Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
requirements for making a minimap?

I have scoured the forums for a while now in regards to making a minimap. The o lyrics information I can find is that you can use the offline editor and press "m" to make a big map and then resize it to be a minimap. And that there are other programs you can use to make higher quality images. My questions, however, are the following. What are the sizes the image needs to be to properly be displayed? And how do you set the minimap? I did not see documentation on the graal bible in regards to the minimap, only big map and gmap.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Pretty sure it's disabled.
On Era iPhone we have a script warping around the gmap and creating an image of the levels, including NPCs. That image is being resized and saved
Old 09-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Pretty sure it's disabled.
On Era iPhone we have a script warping around the gmap and creating an image of the levels, including NPCs. That image is being resized and saved
No minimap was not dissabled unless graal kingdoms and other servers are using some black magic hackery to show it in the bottom left.

Just clueless as to what size to make the minimap and how to initialize it. I already have a image just no clue how to use it.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
No minimap was not dissabled unless graal kingdoms and other servers are using some black magic hackery to show it in the bottom left.

Just clueless as to what size to make the minimap and how to initialize it. I already have a image just no clue how to use it.
The default one? I guess they're custom scripts like this one by dusty
Old 09-24-2014, 08:07 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Those are likely custom systems. I went away from using mini maps in favor to a radar style map. A lot easier to manage since you're working with exactly one image.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned
Hmm sucks that we magically cannot use minimap offline anymore in a tool that hasn't been updated since 2.220. Guess I'll just live without it offline then since offline won't run gs2, only gs1. The default one that the game came with built in would a been bad ass but guess it's not possible. Could a sworn you needed some set map or loadmap or some 2 line script to initialize it.

Also rather disappointing that there's no documentation on how "minimaps=" worked in server options. Guess you guys claim it's removed so I shouldn't even worry about it.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
default minimap images were not disabled last time i checked, you just add this in the gmap file itself:

PHP Code:
MINIMAPIMG mapimg.png 
as for generating an image the level screenshot method didnt seem to be as convenient as the nw2png project, but nw2png required filenamecache.txt which has not been used since v6. luckily i still have a copy of the v5 client which upon opening will re-generate filenamecache.txt
Old 09-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Banned
Wow okay I knew there was a gs1 script and server option. I never found documentation for the gmap attribute. But still 1 more question is what size limits does the minimap have? Can it be infinite size or at some point will it just not show because it's too small or too large?
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
default minimap images were not disabled last time i checked, you just add this in the gmap file itself:

PHP Code:
MINIMAPIMG mapimg.png 
as for generating an image the level screenshot method didnt seem to be as convenient as the nw2png project, but nw2png required filenamecache.txt which has not been used since v6. luckily i still have a copy of the v5 client which upon opening will re-generate filenamecache.txt
I released an updated copy of nw2png that generates a filenamecache if one is not present. I've included it below.

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
However if you want to try my version out, you can still force filenamecache via deleting filenamecache.txt from your Graal folder and then running GraalEditor.exe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nw2png.zip (32.1 KB, 182 views)
Old 09-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post

PHP Code:
MINIMAPIMG mapimg.png 
You're my hero.