Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 12:20 AM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
@Elk - So are you gone for good now or something? Since it seems you're giving up with Zodiac. Which is fine if you want to do so, if that is the case, MysticDragon would you mind taking Elk's place temporarily until a replacement can be found or if you can find someone for Elk's position? Zodiac doesn't need a reset, but at the same time it doesn't need staff that also don't want to see the server itself grow. Were at a point where PC Graal has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Zodiac is hanging by both hands out of it's 6 foot grave right now, trying to pull itself out. So I suggest either relinquish your position and let someone else take it who would like to help push Zodiac in the right position or continue to push Zodiac in the right direction yourself.

Last edited by Darlene159; 08-05-2015 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Dont say things like this again
Old 08-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
@Elk - So are you gone for good now or something? Since it seems you're giving up with Zodiac. Which is fine if you want to do so, if that is the case, MysticDragon would you mind taking Elk's place temporarily until a replacement can be found or if you can find someone for Elk's position? Zodiac doesn't need a reset, but at the same time it doesn't need staff that also don't want to see the server itself grow. Were at a point where PC Graal has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Zodiac is hanging by both hands out of it's 6 foot grave right now, trying to pull itself out. So I suggest either relinquish your position and let someone else take it who would like to help push Zodiac in the right position or continue to push Zodiac in the right direction yourself.
Nobody can be found for my position, and I didn't give up on Zodiac, someone else is to blame

And stop suggesting people to "relinquish" their position

Old 08-06-2015, 05:48 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Not sure if this post will be of any value or even contributes at all, just felt like typing something out as I hate seeing PC Graal as a whole in the slump that it is in.

I'm a long-time Era player but on the occasions that I was banned on Era over the years I did manage to play Zodiac. I actually got really into it, built a few friendships with players that I can't remember at all but the community was definitely a lot better back in those days (2010-2013?) I'd say the only real problem was the competing aspect and the over-complicated system of "Essence + Class = Win" I remember getting to level 40-60 (whatever the cap was at the time) as a Human something but I couldn't compete at all against the 100s of different armors people used and other hugely complicated processes.

I was quite dumbed down and young back then though. I can tell from Era PC that our only source of new players is 8-14 year olds who have played iEra and stumbled upon our server through in-game chat amongst oldbies from the PC that converted to the iPhone.

If you get anything away from this post, It would probably be: Try to dumb the game-play down a bit, I'd definitely consider playing Zodiac again if it wasn't so hard to pick up and play.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
I'd just like to give my opinion on everything right now.

Firstly I agree with Xenoith's point to an extent about the stuff people can get away with saying. I mean I logged on 2 days ago (after all the GP changes) and had a player stalk me and harrass me for like 20minutes and reported it to 2 GPs. Nothing was done I even send a picture of logs. Some things need to be done maybe a public hiring of GPs instead of cherry picking them would be a good choice.

In regards to Jerret and Raven. I know for a fact Raven does lots of stuff for the server but unlike other servers when updates are made there are no name tags to who made the update. Also Raven does help out a lot and even though people think he doesn't care he actually does. In regards to his GP admin position... that's a different story.

Anyway Jerret is like a legendary scripter he's the best scripter on Zodiac and one of the best on Graal overall. I know that Jerret is busy in real life and he works on iClassic aswell so we have to give him some benefit of the doubt.... however I would like to see him fit more into the managerial roles and watch out on all the staffs and actually manage the positions. On a few other servers I played I see this done perfectly e.g. on UN I see Rob (current manager of UN) I always see him constantly checking ET activity/amount of events they host and other staff activity and he makes a note of them and sees if they change it around. I would like to see Jerret do something similar to this. Maybe set a limit to the amount of events ETs host instead of a limit to the amount of EP they host off because some ETs are ridiculous and host events for 4EP which like a year or so ago would only go for 2EP.

I would also like to see Zodiac hire more devs. I would probably want them to use the news on the login server to achieve this. We are lacking in devs right now compared to other servers. This needs to be resolved and we should get it done in the hiring tabs and the login server news tab aswell.

I would want to see the rules of Zodiac redone because I can probably check them now and find quite a few of them that get broken on a daily basis.

In my personal opinion I think Zodiac dropped the ball with Puppin and with Ryu. Ryu was a hard working dev probably the most hard working dev on the entire server. For those that don't play Zodiac... Ryu spent so long on making this class Freelance. Freelance was very overpowered but Ryu stayed on for a very long period of time working day and night to balance it. Whenever anyone pmd him if someone was op or underpowered he'd come right away and check it out and balance it out. Quite frankly everyone treated him like dirt about it.

With regards to Puppin. Zodiac messed up big time. Puppin had an entire dungeon made and he done it with very little support and he had it all done but none of the scripters were willing to help him. This happened to Puppin a few times and then people who weren't even LATs started messing with his levels and screwing up his work and Fowlplay4 was made aware of this but apparently him and other scripters claimed the projects were too big. Eeehh stuff like this is kinda ridiculous.

Zodiacs community is starting to become older and so they say stuff which quite frankly isn't suitable. I mean I will be honest reflecting back on it I should have been banned quite a bit with some of the stuff me and others got away with saying I think we need to be more tighter with this.

Regarding class balancing I'd rather have a seperate team working on that. We need to be more organized as a server and I see Jerret being the main person to organize this. I want to see Jerret have the levels team work on levels, scripters work on scripts and gani work on ganis. Giving them all different projects and being specific with it instead of having staff balance multiple projects at once. I think someone who is good at class mechanics should be working around class balancing and please have people who are unbias and actually play the game have an opinion on stuff like this. It can be annoying sometimes when people who don't even play the game like the players make changes that make no sense.

I'm really passionate about Zodiac and I've played it for quite a few years now but my loyalty for the server is slowly dying away until something gets done. I mean Zodiac isn't doing as good as it should be. The only reason it has the playercount it does is because of the loyal players who have been playing it for a while and will continue to do so. But Era beats Zodiac quite a bit in playercount and towards the evening even UN beats Zodiacs playercount. Zodiac is losing is touch the only thing that's keeping it alive are the people who will always play it no matter what.

Sorry if I ended up repeating a few things I'm really tired.

-Kuzative

Last edited by Kuzative; 08-06-2015 at 10:46 AM..
Old 08-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Wow. I just the 1st page and you guys are whiny little children. Its a game, don't get so angry.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:11 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
last staff member we had who was close to the Zodiac community and actually PK'd with us, was Smirt. Since his departure we've since lost that connection.
I miss y'all too

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
I miss y'all too

Smirt I miss you and your wonderful beard Come baaackkkkkk
Old 08-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
I miss y'all too
You still in Africa?
Old 08-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
You still in Africa?
Right now I'm in Wyoming working for the National Park Service

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-12-2015, 11:25 AM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I miss y'all too
Do you ever plan on coming back as a normal player? I haven't logged on in awhile, just been play Final Fantasy XIV. I haven't looked at Graal in about 3 weeks now. I've broken my addiction it seems, it's like smoking, every time you go back it only gets stronger. :P