Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 06-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Mafukie Mafukie is offline
Sup
Mafukie's Avatar
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 254
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Yeah but when i pay a lot of money for something, i expect playable content and not a barren wasteland. And im sure they dont use that much bandwidth considering they have tons of idiots who buy dead servers. And though talking about WoW is against forum rules, they have alot of content daily.
It isn't a lot of money, and you don't even play on gold servers. So what the hell are you complaining about? I agree on your point on your server rental, which is why I don't believe we should be paying a subscription to play UC servers, infact it should be completely free for players to play on UC servers so the server you are paying for has a chance to get a player base...

I've edited my original post, sorry I think that its a good MMO to bring up and I'm sure Graal doesn't have a reason to neuter the discussion of it considering this game is 2D. If they are worried about losing customers because someone brought up another MMO then I think they have insecurities about their current product.

They also have a huge development team, and the finances to achieve that. So I am hoping with this new subscription model that they will also have the finances to improve the quality of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:00 AM
James James is offline
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,132
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
This game needs more gold content, 'nuff said. There needs to be a balance between working on the client and working on in-game content.

You could have a client with the best features, but if there's no reason to play how is that going to help anything or anyone?
__________________

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS


“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player




Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Mafukie Mafukie is offline
Sup
Mafukie's Avatar
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 254
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
This game needs more gold content, 'nuff said. There needs to be a balance between working on the client and working on in-game content.

You could have a client with the best features, but if there's no reason to play how is that going to help anything or anyone?
+Reputation, QFE
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
This game needs more gold content, 'nuff said. There needs to be a balance between working on the client and working on in-game content.
Truth.

Quote:
You could have a client with the best features, but if there's no reason to play how is that going to help anything or anyone?
Why, it's up to the players to pay and develop new content for Graal of course! LOGIC!

I can smell the NO1 ASKED U 2 DEVELOP argument coming anytime now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 AM
James James is offline
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,132
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Why, it's up to the players to pay and develop new content for Graal of course! LOGIC!
It was nice back in the day when you could develop for free without having to buy a server just to see if your scripts work.

I know there are some nice people out there that will let you use their server, but it just seems very unpractical.

I liked it when you could just have everything offline on the privacy of your own hard drive.
__________________

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS


“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player





Last edited by James; 06-16-2008 at 03:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:56 AM
MysticX2X MysticX2X is offline
Prince
MysticX2X's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,529
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie View Post
It isn't a lot of money, and you don't even play on gold servers. So what the hell are you complaining about? I agree on your point on your server rental, which is why I don't believe we should be paying a subscription to play UC servers, infact it should be completely free for players to play on UC servers so the server you are paying for has a chance to get a player base...

I've edited my original post, sorry I think that its a good MMO to bring up and I'm sure Graal doesn't have a reason to neuter the discussion of it considering this game is 2D. If they are worried about losing customers because someone brought up another MMO then I think they have insecurities about their current product.

They also have a huge development team, and the finances to achieve that. So I am hoping with this new subscription model that they will also have the finances to improve the quality of the game.
Nah i dont play on gold servers which is why i dont really want gold apart of that package. But i do need my UC access for development related purposes. And if i recall last year when they disestablished the lifetime classic deal, im not sure if they even released anything worth quality within that period of time...
__________________
-Mystic

former acc: mystic2k


RIP Matt (NBK)
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It was nice back in the day when you could develop for free without having to buy a server just to see if your scripts work.
Yeah, I remember people developing servers offline. It actually took some management skill to be able to organize everything to the point where you're ready to be revied by a PWA. It was such an accomplishment to get a dev server online.

Quote:
I know there are some nice people out there that will let you use their server, but it just seems very unpractical.
Yeah, but I suppose Graal is making money off of it and they most likely need it. I don't really mind the dev servers, I just hate how the developers are all split amongst these servers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-16-2008, 06:30 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't hate dev servers either, I just hate that they force you to have one to learn to dev. Especially if you find out you're not very good at it.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-16-2008, 06:42 AM
James James is offline
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,132
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Yeah, but I suppose Graal is making money off of it and they most likely need it. I don't really mind the dev servers, I just hate how the developers are all split amongst these servers.
I meant to get to that point as well. Years ago 5-10 servers in the works seemed like a lot. The (decent) developers are spread way too thin for there to be 100 or whatever there is now.

RIDICULOUS!
__________________

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS


“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player




Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.