Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Requesting sticky on this thread, such an awesome feature.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...0&postcount=51
yes just look at my gmap it rendered. (Note that I had to add in the NPCs but was simple and took like 5 mins maybe :P)
Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
sticky plx
Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
fu this aint no democracy >:[

also i still havent got mine to work...halp
Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Noctorious' NeoHunter
Seich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Seich Send a message via Yahoo to Seich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
eh tried to run it for once and it said java isnt recognized as an internal or external blahblah

i already have jre installed
Try adding jre to your system's 'Path' variable.

(This is for windows 7, it should be similar for all other windows based OSs)
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system settings.

Then click on the Environmental Variables button on the Advanced tab.

Look for the Path Variable in System variables.

Once you find it click on edit then, try adding something like: ";CProgram Files\Java\jre6\bin" to the end of the string in the variable value textbox. Make sure to have the semi-colon dividing it from the variable that's before this new one.

Then click ok and ok again and try it. Hopefully it should work now.

Last edited by Seich; 10-04-2010 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: I had the urge to add images...
Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Level Designer
N01ze is on a distinguished road
This is great, thanks
Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I created a GUI for this.

The source and the binary are attached. To use it, download NW2PNG.jar.zip, and launch the JAR file inside the ZIP. Most operating systems should let you double click it to open it, otherwise launch it via a command prompt with the command "java -jar NW2PNG.jar".

Changes from the original:
  • Now cross-platform compatible
  • Fixed a bug causing a crash if NPCs were at a non-integer x/y (such as 20.5)
  • Levels and GMAPs can now be scaled to a variety of scales (1:1, 1:2, 1:4, 1:16, 1:32, 1:64)
  • Now loads images from the Graal folder; you don't have to put them in images/* now
  • You can specify the tileset (selects pics1.png by default if it can find your Graal installation)
  • You can specify the source
  • You can specify the output file

If you're generating an image for a large map or the program freezes in the middle of generating an image, you probably need to increase the heap size so it can use more memory. Open a command prompt and run the program with "java -Xmx3000m -jar NW2PNG.jar", replacing 3000 with the amount of memory (in MB) you want it to be able to use.

I tested this on Ubuntu, Windows 7, and Mac. It was able to generate a 27 MB 1:1 image of Era's map (which is 14x19), although it took about 10 minutes to generate since there was a lot of memory swapping involved.

I haven't gotten born2kill's permission to do this, but since he published his source code I assume he's okay with it. My source code is released into the public domain.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG.src.zip (7.7 KB, 208 views)
File Type: zip NW2PNG.jar.zip (11.9 KB, 208 views)
Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
noiz

Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I haven't gotten born2kill's permission to do this, but since he published his source code I assume he's okay with it. My source code is released into the public domain.

i think his idea was that, this code was going to be open sourced because he was talking about putting it on github or something along those lines.
i'll tell him that you updated the code when i see him online.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Just stops at "Generating..." no matter what I do.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Just stops at "Generating..." no matter what I do.
Try launching it with "java -jar NW2PNG.jar" from the command line and see if it shows any errors when you hit "Generate" (the errors would be shown in the command prompt.)
Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
I think the major upgrade you can do to this is not keep the whole image or the whole gmap in memory. Work with both of them in chunks which occasionally get read/written to disk.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I think the major upgrade you can do to this is not keep the whole image or the whole gmap in memory. Work with both of them in chunks which occasionally get read/written to disk.
I don't know much about Java's image libraries but I'm guessing it may not be possible since it would need the whole image in memory to save it as a PNG.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Mainly GS2+Java Scripter
born2kill will become famous soon enough
Smile

Oh hey
First of all I'm glad that this project is still alive and very impressed that cbk worked on it
Well I left graal a longer time ago because of school and other stuff and
Im kinda sorry for the rather crappy source code (Thats how it looks like in my eyes nowdays)
Well in the last months/years I worked like 24/7 with Java - for school and personal stuff
and even for my own MMO 2D game ( + The Android App for it )
(Not released yet :P)

I just wanted to say that Im going to do a little rewrite on the system, including any functionality you guys want to have

@cbk if you want you can do a little gui for it too :P
Old 01-26-2011, 02:55 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Just out of curiosity, what does .nw stand for?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.