Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
What happened to that server that never got online? It had one of the best overworlds I had seen in AGES. End of Ages I think, it was so good looking, with a snowy area in the middle, I loved that
Me and ETD lost interest and pretty much quit playing/developing for graal, Zerxus our main levels guy got busy and dissappeared too. Dunno what happened to him. I spoke with Eric before we departed and left all the content to N-Pulse.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:45 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
I might be at fault for the second downfall of Versus. I got caught up with things, and sort of dissappeared. Sorry everyone, mainly Wan. You're a great guy, and an awesome developer.

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 05-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallen
If N-Pulse can get 70 players a day in a level for chat, a spar, and an events house, Babylon could be released right now (and never even taken offline, why did that happen) and be successful. We don't need mindblowing content on a playerworld if it means it will never realistically be completed.
In theory...

But if you slap up 4-5 classic style worlds, they will get maybe 10 players on average tops. Different servers ARE needed. You can't just make a classic world with "awesome" levels and nothing new to offer, and expect it to get 70 players on average. The current classic servers have high playercounts because they've built a community. When most people log on and look at the classic list, they go to one of the servers with the most players. That's really all there is to it.

I mentioned to Stefan a long time ago that he should set up something like either he makes it so the playerworld list is randomly shuffled, not sorted by number of players... or that he makes some sort of "graal world map" that displays all of the servers on the map as icons, all on the screen at once. Then you just click on the icon to join. It wouldn't show the playercount unless maybe when you mouse over it or something.

Basically the only way you're going to pull players away from the high playercount servers is to either make a new playerworld with lots of interesting stuff, or make it so it doesn't sort the high playercount servers to the top of the list.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
In theory...

But if you slap up 4-5 classic style worlds, they will get maybe 10 players on average tops. Different servers ARE needed. You can't just make a classic world with "awesome" levels and nothing new to offer, and expect it to get 70 players on average. The current classic servers have high playercounts because they've built a community. When most people log on and look at the classic list, they go to one of the servers with the most players. That's really all there is to it.

I mentioned to Stefan a long time ago that he should set up something like either he makes it so the playerworld list is randomly shuffled, not sorted by number of players... or that he makes some sort of "graal world map" that displays all of the servers on the map as icons, all on the screen at once. Then you just click on the icon to join. It wouldn't show the playercount unless maybe when you mouse over it or something.

Basically the only way you're going to pull players away from the high playercount servers is to either make a new playerworld with lots of interesting stuff, or make it so it doesn't sort the high playercount servers to the top of the list.
And I realize all of that, it's only that if you jump from hosted world to hosted world, you'll see that the minority happen to be the true "classic" worlds. Things have seem to swung more towards guns and level-up servers, in which less than a half-dozen playerworlds of that kind have touched the Classic list. Unholy Nation, Era, and Maloria have built a strong community, and I can understand that... well, less in UN's case, because Maloria is a level-up server and Era is a gun server. They are servers with an in-game economy. If we have 3, maybe even 2, or more playerworlds of that style, the playercount will be split and they'll ultimately lose their economy-style play and population altogether. Graal is meant to be simple, not saying that servers like Maloria and Era aren't welcome, but we shouldn't look for or create a bundle of them.

The only server that has been completely consistant in it's playercount is Unholy Nation. Maloria and Era have at time sagged behind, so it's very possible that another server could pop up and take over, classic, gun, or level-up, whatever it may be.
Though I really hope it's classic...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias

I think Stefan should list the playerworlds in alphabetical order, in each catagory, and only have a total Graal count of players. Meaning, like at the top of the server list, have the total amount that is on Graal.
Members would have to sign on the PW in order to see how many people are on the server.

Your world map idea sounds cool though.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST

Last edited by Darlene159; 05-04-2006 at 08:15 PM..
Old 05-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
I like that world map idea alot, would promote 'unity' between the servers.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost