Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
I've gotten gonstruct working on a Mac. I basically just used MacPorts to install all of the dependencies. I didn't use it extensively, so it's possible it could have been missing some functionality. But, from what I can tell it was working.
Yeah that's really all you need to do, it compiles as easily on Mac OS as it does on Ubuntu. It just takes a while to install the dependencies through MacPorts. The problem with providing a binary is packaging these dependencies, not exactly sure how to do that on a Mac. Maybe someone else knows?

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
Yeah that's really all you need to do, it compiles as easily on Mac OS as it does on Ubuntu. It just takes a while to install the dependencies through MacPorts. The problem with providing a binary is packaging these dependencies, not exactly sure how to do that on a Mac. Maybe someone else knows?
I don't know much about packaging for Mac either. But, one option could be to create a macport for it.

I could attempt to make one... I've done a lot of FreeBSD porting so hopefully MacPorts won't be too hard to pick up. The documentation isn't nearly as good as FreeBSD's though .
Old 07-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
So Fry, could you add a 0.2.2 with the Delete button bound please? It's reaaaally frustrating to make levels right now.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 AM
(LAT)
Enchanted Wolf XxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via MSN to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Wolf XxX
Hey Fry.

Was just making a level, could you make it to where the image is clickable by itself, rather than the full height and width? I try to place tiles right up next to an image, and if I want to move it or delete it, it clicks the NPC.

Or just add a button, not Hide NPC, but make them unselectable.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Fry, could you make it so that when you select tiles in the level and move them somewhere, the space that it was moved from is automatically filled with your "fill tile" instead of a blank space? Also, ever since 0.2.0, when you select some tiles in the level on layer 1 and above, right click them to copy + move, you just move the original tiles instead of copying. Right now you actually have to right click them twice and then move in order to create a copy. Layer 0 works as intended though.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
C++ is not that hard, guys. fry has a university to pass or something!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
C++ is not that hard, guys.
Then why don't *you* go ahead and fix the things mentioned on the last few pages instead of waiting a few weeks for us to learn a new programming language and feel somewhat comfterable using it?

I believe Mallard (DrakilorP2P) wanted to fix these things, but he hasn't been able to compile a Windows version.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Then why don't *you* go ahead and fix the things mentioned on the last few pages instead of waiting a few weeks for us to learn a new programming language and feel somewhat comfterable using it?
Because I personally do not give a **** because I do not use the program.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Because I personally do not give a **** because I do not use the program.
Then at least stop nitpicking at us for posting suggestions to someone who might give a ****.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Then at least stop nitpicking at us for posting suggestions to someone who might give a ****.
fry is just too polite to tell you guys to **** off for being freeloaders.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
fry is just too polite to tell you guys to **** off for being freeloaders.
I doubt it. You on the other hand seems to be an angry little kid in every single post you've made the past weeks. Anger management issues or just very bad trolling? Who knows.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
You're both probably right; what is the point in improving something which will never get supported officially as apart of the development packages?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Master of Puppets
Gonstruct is the one and only reason that layers are getting proper support in the v6 client. Stefan has debugged it numerous times with the levels on Maloria, and as a result there's practically zero lag related issues to them in v6 at the moment. If Fry's suggestion with "blanks" in the level gets implemented it'd be an even more amazing step.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Gonstruct is the one and only reason that layers are getting proper support in the v6 client. Stefan has debugged it numerous times with the levels on Maloria, and as a result there's practically zero lag related issues to them in v6 at the moment. If Fry's suggestion with "blanks" in the level gets implemented it'd be an even more amazing step.
And yet fry is the only one bothering to work on it, everybody else is just posting about how meaningful contribution is beneath them.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
And yet fry is the only one bothering to work on it, everybody else is just posting about how meaningful contribution is beneath them.
Quote:
I believe Mallard (DrakilorP2P) wanted to fix these things, but he hasn't been able to compile a Windows version.