Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
My 2 cents:
Please play and develope for Graal if you have fun with it, don't get a headache by making weird business proposals. We know ourself that the best way to make money with Graal would be to take some successful server, stop development, making it Flash or so, and make tons of advertising (advertising for and in the game). But that wouldn't be Graal. The interesting part of Graal is that the players can take part, can submit their own graphics for heads, become FAQ, get RC, make their own server, work on interesting projects. We currently have a clear plan for Graal, that is releasing v6 in the near future to make the game run fast and bring a lot of new possibilities for players and developers. But we know that Graal will not make us rich, we are happy if the subscriptions can pay for the costs of running it. That's why we take the opportunities and try to expand into other areas, including iPhone and mobile devices where the future of computing and gaming lies, and use our experience with online game.

intrepend it how you want
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
"iPhone and mobile devices where the future of computing and gaming lies"

I hope not..
Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
"iPhone and mobile devices where the future of computing and gaming lies"

I hope not..
Of course not. That's complete bull****. Mobile gaming is a minority, and that won't change either.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:42 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Of course not. That's complete bull****. Mobile gaming is a minority, and that won't change either.
Doesn't mean money cannot still be made!

I "intrepend" what Stefan said as, "Hey, Graal is a development platform. We'll provide major core updates from time to time, but our goal isn't to create a game, but to allow you to create your own games. We don't envision profiting off of GraalOnline, because it was never meant to be some huge, money-making MMO. (So stop trying to push your business models on us, unless you're a degree-touting professional businessperson!)

"To ensure that we remain a viable company, we're focusing our efforts on mobile gaming, an emerging market with new possibilities. You may not like this, but I'm pretty sure you'd not like not having Graal even more. Caio!"

Anyways, this proposition has some neat aspects. Developing for free is a neat idea, but you have to find a way to offset the monetary loss of people not paying to upgrade their accounts. That's where you'll lose most companies.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Exactly how I interpreted it, or well most of it.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
This isn't true. Many more people have phones and such rather than consoles, and games on the very popular iphone and ipod touch are purchased by a vast amount of people!

Last I recall, it only took the Tank game creator ~3-4 months before he quit his job and lived off of the loads of 99c purchases people had made, giving him at the time ~$240,000
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Funny but unrealistic idea, as development playerworlds probaply quite bring in the money.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:34 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Just look how many people have downloaded Bomber Online or whatever for the iPhone and multiply that by $3.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Just look how many people have downloaded Bomber Online or whatever for the iPhone and multiply that by $3.
Yeah, but they won't be willing to totally kill graals profitability, as hosting is probaply an income factor.
Most playerworlds never reach anything and many people would wan't one, can't see this working.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I wonder how many people actually upgrade for hosted servers alone, and I wonder if a system such as the one fowlplay suggested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
There would have to be a staff cap with this to prevent just adding everyone to their staff list, which could be very profitable actually.

I.e: Buy a server with 10? or so staff slots open. Add $5/(monthly/quarterly) for 5-10 more slots, and so on.
would not be more profitable. I obviously don't have the resources to research such a thing, but I think it's definitely something Graal should look into if they truly care about the developers and "realize graal isn't going to make them rich".
Old 08-22-2009, 03:23 PM
They don't give a **** about Graal anymore, god damnit!
Old 08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
They don't give a **** about Graal anymore, god damnit!
Do you really think that "they" are needed for you to make your server?

By now, we get it. You can stop spamming this little nugget in every thread regarding GraalOnline.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Do you really think that "they" are needed for you to make your server?

By now, we get it. You can stop spamming this little nugget in every thread regarding GraalOnline.
It seems that it's needed to be spammed into every thread regarding GraalOnline.

And people are crying about them being needed in their servers.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
And people are crying about them being needed in their servers.
No, some guy is saying that he doesn't want to pay for a server that will never reach the light of day.

"They" are not needed for me to go in to Valikorlia and script trade, shops, and battle systems. "They" are not needed for me to open up GraalEditor and make some levels. "They" are only needed when I want to be annoying and blame my own incompetence on "them".

This isn't a terrible idea, but having you as a spokesperson for any suggestion is.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
No, some guy is saying that he doesn't want to pay for a server that will never reach the light of day.

"They" are not needed for me to go in to Valikorlia and script trade, shops, and battle systems. "They" are not needed for me to open up GraalEditor and make some levels. "They" are only needed when I want to be annoying and blame my own incompetence on "them".

This isn't a terrible idea, but having you as a spokesperson for any suggestion is.
This is one of the better posts I've read for a while - people need to realize that they aren't completely incompetent without CJ holding their hand.

Use the tools you've been given, instead of complaining about the things that doesn't exist.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto