Congrats Xor !

You can't prevent common courtesy, and it's not a big deal but i'm sure a small announcement such as this is useful so the community knows where they need to direct guild related issues.
how about the guild subforum? i'm sure everyone already knew they could post guild-related issues there
Old 03-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Congratulacion!

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Enjoy it.

Closed Thread