Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 06:50 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
notification

it'd be nice if there was a notification for the new forum stuff, like if someone was requesting to join your guild or someone requested friendship. or commented on your photo, there could be like a little section next to the private messages that would show the number of notifications you have, just like how when you get a pm therell be a little 1 bolded.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:04 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
bump?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:23 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Theres already a notification for friendship requests in the User CP, at the top. Other stuff would be useful I guess, yea.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:27 PM
a/s/l
if it showed on every page, like how it does when you get a pm. theres a little number thats there on EVERY page you go on that says you have 1
Old 07-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
if it showed on every page, like how it does when you get a pm. theres a little number thats there on EVERY page you go on that says you have 1
I see no need for it to show on every page. In the user CP, maybe.
I know it shows when you have been invited to a group, and friendship requests...not sure what other stuff pops up.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
It would be better if it showed up in the top right where it displays your PMs. I rarely check my User CP, but I look in the corner for PMs daily, I'm sure other people do the same.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It would be better if it showed up in the top right where it displays your PMs. I rarely check my User CP, but I look in the corner for PMs daily, I'm sure other people do the same.
Well, there are reasons now to view the user cp, or you might miss something
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-20-2008, 06:04 PM
a/s/l
but for those who would rather not go to a whole new page when you could see it on every page right next to your PMs, its a good idea. im not going to leave what im doing just to see no notifications in my CP
Old 07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
but for those who would rather not go to a whole new page when you could see it on every page right next to your PMs, its a good idea. im not going to leave what im doing just to see no notifications in my CP
Nobody said you had to leave what you were doing. Ironically the computer you are using is capable of running more than one browser window or tab at a given time.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Nobody said you had to leave what you were doing. Ironically the computer you are using is capable of running more than one browser window or tab at a given time.
Exactly. I do that all the time. Tabs are my friend.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-20-2008, 06:26 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Well, there are reasons now to view the user cp, or you might miss something
God forbid things be made easier and more user friendly/upfront!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator
Quote:
God forbid things be made easier and more user friendly/upfront!
......and God forbid members might have to click an extra time to see something, and not have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Works both ways.

You cant have everything you ask for.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-20-2008, 06:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Darlene, you're seriously the most backwards person I've ever talked to. You think just because something is "fine", it shouldn't improved or changed. You fall perfectly into the stereotype of "stubborn old person".

Tell me, how much bad would from having a little notification to alert of friend requests, page comments, group invitations, etc, etc, etc?

And now tell me, try hard now, imagine you were popular and liked on these forums, and used to getting those things, you'd have to check the User CP all the time to see them, as opposed to having whether you have any or not displayed in the top right corner.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
......and God forbid members might have to click an extra time to see something, and not have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Works both ways.

You cant have everything you ask for.
You should become a programmer; you sound exactly like one.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Tell me, how much bad would from having a little notification to alert of friend requests, page comments, group invitations, etc, etc, etc?
No bad. How much bad would come from leaving it the way it is?
Just because my opinion is different from yours, doesnt make any opinion bad, unless you start to insult the other person, of course.

Quote:
And now tell me, try hard now, imagine you were popular and liked on these forums, and used to getting those things, you'd have to check the User CP all the time to see them, as opposed to having whether you have any or not displayed in the top right corner.
I always have stuff going on in my cp, and check it several times a day. I dont find it difficult at all, or even too time consuming. I enjoy it actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You should become a programmer; you sound exactly like one.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST

Tags
friendship, notification, pictures, social group, writing on your wall