Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2014, 05:10 PM
paintballdude956 paintballdude956 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 40
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
New guns!

On Wednesday, August 6th, I released 12 new guns. The complete list and their stats can be found here http://pastebin.com/REea9pVJ

Let me start out by saying this: if you're super rich/have a Navy, you probably won't be terribly interested in most of these guns. I only consider Scorpion tier 3.

I grouped these guns into three places: regular shop, a brand-new gang points shop (in the old gang armory at unstick me), and the EC shop. Let me clarify that all of these guns are permanent: they don't disappear after a week like the old guns in the 'p' menu.

The three shops are my attempt at giving newer players a lot of ways to play the game. They can earn ECs by playing events, they can earn points by PKing, or they can buy the guns traditionally.

You may have also noticed that these guns, especially the ones in the EC/gang shop, are rather good for their comparative cost (consider that the scorpion is only 5000 points-- 250k, but is only slightly worse to a Souizen at ~500k shop). The reason behind this is two-fold.
First, because these guns are in unlimited quantity (besides S&W and Scorpion), I expect their street prices to be low eventually. Additionally, they are not pawnable. These guns are not really meant as long-term investment pieces. They're meant as PK-stepping stones instead of economic-stepping stones.
Second, I received a lot of complaint that my changes/releases thus far had "catered to the rich," and I agree. In fact, I agree that a lot of releases cater to the rich when in comes to guns. That's because it's really easy to make guns in higher tiers and at the top tier, but really difficult to make guns at middle/low tier without being redundant. I did my absolute best to give these guns a niche without making them blatantly overpowered- notice the .05 freeze guns at low/mid price range for how I tried to do it.
Without a doubt, some people will find a few of my releases to be very similar to current weapons. My predecessor found redundancy to be something to be avoided at all costs. I, on the other hand, see absolutely no reason to avoid it. Frivolous content? Perhaps. But look at gunskins; people go nuts for them. Slap on a new gani and SFX, and hopefully we'll get the same enthusiasm.

Anyway, open for suggestions, as always. The stats are pretty much set-in-stone by now, so please don't barrage me with buff-requests. In my mind, none of these guns except for the Scorpion are Tier 3, so don't expect that when you buy them.

**NOTE
Gunskins will be enabled for them probably in a week. It takes a fair amount of busy-work to do. Submit your skins in the meantime, if you want: it's nice to have things to test the system with.

Last edited by paintballdude956; 08-06-2014 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Added about gunskins
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Chorchizcool Chorchizcool is offline
Registered User
Chorchizcool's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 82
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
tech9 is sick, like a one shot shipka
galil is badass flatout
vss is super neo!

gg ishsmells
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P Fiberwyre_P2P is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 471
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Yay, more of my graphics making a comeback
__________________
Merp
Merp
Merp
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2014, 12:49 AM
GanNing GanNing is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
GanNing is on a distinguished road
Nice and cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 AM
TheLinkMan2002 TheLinkMan2002 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
You made the ec weapons way too cheap for their effectiveness. It's too late to increase their value since so many people have them, but i think they should be weakened a bit. the mini xm8 should easily be 300 ec as well as the galil (obvious tradeoff on firerate vs auto makes them almost the same essentially anyway). Tech9 is also way too cheap for how much better it is than any gun in its price range. I'd say 200k would be a fair price considering hk is 300k or so and .3 firerate now with 19 damage, and ap7s are double the price(to dual wield) and terribad in comparison
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2014, 03:15 AM
TheLinkMan2002 TheLinkMan2002 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
Gun Stats for 'ap7':
Damage: 20
Rate of Fire: .3
Freeze: .1
Reload: .2
Spread: 0.05 (5.72░)
Clipsize: 16
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Chorchizcool Chorchizcool is offline
Registered User
Chorchizcool's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 82
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLinkMan2002 View Post
You made the ec weapons way too cheap for their effectiveness. It's too late to increase their value since so many people have them, but i think they should be weakened a bit. the mini xm8 should easily be 300 ec as well as the galil (obvious tradeoff on firerate vs auto makes them almost the same essentially anyway). Tech9 is also way too cheap for how much better it is than any gun in its price range. I'd say 200k would be a fair price considering hk is 300k or so and .3 firerate now with 19 damage, and ap7s are double the price(to dual wield) and terribad in comparison

I'm not sure you understand hte point of this update


ITS FOR NOOBS
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 AM
TheLinkMan2002 TheLinkMan2002 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
yeah but it makes other much more costly weapons less attractive. That I do not agree with, they already have access to gang guns for 50 points that are really good, why more handouts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Chorchizcool Chorchizcool is offline
Registered User
Chorchizcool's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 82
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
Obviously because we need to give incentives to new players to raid?
To attract new players?
To lessen the gap between top tier guns and new players ability to compete against them?


All glorious ideas shot down by YOU because

**** THE NOOBS
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 AM
bloodykiller bloodykiller is offline
Era since 2005
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,421
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
the last thing era needs is new guns... what are guns for if nobody pks?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-08-2014, 08:28 PM
paintballdude956 paintballdude956 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 40
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLinkMan2002 View Post
You made the ec weapons way too cheap for their effectiveness.... Tech9 is also way too cheap for how much better it is than any gun in its price range.
With respect, I think you're underestimating:
Gun Stats for 'ap7':
Damage: 20
Rate of Fire: .3
Freeze: .1
Reload: .2
Spread: 0.05 (5.72░)
Clipsize: 16

Tech9 70k
Damage: 20
Rate of Fire: .4 ******
Freeze: .05
Reload: .4 *****
Spread: 0.05 (5.72░)
Clipsize: 18

My goal was to give a gun to newer players that is .05 freeze because, let's be honest, you need to learn how to use a .05 freeze gun to truly be effective nowadays. The massive massive trade-off is the clip/reload/rate of fire. I think the Tech9 might be better than the Ap7, but I don't think it's as terrible as you say.
Regarding the other guns, I'm quite happy with all of them but the galil. I will be tweaking it ever-so-slightly. To be honest with you, I failed to test the .35 rate of fire (compare this to any other .05 freeze gun) enough in an actual combat situation (a downside to releasing new guns is you can't PK with them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLinkMan2002 View Post
yeah but it makes other much more costly weapons less attractive. That I do not agree with, they already have access to gang guns for 50 points that are really good, why more handouts.
I do not agree that it makes weapons ~400k any less attractive. Souizen is still better. Sten is still better. BAR/Luger etc still fill their niche.
Inadvertently, this may make guns in the 200-400k price range less attractive. But I can promise you a) nobody who can afford a navy will choose a tech9 over it and b) nobody who has a tech9 wouldn't jump at the chance to get a navy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
the last thing era needs is new guns... what are guns for if nobody pks?
I don't disagree, TK. But I can only do so much in my position (Gun Admin). In fact, I was sincerely hoping that these guns would increase player involvement. The gang point guns were meant to encourage raiding (planned out before the surprise of gang-draft....) and the EC guns to encourage events. This was to get people out of the rut of sitting at OSL and merching all day to afford my stupid 1.2M cash guns.

Last edited by paintballdude956; 08-08-2014 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: formatting on gun stats
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Registered User
Eclipse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT, Bristol
Posts: 377
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
stupid 1.2 mill guns STUPID
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-09-2014, 04:15 AM
TheLinkMan2002 TheLinkMan2002 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
*hugs tempest* stay away from it you filthy peasants! i still have backlogs of lend requests *shutters*
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-09-2014, 04:24 AM
Tim_Rocks Tim_Rocks is offline
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,863
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
stupid 1.2 mill guns STUPID
Do people typically take you seriously?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Registered User
Eclipse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT, Bristol
Posts: 377
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
nope, and considering i just paid 1.2 cash last night for one you shouldn't either.

Your inventory does suck tho, we will see about your "gang" system
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.