Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Support Ticket Email Change

I have a small question, my gold has run out long, LONG ago and I registered my account on an email which I've all but forgotten.

I went to the support center to put in a ticket and saw this:

So.....if I DO send in a request for an email change, my lifetime classic will be revoked? (Idiotic)

Or am I just misreading it and it means my support ticket will be denied?

'It' is such an extremely none descriptive word.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:07 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty sure it just means you can only change your email with a gold account, that's still a really crappy way to explain an option. Pronouns should be used sparingly.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
If you get your email changed with a Classic account I think they take away Classic. Pretty silly but it was part of their jihad vs Classic accounts.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
It's pretty clear what it says.
If you change the email without upgrading, you will lose your lifetime classic

I guess at the end, it should say "otherwise your lifetime classic will be removed"
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 AM
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
While I have to agree this is a ridiculous and probably not even legal policy, there is NOTHING unclear about the description on the ticket to me. If you have a problem with it, playing dumb just to see if there's some way to get around it isn't exactly the most fitting course of action.
1) Its rather unclear since your using an undescriptive pronoun when there are two subjects.

2) Don't assume I'm that kind of person >_>
Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
It's pretty clear what it says.

Pronoun "it" can relate to a variety of things in that sentence. It is in no way clear, even if it "makes sense to be blah blah", it's still very vague grammar and can be interpreted either way and still be grammatically correct.

Which means, if someone reads it the way that says "email will be deleted", and their classic account gets removed with 'no warning', then they can turn around and make legal motions.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:43 AM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
I changed the description slightly to make it clearer.

--

You do need an active gold subscription for e-mail changes normally.

But if you don't have a gold subscription, then we'll do it anyway under the condition that the lifetime classic is removed. I always warn people to make sure they understand before it's removed though.

So I'd suggest if you have access to the account and need an e-mail change, you consider upgrading for at least a month so that you don't lose the lifetime classic.

--

I think the main reason is that it takes a lot of time/effort to provide endless support for people who have only paid once and in most cases have no intention to again.

Usually they don't even have the order ID / receipt, so we have to research the account history and compare it to what little info they give.

On top of that, a lot of people share these accounts or give them away when they quit. Helping them to "recycle" accounts doesn't exactly seem worthwhile. I suppose I should say that in a nicer way, but it happens often and I'm sure at least 20-25% of lifetime classic accounts are or have been shared at some point. It just gets worse over time because people don't like the new accounts or think it's fair to have to upgrade continually when players who have been around longer don't have to (at least for "basic"/playerworlds access) ...

With that said, I don't exactly like or agree with the policy either. I just have to enforce it.

Last edited by Ibonic; 08-24-2008 at 03:16 AM..
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I don't see the sensibilities in this, I just don't.

Why aren't there ways for players to change their contact info themselves?

I haven't played any other games where you have to contact some help support to change an email address
Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 AM
No.
Thank you Ibonic for the info :O

I'm not used to such direct information though o.o you shocked me.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:26 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I don't see the sensibilities in this, I just don't.

Why aren't there ways for players to change their contact info themselves?

I haven't played any other games where you have to contact some help support to change an email address
There should be a way to change it if you have an active subscription. However, I do agree that lifetime classic should be removed if there is no subscription. There is no reason they should be losing money because people decide to give others their account after they quit. This is at least one way to help prevent this.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ex post facto. It was called lifetime classic when it was being offered, and it MEANT lifetime. They cannot decide after selling it that it will no longer be lifetime. I dunno about France, but that is DEFINITELY illegal in the US and I highly doubt the laws are too different there.
I doubt that it is illegal. They aren't denying you your lifetime classic. However, I don't think that they every said lifetime support. If you want to get support from them, then you will have to make a sacrifice. It isn't fair for them to keep paying for you, when you haven't payed in years (not specifically you, but others).
Old 08-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
CJ would probably just settle some sort of agreement instead of taking anyone/being taken to court, as it would save them A HELL of a lot more money.

As for lifetime classic... well, sure, it's called lifetime classic, but that's worthless. A name dictates nothing, it's all about the details when you upgraded. What it described it as, and so on.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:10 AM
the fake one
Quote:
I'm sorry but I highly doubt that would fly in a courtroom. It kind of just seems like a poorly disguised excuse to remove the 'mistake' that was the lifetime classic offer as much as they can. In fact, that's exactly what it is! Just because they are giving a reason for doing it, doesn't mean that makes it suddenly and miraculously legal. That's false advertising at best, my friend.
They never said they would provide you with support (to my knowledge) for your lifetime classic. They're offering you support, at the price of your lifetime classic. That's not illegal. They aren't removing your lifetime classic, you're choosing to get it removed in exchange for support.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
I would like to know, since i have two different accounts that use the same e-mail address (one was created much earlier during graals F2P days), would i be able to change the e-mail of one of those accounts and finally be able to log into the older account with the current e-mail both accounts are using now? or would that strip the lifetime access from both accounts?

So i don't confuse anyone here's what my problem is, (not the real e-mails, just an example)

Account #1/ the very old account uses [email protected] with lifetime
Account#2/ the new account uses [email protected] with lifetime

Can i change e-mails for account#2 and still have,

Account#2/ the new account uses [email protected] trial only
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
I would like to know, since i have two different accounts that use the same e-mail address (one was created much earlier during graals F2P days), would i be able to change the e-mail of one of those accounts and finally be able to log into the older account with the current e-mail both accounts are using now? or would that strip the lifetime access from both accounts?

So i don't confuse anyone here's what my problem is, (not the real e-mails, just an example)

Account#2/ the new account uses [email protected] with lifetime

Can i change e-mails for account#2 and still have,

Account#2/ the new account uses [email protected] trial only
It would only affect the account being changed, so one would still have lifetime classic.

In some cases if this is the only reason you need the e-mail change (because you have multiple accounts on the same e-mail), I'll do it without either account losing lifetime classic. This is because I feel it's more of our problem/fault that you can't use the accounts properly due to our scripts not supporting something that used to work.