Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Lag in MS

What is the standard lag amount since everything changed? Like before it was 60-70 ms, now it seems its at least 150-170 ms. What is considered bad at this point because I have absolutely no idea now. I noticed Zodiac is around 135 for me, and UN was about the same, both with spikes up to at least 245 ms. Aren't UC playerworlds typically more laggy than the classic ones as well because of the servers?
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 10-04-2013, 10:08 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
because DDoS protection.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Yes, the typical latency is about ~120ms or more now. Anything over about 80ms is pretty bad, especially now that p2p UDP is gone. I'd explain why it's so high but for some reason Stefan doesn't want us discussing how terrible how server infrastructure is.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Cyril Rain
What's considered "bad" now with the new crappy minimum? Trying to set a standard but I don't really know what standard to keep lol. I know spikes are spikes and stuff, but whats a "thats definitely not a good number" now based off typical 120-150 i guess?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:38 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
My ms is always around the 120-130 area, I would say that's the average now. As for what you're asking about a "bad number" id say from my experiences anything above 150-160 ms you start to really notice it.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Cyril Rain
I've been trying to figure this out lol, because on roak it's 153 at stand still for me (decus is much lower, like 120), but when you move it jumps up for me to 190-275. I went through and took out the timeout but it didn't change a thing. Just odd, because if you move then stop, it drops back down immediately... I removed most of the weapons off my char that do nearly anything, but it does the same thing still.

I'm stumped on what could be causing this unless it's simply because its hosted as a UC playerworld and it's automatically laggier than a classic enabled playerworld...
I've went through every equipped weapon and the db npcs, nothing serious is happening in them.

Btw sorry, I probably should have done this thread in the playerworlds or scripting section.

Aaandd I just realized that on UN or Zodiac when I'm checking lag its checking at a stand still, and it probably very well is that when you move on those servers as well it goes up. Should have known that xD. Correct me if I'm wrong though, please someone.

Edit: No idea what, but it's dropped and is a bit more steady now...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 10-06-2013 at 03:26 AM..
Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 AM
GodlyAmbitions is an unknown quantity at this point
the max i used to get was 200 now i reach 500-1200 i really hate this anti-ddos thing many whined to turn it off because its only affecting the gameplay more than it should..

its pissing me off playerbase is more halved (it lost way more)
iphone that iphone this, they dont need to do anything with pc graal since
they keep getting free money from new server creations.. its ridiculous
Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Baddy King
Brady_Graal will become famous soon enough
How did pc graal get slower than iphone graal? I've had as low as 14 ms and usually had under 70 ms lag over the years.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:53 PM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
Everything was fine till V6 came around and ruined sparring, pking, or any other competitive feature of the game

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady_Graal View Post
How did pc graal get slower than iphone graal? I've had as low as 14 ms and usually had under 70 ms lag over the years.
that stupid antiddos crap doubling or tripling our ms is bullshit

and to think it has no effect against 2 or more ddosers...?!
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
DDoS means Distributed Denial of Service (means more then 1 person).. 1 person is refered to as just DoS which means Denial of Service.. Besides whats the point when it's much easier to just DDoS individual players instead of the whole server? Do we even know where these attacks are coming from? Maybe its China and not the players. Either way I don't do these attacks, last time I tested to see how it worked I got disconnected the other person (whom gave me permission) did not then he laughed his butt off.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned
basiahborne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
DDoS means Distributed Denial of Service (means more then 1 person).. 1 person is refered to as just DoS which means Denial of Service.. Besides whats the point when it's much easier to just DDoS individual players instead of the whole server? Do we even know where these attacks are coming from? Maybe its China and not the players. Either way I don't do these attacks, last time I tested to see how it worked I got disconnected the other person (whom gave me permission) did not then he laughed his butt off.
Graal pays for a very expensive ddos protection service called Blacklotus, alot of companies use this service but do not realize how easy it is to successfull DDoS it. Using some of the new spoofed attacks such as NTP take down blacklotus with ease.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
How funny! My company uses Black Lotus as well. It's not too terrible, but their tech support can be less than helpful... We've had more outages due to BL than due to their mess ups than we had from DDOS issues.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned
basiahborne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
How funny! My company uses Black Lotus as well. It's not too terrible, but their tech support can be less than helpful... We've had more outages due to BL than due to their mess ups than we had from DDOS issues.
It's a rip off to be honest, they should not be able to be ddosed so easilly, I would go to OVH or something.