Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Free Gold Period

Alot of games have a free trial period e.g. WoW (It would be a free gold period in graal's case). Which gives people a taste of what they'll receive before paying for it, which i believe would be a good idea.

This could be made effective for new players just starting off, if they enjoy the gold period then they can upgrade themselves into a gold member, if they prefer not upgrading then its up to them. If put together along with advertising then this could increase the number of subs graal gets by a convenient number.

I suggest a 7 Day trial period for each Computer and a few banners on sites which you can advertise your game for free, as well as youtube and veoh.

Last edited by MiniOne; 02-12-2009 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Grammatical Mistake
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
We arent open to good ideas here
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
I think we got a trial node for this
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
SC2 Player
Schetti is on a distinguished road
First I want say, I like the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionJS View Post
I think we got a trial node for this
WITH OBSERVER!
If I am noob and wanna try out game, a observer mode each x minutes doesnt make fun.
7days gold sounds good, so you can see the diffrence between gold(or classic) and trial
Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schetti View Post
First I want say, I like the idea.

WITH OBSERVER!
If I am noob and wanna try out game, a observer mode each x minutes doesnt make fun.
7days gold sounds good, so you can see the diffrence between gold(or classic) and trial
My bad I didnt realize, I was thinking about Zone :P
Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionJS View Post
My bad I didnt realize, I was thinking about Zone :P
We have a trial mode for zone
not a gold trial mode for zone where you have access to hotkeys, classes and 100 hp instead of 80.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:20 AM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
i think it's a good idea, anything to try and raise the playercount
Old 02-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'd rather see Graal pull away completely from trial's and subscriptions and focus on cash-shop type income, solely. It's a reason nearly every free game is cash-shop now.

People would rather feel like they are freely paying for advantages(no matter how cosmetic they are) rather than being pressured to pay for subscriptions.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I'd rather see Graal pull away completely from trial's and subscriptions and focus on cash-shop type income, solely. It's a reason nearly every free game is cash-shop now.

People would rather feel like they are freely paying for advantages(no matter how cosmetic they are) rather than being pressured to pay for subscriptions.
We'd all rather see that but the fact is nothing will change while Stefan and Unimax are thinking the way they do, so rather then convincing them to change the system, it be a better idea to try get more subs through other ways, free trial periods, better advertisement, more benefits for long time subscribers and whatever else i've forgotten to mention
Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
We'd all rather see that but the fact is nothing will change while Stefan and Unimax are thinking the way they do, so rather then convincing them to change the system, it be a better idea to try get more subs through other ways, free trial periods, better advertisement, more benefits for long time subscribers and whatever else i've forgotten to mention
If that's the attitude for this sort of thing, then your suggestion is no better. They consider the observer mode a 'trial' mode with free time.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
If that's the attitude for this sort of thing, then your suggestion is no better. They consider the observer mode a 'trial' mode with free time.
Well I agree on the fact that this will probably never happen due to the fact they are stubborn and don't like changing much but its worth a try.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You have 5 hours of real free playing time, the observer mode is starting after that.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You have 5 hours of real free playing time, the observer mode is starting after that.
Is 5 hours really enough, most other companies give players more time so that they make a significant investment (with their time) in the game and therefore will pay instead of losing that investment
Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
yeah, 5 hours isn't enough. let the players experience the game as a normal player for x amount of days this way they know what they're upgrading for. they're not going to want to pay for the game if they don't know what to expect :x
Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'd rather shell at money once a year from my own pocket than having kids running around being better than me because they have mommy's credit card