Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Lets do this Graalians

The time has come. We need a new classic server. And im the guy thats going to bring it to you.. Over my time i've worked on Atrius for over 6 years now. I saw that it attracted alot of players, but would never make it classic due to Era. Even though in my oponion Atrius was just as good.

Its time for me to and my colleagues to develop a new server thats going to attract players to Graal once again. I'm sure you have all heard this before but im going to do it. I've been playing graal since 2003 and havn't seen a really good server since then.

In your eyes, what server would you play, and do you think would attract newcommers? A modern server? A GK styled server? A zombie server? A military server?

We need to do something about our Graalonline community dieing, and honestly if you care, you'll work with me on achieving this goal of a new server. Graal is one of my favorite games, I dunno if I suffer from an addiction of it, or the fact that i've developed good friends off of it. Who knows, but I know its time to make a server that new kids will play, and us oldbies will be interested in playing.

Please share with me, what would generate the most source of players. With my scripting, leveling, graphic, and gani skills. I plan to achieve this goal. So please work with me, and let us come together for once, and actually agree on something.

I want to design that server, thats going to bring what once brought 200+ players in unison. And im the guy that can do this.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
No you're not >

But, if you wanna try, Classical RPG with an Iphone port, play your person on the PC and Ipod. Something like Darkages from Nexon would be lovely! <3 Thx.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Something like Babylon 8(
Old 01-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
200+ players in unison. And im the guy that can do this.
Stefan beat you to it by putting Classic iPhone into the Apple App Store. /achievement
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
... or you could help me on AEON. Look at me? I'm as passionate as you. I couldn't find the staff I needed - I started learning how to make images and how to gani, just so that I don't have to depend so much on other people.Anyways on we're very close on AEON now, Me & Deas are seriously working 3-5 hours per day to get it finished as fast as possible and I would love to have another NAT since I feel bad for pushing him so hard. We also need GFXs & Gani Makers. Don't want to ruin your thread, but I know you want to make a new server to "save Graal". I think you'd do a better job saving Graal by developing on the few server that has potential.

Besides, wasn't there a classic server who was on the Preview list not too many months ago? Don't remember the name. But I got impressed by it. Try to apply there?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Here we go again...
Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Here we go again...
but this time in unison!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
IF someone make a server that's based on Miami city with beaches and such like in GTA:VC then I will start on Graal again.

Will never happen though.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
If anyone can afford paying again and is willing to revive Azure Skies then I can maybe finish it.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
graal player lord
Vima does have an excellent point, I'm not here to brag about Aeon, but Aeon is something different in unique.. The Modern half is nothing like anywhere else, and the classic half is sorta unique in its own way. It does have potential but uhh, not sure how its going to work out.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Here we go again...
Strap on your boots. As for someone who said "I'd commit suicide" if Graal died, why wouldn't you want to see progress on Graal?

As for Aeon, I didn't know you guys were still working on progress. I'll log on and check it out. I have alot of stuff that could be of use.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
lol aeon is the opposite of "unique", nice to see vima still going strong on it though so whatever.

We dont really need a "new classic server" and this mentality of "LETS ALL GO DO OUR OWN MINI PROJECTS ^____^" is what got the server tab in the trouble it's in to begin with. In the old days people worked on the public servers, if they wanted to become staff they became staff there first and side projects second (unless they suck, then they would only work on side projects).
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
We dont really need a "new classic server"

What kind of server do we need Crono?

UN is Classic
N-Pulse is soon to be RPG
Zodiac is RPG
Era is Modern
Val is RPG

What do we need Crono, more RPG servers?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:51 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
What do we need Crono, more RPG servers?
A good server.

by the way, val isn't really an RPG
Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
(unless they suck, then they would only work on side projects).
Although the days of downloading mini quests and worlds/weapons to look at and use offline were sexy.

I don't object to someone making a playerworld, but based on the past few years you need to commit to keep trying for 1-5 years.

I think there is still a need for some NEW CONTENT that'll last. Iphone graal is irrelevant to current players as it's just rehashed content. If you can provide new content, please do.

Part of me thinks however you should look at every failed project for the last 5 years and spend a few months negotiating with those people to use their content then glue it all together in an understandable form, edit and add to it as necessary then take it from there.

There is a concern about starting with a blank piece of paper when WanDaMan for one is probably sitting on about 6-7 nearly complete overworlds. I know the levelling is usually the easiest to get going and complete, but I'd suggest not even making your own levels as most fail at the quest/scripting/graphics stage, so it's better to cut to the chase and start there to see whether it has potential, as there is no point if the whole part cannot be complete.