Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
gmap's with multiple tile sets...?

Okay so I have a gmap, and I set a default tile set for all levels. I set all levels with another prefix to use a different. But when I enter the second level, it changes tile set for both levels. Like the level I am in, and the other levels around it also show using that tile set. Is there any way to prevent this behavior?

PHP Code:
  removetiledefs("");

// Set our overworld's tileset

addtiledef("other_tiles.png"""0);

addtiledef("pics1.png""vol"0); 
When I am in any level vol I see pics1.png and while standing in the level all levels that should be using the other tiles look like pics1.png until I enter those levels.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:02 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
its an age old limitation, most recently mentioned here - http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...85#post1728685

one possible way around it depending on the amount of tile differences is to use addtiledef2() on the entire gmap
Old 10-15-2014, 05:07 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
addTileDef2() is preferred here. You'll just have to make sure that your differences in tiles are not overlapping with nearby levels, and then add the required rules to neighboring levels as well.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
What do you mean by overlaping? I'll look into it when I get home. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
youll most likely have to put the script and level definitions in a global weapon that the player has, something like -Environment or -System, whichever

easier control over things

the tileset overlaps because it saves unneccessary resources i think, this wasnt considered when it was programmed and superhighresolutions didnt exist...maybe

Old 10-16-2014, 05:55 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
What do you mean by overlaping? I'll look into it when I get home. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
addTileDef2() is for replacing small parts of the tileset, not the whole tileset at once. Let's say you have a base set. Then there's a specific subset of 100 tiles you need in a certain level, but not anywhere else. In a level next to that, there's 50 different tiles you only need in that level. First off, you'll need to make use of addTileDef2() in the surrounding 8 levels of both the first and second level as well. This includes the second level for the first level's tiles, and the first level for the second level's tiles; so you will have to make sure that those 100 tiles do not overlap the 50 tiles of the second level, and vice versa.