Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 06:30 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Cheat program detection

Instead of showing the RC alert every single time (and most of the times, multiple RC entries for the one detection ) a 'cheat program' is detected, could it be changed to warn RC on the second attempt within a short period of time (say a day or two)?

I've not realized I've had graal opened several times while trying to use these tools and as such have a few 'alerts' against me. Most staff understand this but you get a few trigger happy fools who are more than ready to ban you.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Most staff understand this but you get a few trigger happy fools who are more than ready to ban you.
Exactly. You wont get this feature changed, I already tried.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
who are more than ready to ban you.
I think they should?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think they should?
I agree completely if a person tries multiple times to use a program against the graal client in one setting. But in accidental cases, it kinda sucks. I play graal in the wee hours alot so not much activity. I often leave graal idling whilst playing another game. As such, I sometimes forget about the whole detection when attempting to manipulate other games. I recently got banned since I've been detected 3 times over a spaced out period of two years.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
But the thing is, Twinny, that it only takes one attempt for players who know what they're doing. And if they do fail once, go do it again on another account/IP/CompID or all of the above.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
But it also takes only one harmless action by someone who didnt even know about the detection to get banned. The RC will be alerted when you switch into an empty folder called "Cheat Engine" for example.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
There is still the option to contact a staff member to clarify the "mistake".
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Sure, do that and try to prove you didnt do anything -_- Good luck.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Certain members of staff are fairly...thick-headed... plus arrogant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
But the thing is, Twinny, that it only takes one attempt for players who know what they're doing. And if they do fail once, go do it again on another account/IP/CompID or all of the above.
If the computer ID method was improved, it would be a ****load harder to forge. As for IP, I know several IRC servers have an open proxy scanner...would be cool if Graal did the same to try and prevent proxy-based hackers.

Last edited by Twinny; 10-19-2007 at 02:48 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Sure, do that and try to prove you didnt do anything -_- Good luck.
I have given amnesty to players several times.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
I have given amnesty to players several times.
You are a pretty nice person Sam, but there are alot of staff members who just dont understand what exactly is going on. I see that as a problem :/
Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
You are a pretty nice person Sam, but there are alot of staff members who just dont understand what exactly is going on. I see that as a problem :/
The bigger problem is, almost every last one of them uses the excuse its a false detection or I was using the cheat tools on another game. Who do you believe and who do you not? Then after they've been given chances and staff get fed up and ban them permanently they come back, admit they had cheated in the past but swear on their mothers lives they will never do it again.

I don't see it as thickheaded staff, I see it as staff getting tired of listening to people cry about getting caught. First time grouping or use is supposed to be a 30 day cheating ban as a warning its been detected anyway. If you have an empty cheat tools folder that it catches then maybe changing the folder name might be in order.

As far as forgetting you left graal open all I have to say is this. Don't idle for hours Twinny and it won't happen
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
The bigger problem is, almost every last one of them uses the excuse its a false detection or I was using the cheat tools on another game. Who do you believe and who do you not? Then after they've been given chances and staff get fed up and ban them permanently they come back, admit they had cheated in the past but swear on their mothers lives they will never do it again.
If it only alerts staff on the second+ try, the people who are actually trying to cheat will be caught out. Most non-malicious players won't get past the first client warning.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
You're only saying this because you got caught, rofl
Old 10-19-2007, 07:17 PM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
You're only saying this because you got caught, rofl
I've defended quite a few people regarding this and for some time.