Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 PM
samich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to samich
What is the current state of Graal PC?

This is probably a question on everyone's minds, who currently plays the pc client still. I know I've been wondering it for a while now. Honestly, I feel like with all the silence from graalonline staff recently, and rumors that are popping up, I feel like we may be losing the PC support.

All I really would like to know is if anyone knows where PC graal is heading, and if there is some kind of future timeline of what we should expect? Does anyone know anything that is fact about the future of graal at the moment?

Just as well, for those who own servers, and have gelats and all that, what happens then?

Will we ever see those new development tools we were promised for may/June release? Should graal PC become deprecated, what will be left for those of us who were still loyal to the game all these years, and still are? Will there be any tools released to host our own NPC-servers locally? will there ever be GS2/GS3 compatible offline editor tools? Any open sourced code for those of us who wish to keep the game alive beyond it's ownership? (doubt that will ever happen due to it being intellectual property of Stefan/Unixmad I'm sure).

These are all the questions I have about graal at the moment. If any of them could be answered at anytime, that'd be great. Though I don't expect any of them to be answered; at least any time soon.

Thanks for the game though, I know I've enjoyed it over the years. I'm just going to be sad to see it go, if it does.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
the person you would usually hope to answer these questions for reasons yet unexplained has:
  • not logged on these forums for over a month
  • deleted their graal facebook account
  • had their graal wiki user page deleted

and that ladies and gentleman is a fact not a rumour!
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Yes seems like the main person that created graal and all the engines just disappear from everything. I think the community deserves a post from Unximad explaining the situation or confirming that stefan is no longer with us.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:40 AM
That's another reason I felt compelled to start this thread. I wondered if any staff of GraalOnline (Unixmad, Stefan, whoever) would even acknowledge this, and clear the fog a bit. I don't care how little information I get, I just want to know someone is still listening.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:11 AM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
I believe that PC Graal still has a very bright future, with the Facebook aspect bringing more life back to this old gem and not to mention the iOS devices. Once all the cross-platform tweaks are in place expanding communities vastly Graal will prosper once again, perhaps even more-so than before as the new generation of gamers are hungry for games just like this.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I think cross platform is the future of the PC client and I feel bad for any server that isn't actively looking into getting FB capable.

On that note, Valikorlia is looking for someone that knows how that works
Old 07-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Darlene, seeing as how you've been actively monitoring this thread, is there any insight you could provide us, to help shed some light on the situation? Having some small response, even by a moderator of these forums, would be nice. Even if you don't know anything about what's going on, I'm getting tired of feeling like white noise to the administrators.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:32 PM
Pizza Wizard
If Darlene's position works like any other global position, she's volunteering and probably gets very little in the way of information. It isn't fair to put her through the ringer when she's just trying to do her care-keeping job.

If and when the graal management decides we should hear something, we will hear it first here in these forums. I don't see any point in continually asking
Old 07-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
If and when the graal management decides we should hear something, we will hear it first here in these forums. I don't see any point in continually asking
hello!

this is not true, there have been several chat logs of unixmad circulating from people who are able to communicate with him, which include both an explanation of stefans status and what the intentions are going forward

these forums really are going to be the last place to hear something, if anything at all, and i find it quite appalling
Old 07-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Pizza Wizard
I don't consider the personal communications of unixmad or anyone else to be the same as an official statement by management. Whether or not they prioritize this outlet for information over others, e.g. Facebook, doesn't really factor in to whether or not we should be courteous to the moderator here. They've asked that we keep this stuff under our hat, so you may want to adjust the fedora.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
I don't consider the personal communications of unixmad or anyone else to be the same as an official statement by management. Whether or not they prioritize this outlet for information over others, e.g. Facebook, doesn't really factor in to whether or not we should be courteous to the moderator here. They've asked that we keep this stuff under our hat, so you may want to adjust the fedora.
please show me where it has been asked that this stuff be kept under our hats. all i have seen so far is posts randomly be deleted, including one where i graciously asked for the reasoning behind it

when the official announcement comes i will bookmark it alongside the one about the game being free!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:43 PM
I am right with you Jakov; I have a few friends that have been able to contact Unix, and he responds back fairly quickly.

With that in mind, I find it a little odd that he wouldn't want to clear up these rumors. The speculation is only getting more out of hand, especially with talk of a lead developer's current standing, and the servers currently being unavailable to even play the game.

@Phantos: I'm not trying to interrogate or offend in any way, I'm just wondering if anyone admin-wise even wants to touch base with the situation and the players. All we have been getting are these side conversations tidbits (as Jakov mentioned) from indirect sources. It's just getting old. If Unix can gladly talk to other people privately about these issues (who are also players and developers just like us!), then why can't he just post something as a public notice for all of us who are curious in order to relieve all the questions he's probably getting spammed with?

I'd even be okay with just getting a response from ANYONE higher up, saying a statement will be prepared soon. Then I can rest easy and wait for however many days/weeks/months.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry, but an official response shouldn't take this long!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Well?
Old 07-31-2014, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by samich View Post
Darlene, seeing as how you've been actively monitoring this thread, is there any insight you could provide us, to help shed some light on the situation? Having some small response, even by a moderator of these forums, would be nice. Even if you don't know anything about what's going on, I'm getting tired of feeling like white noise to the administrators.
I have not heard anything, sorry.

Obviously Unixmad does not want all these rumors on the forums, as he has already deleted one thread. If Unixmad wishes to post anything on the forums about updates, or anything else, then he will, but getting angry, and spewing insults, and ridiculous theories or rumors, does not help anything, and certainly will not get Unixmad to respond, except to delete the thread. Maybe no one will respond, I don't know, but keep the negative comments, insults, and rumors/theories off the forums (Not speaking to all of you, those I am talking to, know who they are). I understand that you are frustrated, but calm down, and choose your words carefully, before you type them.

If I have to continue to keep deleting posts, I will have to close the thread.

This is also not the thread to discuss my post. We do not need to derail the thread discussing my post. All posts replying, or discussing mine, will be removed.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST