FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Testbed

Has it been closed down?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Looks like it's gone, yup. Needed to check a script on it yesterday and noticed it wasn't on the list. Despite the fact it's probably the only server I rarely frequent... again I hope no one bothers paying for it again. We need to stop doing that ****.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 AM
professional troll
I was under the assumption Stefan had opened it and that nobody had to purchase it. I can only see negative effects from it closing down. Developers now have nowhere to practice or even start learning...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Testbed was a player-run thing, and people have attempted to convinced Stefan to keep it up but it always comes down to the players to pitch in and pay for it to stay up. It shouldn't have ever been like that, so when scripters start disappearing(and they already are) and there are no more to fill in the shoes of those who leave because there's no place to learn, then maybe Stefan will get the message.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
Can't believe it's gone... i guess we're left to beg for testing space on random people's servers.

Anyone wanna help me in hosting my project? Just 1 script, about 100 images.

Zenkou for life
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by haro41 View Post
Can't believe it's gone... i guess we're left to beg for testing space on random people's servers.

Anyone wanna help me in hosting my project? Just 1 script, about 100 images.
Forum PM me.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Who wound up paying for it in the first place?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Who wound up paying for it in the first place?
I don't know who started it, but twinny paid the bills most recently.

Zenkou for life
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Well, we can complain forever about how it really should be a community thing, but I don't think that it's likely to be that way anytime soon.

I'd be willing to chip in if others are too. Twenty bucks apiece from five or six people would be sufficient. If Twinny is the person looking after it, I don't mind trusting him with the responsibility of making the official transaction.

Now more than ever is a great time to tap into using the server for experimentation, teaching others, and improving open-source tools for the benefit of the community.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Graal Developer
Joshua_P2P is on a distinguished road
Hmm so i have seen this thread and i decided since i merged my server with feudal i have 100+ days left and i still own my old server Ventus and have no plans for ventus what so ever if anyone is looking for a space they might as well train there i am gonna pm twinny to see what rights must be set to have a personal scripting so please be patient i will see what i can do

EDIT: So i just got rid of the content on it if anyone would like to use it as a testbed

Last edited by Joshua_P2P; 02-23-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM
professional troll
I don't see why it should be a problem to open up testbed without anyone paying for it. If Stefan is wondering why his game is going to ****, this is part of it. Developers have nowhere to come from
Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Testbed kind of sucked, servers weren't really meant to support so many developers on the same server. Without moderation it also resulted in a lot of issues of players uploading abusive/malicious scripts and annoying other people who tried to use it.

I personally would like to see rent-able 'micro' instances that only a few people can log-on and limited to only staff so people can get their feet wet.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
I loved the testbed concept, just the other day I was talking to a player on Era who has advanced knowledge of a bunch of different coding languages but wanted to learn gs2, think this would of been a perfect place for him to go to harness some resources and pick it up.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Testbed kind of sucked, servers weren't really meant to support so many developers on the same server. Without moderation it also resulted in a lot of issues of players uploading abusive/malicious scripts and annoying other people who tried to use it.
It wasn't the best by any means, but it was pretty much the only thing most of us had available.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
I loved the testbed concept, just the other day I was talking to a player on Era who has advanced knowledge of a bunch of different coding languages but wanted to learn gs2, think this would of been a perfect place for him to go to harness some resources and pick it up.
I think a better place would be an offline editor that supports GS2.