Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Stefan, I have found another problem regarding layers. Logon Maloria, and warp to forest.nw. There's nothing wrong with the level itself, but the client seems to have some rendering problems with it and skipping tiles in the top layer randomly. If you resize the window a few times, it eventually renders the level correctly.

If you need to see how the level itself is designed: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134266558
Ok fixed in my version, it was a problem with bugged optimization of transparent/black tiles in upper tile layers.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version has been released - v6.032. You can download it on the website or in the client. Major changes:

- Faster startup
- Less file access, for faster speed
- Less slowdown when downloading files
- Fixed tile layer display
- Faster loading of gani files
- Fixed a problem with gani scripts receiving onPlayerEnters even when it's not used anymore
- Fixed problems with http download when the file has not been changed (serverlister news)
- Added https/ssl support (in testing phase)
- Fixed some problems with indenting in script editor
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Scripter
Devenio is on a distinguished road
Noticed a pop up alert about an update on v6, so I updated it and now I'm on v6.032 but when I log on to a server the default particle graphic act like their missing but their located in /Graal/levels/g4particles/.. Same with the letter graphics in /Graal/levels/letters/. I also use a custom state graphic but it displays default even though the only state image is different? Just some issue's I've noticed on first look i'll post any more that I find.

P.S. I've also tried reinstall but it reports "Files are okay".

Also if Stefan is looking at this, maybe you can fix the onPlayerEnters() for particle gani scripts. On first initialization aka onCreated works normally but once the player leaves the level and comes back the particle destroys and doesn't reload. This is what I have in the header of the gani script for the particle.

function onCreated() emitter();
function onPlayerenters() emitter();
function onInitialized() emitter();

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the the universe.." -Einstein

Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The highlighting bug/issue I pointed out a year ago is still alive.

Link: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...postcount=1207

Auto-indenting (at very the bottom of the script) is still messed up, it indents but when you press space it doesn't move the cursor until you press a non-invisible character. It also doesn't backspace properly either.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Graal Administration
File download can be a little bit different, will check if the particles can be uploaded on all servers or if we can change the download package for it to work.

It is now looking for the file at the place where it would download it, instead of scanning everything or keeping an index file filenamecache.txt, which can grow huge and slow down things when it is saved (also can take some time to load at startup). Basically it is much simpler now, and only scans the gui styles and emoticons folders at startup.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 AM
Scripter
Devenio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
File download can be a little bit different, will check if the particles can be uploaded on all servers or if we can change the download package for it to work.

It is now looking for the file at the place where it would download it, instead of scanning everything or keeping an index file filenamecache.txt, which can grow huge and slow down things when it is saved (also can take some time to load at startup). Basically it is much simpler now, and only scans the gui styles and emoticons folders at startup.
Yeah I manually moved \Graal\levels\g4particles\ to \Graal\levels\images\g4\, As well as \Graal\levels\letters\ to \Graal\levels\images\downloads\ and the images load now. And it looks like state.png was moved from \Graal\levels\images\ to \Graal\levels\images\downloads\ so fixed my issue's temporarily but would suggest to continue with your idea of uploading default files to all servers.

Also if possible add all the stef.midi files to all servers or make it an optional download pack just like zone and graal kingdom music because it is default music isn't it?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the the universe.." -Einstein

Last edited by Devenio; 10-10-2012 at 03:55 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Why do you have the option to choose OpenGL? Why not have a PC version (running DirectX) and a Mac version (running OpenGL)?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
Why do you have the option to choose OpenGL? Why not have a PC version (running DirectX) and a Mac version (running OpenGL)?
With V6 OpenGL has actually found to be faster than DirectX.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
With V6 OpenGL has actually found to be faster than DirectX.
even on Windows?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
even on Windows?
Yes.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Hoyt1134 is on a distinguished road
There is a bug with the drawobject() function for drawing panels. If you define your own object it won't draw it outside of the top 64x64 pixels of the panel. The clearall() function also doesn't seem to be working either.

Using the following code:
NPC Code:

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated(){
new GuiDrawingPanel("Test_DrawingPanel") {
x=0;
y=0;
width=screenwidth;
height=screenheight;
}
with(findimg(200)){
ani="idle";
}
setTimer(0.05);
}
function onTimeout(){
setTimer(0.05);
with("Test_DrawingPanel"){
clearall();
drawobject(mousescreenx,mousescreeny,findimg(200)) ;
}
}

leaves me with this mess:

It won't clear the panel, and the coordinates reset to 0 every time they pass 64 pixels.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 AM
team canada
An overseas player has been told Graal needs to enable SACK in the TCP protocol, which should help alleviate the lag issues they've been having.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
A lot of the particle effects and ganis got borked after the update.

Runic Charge
Snowstorm item
Tetra Golem gani is missing the chest piece when it walks
Rune of Clarity
Dragon breath
Will of God
Minor Heal
Time Jump
Starburst

Just to name a few

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Login Message
There is new Graal version
This already sounds promising.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt1134 View Post
There is a bug with the drawobject() function for drawing panels. If you define your own object it won't draw it outside of the top 64x64 pixels of the panel. The clearall() function also doesn't seem to be working either.
Drawing panels cannot be unlimited size, that's why it's switching back to 64x64. Try to not make it bigger than 1024x1024.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
A lot of the particle effects and ganis got borked after the update.

Runic Charge
Snowstorm item
Tetra Golem gani is missing the chest piece when it walks
Rune of Clarity
Dragon breath
Will of God
Minor Heal
Time Jump
Starburst

Just to name a few
We have updated the levels pack and also uploaded the graphics to all machines, it should work fine now.

Tags
graal v6, windows