Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I agree with you. An application does not take much time, and not everyone knows who someone such as Elk or Soala is. If someone can't sit down to do an app, i'd doubt their work ethics
It's Graal, doubt everyones work ethic until developers start getting paid.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:08 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
If you're not comitted to filling out and completing a simple application you don't have the comittment to work on that server. Applications are just as much a test of character as it is a test of skill.

No developer should just be given the job. I don't care who you are.
If it's someone notably capable of producing high tier work offering to help a server notably incapable of not being awful as it is in this case (I assume you were referring to Aeko), then an application and "commitment" isn't really a big deal here, since it seems more like charity than anything.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I agree with you. An application does not take much time, and not everyone knows who someone such as Elk or Soala is. If someone can't sit down to do an app, i'd doubt their work ethics
When you realize people are ready to pay you for your work, you won't consider Graal that much of a good place to work. Even though I still have ongoing graal projects, I have WAY better projects (non-graal ones) with people I met on here.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to IzariusRyudo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
When you realize people are ready to pay you for your work, you won't consider Graal that much of a good place to work. Even though I still have ongoing graal projects, I have WAY better projects (non-graal ones) with people I met on here.
Well spoken. o.O +1
Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
When you realize people are ready to pay you for your work, you won't consider Graal that much of a good place to work.
Lmao is that what happened?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have WAY better projects
I'm sorry but this is hilarious
Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Lmao is that what happened?
Yeah, kind of. I also mean that some projects have quite a lot of potential, which is why they are being made apart from Graal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I'm sorry but this is hilarious
You obviously have no idea of what I am working on.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
You obviously have no idea of what I am working on.
Enjoy your pipedream I suppose. Although, the way you throw around the word "potential" makes it obvious that whatever you're working on is actual trivial, unimpressive, and won't last longer than two years - "but wait!!," it has "potential" to not suck - just like pigs have the "potential" to adapt to the point where they're capable of flight.

Potential is a hollow word, used by those destined to fail in a blind attempt to comfort themselves. Because a part of you already knows you're wasting your time and lying to yourself by thinking it will be good, and even when it crashes and burns, you'll still be able to say "yeah but it had potential."
Old 04-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Enjoy your pipedream I suppose. Although, the way you throw around the word "potential" makes it obvious that whatever you're working on is actual trivial, unimpressive, and won't last longer than two years - "but wait!!," it has "potential" to not suck - just like pigs have the "potential" to adapt to the point where they're capable of flight.

Potential is a hollow word, used by those destined to fail in a blind attempt to comfort themselves. Because a part of you already knows you're wasting your time and lying to yourself by thinking it will be good, and even when it crashes and burns, you'll still be able to say "yeah but it had potential."
Once again, you have no idea of what I'm talking about.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
And yet, I still know it will fail.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
You can make a bit of $$$ making sprites for iPhone game developers.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You can make a bit of $$$ making sprites for iPhone game developers.
I'd rather make my own iPhone game
Quote:
And yet, I still know it will fail.
You don't even know what it is for real, so you can't say it will fail.
Hint: it's not a game.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
He (and anyone else) can say/assume something will fail based on previous examples and the people involved.
Last I checked you can 'say' anything with virtually no evidence and make it a serious claim.

Case being, I too believe it has a good chance of failure... the same as you guys all saying GG will fail again. (It probably will)
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
You don't even know what it is for real, so you can't say it will fail.
Hint: it's not a game.
Hint: It will probably still fail. Even if you're setting up a website where men can watch you dance seductively and remove clothing for money, it will still fail.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 PM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to IzariusRyudo
Quote:
Hint: It will probably still fail. Even if you're setting up a website where men can watch you dance seductively and remove clothing for money, it will still fail.
Do you have one of these? Link?