Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 02:12 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
What exactly did Storm do to make you feel that way?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Well first off he was NEVER there. He gave me NO assignments, NO rights. I wanted to rescript the default map for him, he told me it wasn't needed. So he didn't even give me the needed rights(I couldn't upload images, I had only access to one NPC to script). After a couple months of getting help from BELL, I finally just quit with nothing accomplished. I couldn't do anything and he was never around nor told me anything to do. Months later, lo and behold he allowed someone else to rescript the map.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:28 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Well first off he was NEVER there. He gave me NO assignments, NO rights. I wanted to rescript the default map for him, he told me it wasn't needed. So he didn't even give me the needed rights(I couldn't upload images, I had only access to one NPC to script). After a couple months of getting help from BELL, I finally just quit with nothing accomplished. I couldn't do anything and he was never around nor told me anything to do. Months later, lo and behold he allowed someone else to rescript the map.
Don't you think these are issues the LAT Admin should be dealing with?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Don't you think these are issues the LAT Admin should be dealing with?
What does the LAT admin have to do with anything?
And no, MS does nothing else, least he can do is actually manage the staff.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
There wasn't a LAT or Development Admin when you were staff.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
What exactly did Storm do to make you feel that way?
In my case, it was partially the fact that Stefan just put him there out of absolutely nowhere from my perspective. It was rather insulting. Also, I do seem to recall frequent disagreements, but it was so long ago that I don't know for sure.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:13 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
It seems like all the stuff you mentioned would be the responsibility of the LAT Admin, not the Manager (we must have very different thoughts on what the Manager does on a server).
Old 02-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Quote:
It seems like all the stuff you mentioned would be the responsibility of the LAT Admin, not the Manager (we must have very different thoughts on what the Manager does on a server).
Why would the LAT manager be in charge of assignments and rights of a scripter? What should a manager do? A manager manages the server, that includes the staff and all content on it.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:25 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Why would the LAT manager be in charge of assignments and rights of a scripter? What should a manager do? A manager manages the server, that includes the staff and all content on it.
I believe a Manager controls the hirings and firings of division leads, ensures the people under him/her are doing their jobs, and various other backroom activities. I believe the LAT Admin should be incharge of projects, the Manager would have to approve them first. The Manager gives the LAT Admin enough rights to do these things (or that seems to be the case on Classic).
Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 AM
im not MT the knight
Motherat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I believe a Manager controls the hirings and firings of division leads, ensures the people under him/her are doing their jobs, and various other backroom activities. I believe the LAT Admin should be incharge of projects, the Manager would have to approve them first. The Manager gives the LAT Admin enough rights to do these things (or that seems to be the case on Classic).
NEDM
Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Manager should be very involved in the server. This includes hirings, projects, staff and just about everything. They don't need to be able to develop, but they need to actually manage and look over everything. Just like any manager of a store would do. LAT's tend to deal strictly with levels, while developers usually look over whole projects and different areas of development.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:44 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
classic really hasnt had a LAT/Scripter divide for awhile now, probably nearly as long as storm has been around. All developers, be it levels/scripts/graphics and i think there was an audio at one point, answered to one dev admin.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 02-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I think Dusty was there between dev admins but normally on Classic it would of been the dev Admin to give him rights. Thor was working there then but doing more GC related things I believe. Each staff division is under the direction of their Admin with Manager mostly just making sure everyone is doing their jobs and supporting them when needed.

And when all else failed they came to me as Dusty said. I'm a Bell of all trades.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Thor is a hard-working developer, but he has a hard time taking criticism, and his stuff shows it.
can you exactly tell me what you mean by "his stuffs" if we get back to xaphan post you can see he made nothing but uploaded pre-made npc made months ago.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
can you exactly tell me what you mean by "his stuffs" if we get back to xaphan post you can see he made nothing but uploaded pre-made npc made months ago.
Thor is the one doing the hit detection, the baddies and such.