Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Why do you like gangs?
Raiding 33 58.93%
Role-play 16 28.57%
Working my way up the ranks 20 35.71%
Gang Events 13 23.21%
Other (please share) 2 3.57%
I do not like gangs 12 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Constant thinker
GarethOmni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GarethOmni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman13x View Post
Nukes are the way to go.
I agree with daz
I too, agree with this.

"The internet is awesome, It lets me joke about and do things that I would never really do in reality"
Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
YG!
Kenshin851 is on a distinguished road
Ehhh the things I have thought of..

Bring back Era Police, temporary 5 minute jails if your on a gang tag and get killed by a cop.. Make the Police a raidable shop, Make it almost like a gang with a little authority ya know? So if a gang gets raided by cops their fellow members can raid the Cops base and break them out.. then they can hold down the cops base.. Raiding.. for a reason?

Moveable furniture.. This can be taken 2 ways.. people could use it for laming.. Or for another idea which is blocking the safe.. Which I'll get to.

Bring in racketeering.. For NPC shops or Player ran shops.. doesn't matter.. but all the money the gang makes from it goes to their safe.. They have to defend the safe from raiding gangs who are trying to break into their stash..

I have more ideas but I'm short on time.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin851 View Post

Bring back Era Police, temporary 5 minute jails if your on a gang tag and get killed by a cop.. Make the Police a raidable shop, Make it almost like a gang with a little authority ya know? So if a gang gets raided by cops their fellow members can raid the Cops base and break them out.. then they can hold down the cops base.. Raiding.. for a reason?

Moveable furniture.. This can be taken 2 ways.. people could use it for laming.. Or for another idea which is blocking the safe.. Which I'll get to.

Bring in racketeering.. For NPC shops or Player ran shops.. doesn't matter.. but all the money the gang makes from it goes to their safe.. They have to defend the safe from raiding gangs who are trying to break into their stash..

Yes!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
Quote:

You can allready move furniture as it's done in outbreak to stop the zombies, but problem is each level has npcs which are the furniture and you would need to edit every gang base to move every npc.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:40 AM
YG!
Kenshin851 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJenova View Post
You can allready move furniture as it's done in outbreak to stop the zombies, but problem is each level has npcs which are the furniture and you would need to edit every gang base to move every npc.
Yeah I'm aware of that it's sort of the reason I want to do it. I believe in Old Era gang bases used to have movable furniture, I'm not clear on that though as I haven't played the oldest version of Era. However I can already see a drawback on it now, as if they create every NPC to make the furniture moveable, if it's an overload on NPC's there's already cases where gangbases are already full of lag in the middle of a raid.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:00 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:

none of this is really original. the ideas are so cliche. era needs something different rather than gangs raiding for cash and defending their safe..
Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
A really nice awesome rank system, almost like the one you've added in Spar Complex. But with rewards, also including achievements you must complete to get a reward/medals. The leaders can look up how many players you've killed in a day, week or month. And much more?

Also a big gang system which is similar to the rank system, but this system will everyone in the gang work for, and this will only have achievement that the gang must complete. If they complete different achievements, they will unlock many things such as.. Able to get more spots for the gang. (Letting more members join), unlocking new parts for building a gang gun, or getting new parts for your gang gun. Or maybe a few extra levels for your gang base!

What could we unlock for our gang gun? Help me out with this..

Better spread

Extra ammunition

I don't know if this sounds good.. I just wrote it down, popped up in my brain!

Last edited by Nonepwnz; 01-15-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
better accuracy isn't really important seeing as how guns having spread is actually an advantage.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
better accuracy isn't really important seeing as how guns having spread is actually an advantage.
Yeah that is right, what about having better spread instead then?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Banned
LoStSuRfEr1 is on a distinguished road
something I posted in another thread

Quote:
Here is how I see the "Black Market" idea unfolding. It would start off with illegal arm producing factory's located deep beneath the streets of era (aka weapon making levels in the sewers) These factory's would be controlled by the gangs of era, To make fair the factory's would be released over a period of time. For example the when the first factory is released gangs would have to fight for control of it similar to that of a party house. Now after say a period of three-four days what ever gang had control of the factory for the most amount of time will then be granted that factory. This will then happen 2-3 more factory's. Now just because you get the factory on the first go round does not mean that its your gangs for ever.

Once your gang has a factory then you will have to start buying "Under the table arms parts". I figure either A. Business like Ammo Mart and B. Gun Point could start selling supplys needed for making these black market arms to the factorys. This would lead to competition between gangs and business's like Ammo Mart and Gun Point because without the parts from the two business's the gangs will not be able to produce the arms and they will loose out on business and so on and so on.

Also this will open up a "Law Enforcement" part of Era, Organizations like EFBI and Scotland Yard. Some sort of "Constitution" could be instilled stating how the production and sales of counterfeit arms and supplys are illegal and punishable by fine and/or jail time (Not real jail, only minutes and hours and surveillance). This will allow all kinds of role playing and fun times for everyone. Gangs will be able to "pay off" corrupt members of both organizations, Give faulty tips. These two organizations will be able to raid the factory's and if they succesfully raid and hold the factory for a peroid of say 24 hours then the factory is then up for grabs again by any gang who after 3 days can control it the longest.

Also pretty much each factory will have the ability to produce different guns and supplys. Also know that anything that is produced on the black market has an extremely short life, is unreliable, breaks easy, and so on.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
You can't make someone stay, but you can definitely give them incentive to pick a gang and actually stick with it. It's not that hard. Grant special privileges to those who are loyal, and deny them to those who are not. One off of the top of my head:

Each player will have his/her own stats for the gang they are in, and leaving a gang will reset those stats. Having a certain amount of points in a gang will allow you to use the gang weapon (if the leader permits it), participate in matches/events, etc.

yes