Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
Gang Events.

Can we talk about new ideas for gang events? Whatever happened to battle royale? How is Gang Bets coming?

I think its evident that if a top 4 gang doesnt have enough members on, the current rule of adding the next gang to replace them is kinda dumbo, espcially this sunday as this is the deciding factor in one of the events.

We can end up with duende bro's as a gang GUYS PLEASE NO DUENDE BROS
Old 12-14-2014, 01:52 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
gang melee royal battles
Old 12-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Odachi and similar melees are banned in gang events due to the speed boost and laming capabilities.

I wouldnt mind seeing sim raid get an update with seperate spawns to prevent initial spawn laming.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:38 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
just give eveyone a light saber or a SS or that other blade and let everyone loose
Old 12-14-2014, 04:22 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorchizcool View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing sim raid get an update with seperate spawns to prevent initial spawn laming.
I hate to ask, but how can you be lamed when there's multiple exits and you can visually see where players are?
Old 12-14-2014, 05:04 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I hate to ask, but how can you be lamed when there's multiple exits and you can visually see where players are?
Because people can go to the end of the level and hold d with aa12/pbp/photon shotty etc. Just because you can see it there doesn't mean there's not a wall of bullets that you have to get through to get to the event level.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:43 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
I think Demisis may have alluded to this earlier, but the fact that you need to be hosting events says something is wrong with normal game play.

It shouldn't be left up to a gang admin to almost arbitrarily make up rules as he goes along and select which gangs and players he wishes to become gangs and gang leader.

An automated system needs to be put in place to create a constant 'gang event'. Now an automated system has been in place for a little while but as far as I know it hasn't properly incentivized gangs to become what people seem to want them to be. It seems to me that we want really good, organized gangs engaging in perpetual raids with one another. If this is the case, a system needs to be devised that promotes these qualities, and punishes their opposite. I think the best way to achieve this would be some sort of variant of a survival of the fittest type system. Mechanisms need to be thought of that determine how 'good' a particular gang is in relation to other gangs. These good gangs need to be rewarded and promoted, while not so good gangs need to be punished before ultimately ceasing to exist. Such a system is capable of encouraging constant raiding, and would maintain the highest possible quality of gangs.

The rewards need to be in depth and geared towards the survival of the gang as a whole. The gang store thing doesn't really achieve this currently and isn't really in depth or interesting.

There are a million and one different directions in which to take a survival of the fittest type system. Just takes a little imagination, and a potential willingness to rethink the entire concept of the server.

On a related note, it has seemed to me that for a very long time, era has consisted of a number of different games crudely joined into one. I think the main games in question are the economic game and the gang game. I mean, up until a little while ago these two parts of the game were totally separate from one another. It seems recently that a little has been done to bring these two different games together. The economic side of things seems to have been dramatically scaled down, while gang members are now capable of making money by accumulating gang points by pking. I think this is sort of a move in the right direction, but gang point conversion to money doesn't really make sense and is not very interesting at all. I think gangs need to be turned into criminal businesses, whos primary purpose is to accumulate money. PKing should be a means of defending/increasing a gang's ability to make money. Furthermore, money making decisions should occur at the top of the gang and trickle down to the members so as to incentivize loyalty and organization. Perhaps money could be the mechanism that determines how 'good' a particular gang is, since a gang's ability to accumulate money would depend upon it's ability to PK effectively. Gangs would be able to purchase upgrades that would increase their ability to survive. This would make more sense to me than having a number of different currencies ie. gang points, money, ECs, etc.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post

I'll try to explain even with YOUR ATTITUDE SIR

It's simple,
get 5-10 people outside of the base refusing to go in just spamming the entrances.

You'll go in with half hp half the time.

If its a simulation of raiding, our current raiding has nothing to do with street pking, therefore, having a seperate spawn like our current gang system would make it A LOT better.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
did they change koth back to having a chest? It was way more fun when everyone would have to jump on the chest, the last times i played it was too defensive
Old 12-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
did they change koth back to having a chest? It was way more fun when everyone would have to jump on the chest, the last times i played it was too defensive
Do you mean having to destroy the chest to capture it?

It's always had a chest technically.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
We need new gang events. It's to repetitive playing the same ones over and over again. I also prefer the old chest rather than the one but keep the new level.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Do you mean having to destroy the chest to capture it?

It's always had a chest technically.
with the stupid circle the chest is only a decoration