Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 01:29 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Post Upcoming Changes

Heya!

This is being copied directly from our announcement thread over at our Era community boards, the official link to them can be found when logging on Era. If you wish to join the discussion, feel free to respond directly to this thread or the announcement thread on our forums

Quote:
Hello,

First off, let me start off with an apology. Recently, a number of events have come up in my personal life preventing me from properly being able to develop for Era and keep the community informed. I understand I have been disconnected from the community and have not been seen much at all, and this will likely not be something I can change for another few weeks as I finish relocating. With that being said, however, it does not mean we have not had work being done on the server, and our development team has been hard at work for a large number of changes.

Let's start off with the big one. I am happy to announce that Era will be undergoing a hard server-wide reset.
This should, honestly, not come as a surprise to any one at this point. Before going any further, let's try to keep this to a civil discussion.

What's changing?
Well, not that long ago I made a post explaining what we had planned for Era and what all changes could be expected. This is exactly what we're going with and what we plan on building on. The main goal was primarily to maintain a stable economy as well as maintain an active community, primarily through the PKing aspect. Gangs are going to be revamped and suited for the community, and we plan on adapting to the playercount as needed as well. Here's a quick rundown of gangs courtesy of Slash --

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk
From a gangs perspective we are going to work with 3 gangs most likely to start off, and Syndicate will no longer exist. Gangs will have their own bases again along with personalized weaponry and hats. Gangs will also have their own personal shops set up where they can stock ammo, etc.

The purpose of these shops is to give newer players an opportunity and a role within gangs, and also work as a means to limit the flow of money. The goal is to ultimately re-introduce incentive and competition within gangs, and also to advance player notoriety and status through gang activity, etc. The weaponry specifics are still in the works, but once I get with Wil, Alf Nick and Cloyd a little more on a few smaller things, it will be ready. The bases are complete and ready and offer multiple vantage points to take over the base. I have also brought back a KoTH base on the GMAP which we will use from time to time as an event for gangs to compete in for a fun prize.

Gang events will be a little bit different than they were in times past. I plan to host smaller events like TDM, TTS, etc, but my goal is for the bigger events like KoTH and gangwars to mean more because all gangs can participate at once. The MVP shop will still be around, but obtaining MVP coins will be much more difficult. I will ultimately give players choice if they were to be MVPs of bigger gang events the opportunity to choose either getting an MVP coin(s), or rent an MVP weapon until the next gang event of its kind (this would mean you would rent the weapon for approximately 2 weeks to a month). I will also be using the simulation raid event as well weekly, but will most likely have different prizes than MVP coins for this event.

Loyalty points will no longer get you an MVP weapon like it originally did, but this is something I am working with Wil and other administrators on. Potentially will give players a gang side weapon or some other gun to use until the points system resets.

The gang shop will be very different from what it is right now. First, you will no longer be able to exchange points for money. Gang points will be their own currency and will offer different benefits than what they do now. The gun shop where you can exchange points for guns will not be around anymore either. Gang points will be used to purchase perks that are being worked on that will give players advantages who buy them. Ultimately, this will offer further incentive for players to pk due to the increased advantages the would receive for obtaining points.

In terms of the economy, one of the main things we plan on updating are the way jobs output and generate money, as well as the amount of work needing to be done to generate said money while performing those jobs. This has been something we have been over countless times and we have gone over the figures of the current job systems to ensure they are properly adjusted and balanced. We recognize that jobs such as mining, which require far more effort than digging, was something that bothered a large number of players and we used it as a base after adjusting it to suit the new base item prices we will be updating around Era. A quick summary of the updates to the main jobs, provided by @nich who created the final spreadsheet for the server --

> * Shell prices were cut to approx 1/10th of their previous prices
> * Trash prices are approx 15% of their previous prices
> * Mining prices were cut to 1/3rd of original values

When will this happen and how?
During the upcoming week, Era will be down for a brief moment of time while we prepare the live server for our changes, as well as ensure everything is properly set up as we would like it to be. If all goes well, the reset will occur the same day after briefly updating you guys. We are still waiting for some final feedback and confirmation regarding other matters which we hope to have in the upcoming day or two.

While we would like to go over absolutely every small detail that will be changing, this should cover the main things a majority of the players are concerned over, and what affects Era the most. We will be updating this post with further information as well as needed.

During this time, we would like for the community to enjoy themselves. We will be placing loot boxes throughout Era allowing you to obtain a number of rare weaponry

Happy Holidays, and stay tuned for further updates!
tl;dr; reset incoming

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 12-18-2016, 11:44 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
time to merge with iera? : -)?
Old 12-19-2016, 12:26 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Time to un-merge zone with izone?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:30 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
how will I get a katana
Old 12-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
no businesses?
Old 12-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
free katanas and businesses to all next 5 minutes

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 12-19-2016, 10:16 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
When is the reset happening? At the end of this week or...?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
free katanas and businesses to all next 5 minutes
i mean on new era
Old 12-21-2016, 02:51 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
everything is free
Old 12-22-2016, 02:14 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
and also how will I get a katana in the new erallennium
Old 12-22-2016, 07:18 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
The obvious path for the futue of Era is to inflate the economy so jobs pay 1,000,000 for picking 5 flowers and then make hats, guns, and cars cost 1,000 each.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:16 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
how do we get an analogous classic version of era without all the economy and gear nonsense and just pick up and play shoot-questing
Old 12-23-2016, 03:21 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
how do we get an analogous classic version of era without all the economy and gear nonsense and just pick up and play shoot-questing
That would be nice. Restrict guns to uzi, shotgun and handgun.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:19 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
This seems like a good idea.
-everyone 9 years ago

I don't see how this is some miracle cure for the same rotating staff team sitting on their hands for 3 years. Unless there is a myriad of updates (you doubt it too right) at the ready for the aftermath; then why bother?

Last edited by Supaman771; 12-23-2016 at 06:34 AM..
Old 12-23-2016, 08:32 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I remember in the first few months of Era, they had house phones in every building so you could call the other buildings. We had so much fun prank calling the gang hide outs and stuff.