Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2014, 08:02 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
era HP

does era really need over 100hp?

longer boring battles and lots of healing makes era turn into halo1 style combat minus head shots.

would be nice to have faster matches everyone same HP and less halo massive waste of ammo shoot a guy 60 times still not dead action.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
i'm in favor of getting rid of kills to get hp levels. i am biased tho because my hp level is only 16 or whatever and having to pk to get more hp isn't really motivation for me to pk. i just pk because i get bored and feel like pking once in a while. i liked it better when you got hp levels for doing quests.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
everyone that JUST comes back from being banned or a new server hates the /hp system

i personally think its a good idea, because it does not take long to get advance it quickly
Old 12-14-2014, 06:40 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
more thinking about newbies joining the game who dont really stand a chance.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
its very easy to get kills nowadays and you dont have to be good.

1.1 k/dr and im at 139, i suck at this game.

you just have to devote the time.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
don't remove it, but a buff to the first +10-20 HP would be nice for the newer people
Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
One shot one kill. Do it, go..
Old 12-16-2014, 06:11 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I saw guns dealing 20 damage... that's 5 hits?
Old 12-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
$1,000,000 per +10 HP forever
Old 12-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I saw guns dealing 20 damage... that's 5 hits?
At base health. At 21 health levels you have 40% more hits, which is a pretty big difference. Add armor and/or a super elixir and thats quite a lot of extra hits, and a huge advantage that established players have over new/casual players.

Vitality potions (+10 hp for a week) do bridge the gap a little bit, but under the current system the first health level and the 21st are the most important because most guns are balanced around 20 damage. So the vitality potion is really only beneficial at health level 0 or after health level 11.

Neo Rifle does 40 damage.
I believe that the timeout in between receiving damage is still 0.3 seconds (or 0.35 seconds). So if you were really unlucky you could die in 0.9 seconds (or 1.05 seconds) to three people with Neo Rifles. Which is pretty quick.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:45 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I believe that the timeout in between receiving damage is still 0.3 seconds (or 0.35 seconds). So if you were really unlucky you could die in 0.9 seconds (or 1.05 seconds) to three people with Neo Rifles. Which is pretty quick.
This is actually pretty unpredictable and inconsistent depending on the projectiles you're getting hit by, but in your case you're right. For example, you can take a 45dmg RPG shell and immediately get hit by a photon rifle shot or even a regular bullet and take the damage simultaneously.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i'm in favour of giving me back my hp level 51+ all the extra kills i got from there
Old 12-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
HP is capped at 40 and there are different gun damage ranges to choose from.
121 might have an advantage against an mp5... but is still far away from being safe against a BAR for example.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
This is actually pretty unpredictable and inconsistent depending on the projectiles you're getting hit by, but in your case you're right. For example, you can take a 45dmg RPG shell and immediately get hit by a photon rifle shot or even a regular bullet and take the damage simultaneously.
Is this because the timeout resets if you move and the RPG shell explosion forces you to move? Or because the RPG shell is handled by a different function? In which case almost any projectile with a different gani could stack damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
HP is capped at 40 and there are different gun damage ranges to choose from.
121 might have an advantage against an mp5... but is still far away from being safe against a BAR for example.
Yeah but the BAR has more freeze and a slower firing rate and smaller clip to account for its extra damage. It's still balanced around the 20 dmg guns. A BAR isn't going to necessarily kill you in less time, just slightly fewer hits at certain HP levels.

Are there recorded statistics of which guns people are using the most on a week to week basis? Kills per gun each week would be interesting to see and you could do some pretty neato stuff with that data.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Are there recorded statistics of which guns people are using the most on a week to week basis? Kills per gun each week would be interesting to see and you could do some pretty neato stuff with that data.
Kills by gun by player are recorded, though its overall from a set date.
In theory these could be added together quite easily and that composite number could be reset weekly.