Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I'm not selling my upper-levels maps anymore. I've been collecting them.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
It's not the maps, it's the level difference experience modifier.
By your information, brutals are still better because 1. Brutals are easier and 2. It takes less time to do one brutal than two immense.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Takes me the same amount of time. Also, one maps is only easier than another depending on what you use for it.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Sea Dog Owner
AlaricoMontario is an unknown quantity at this point
Meh, it'll never work.

At first, the buyers will boycott brutals. Yet, as with all things - they will eventualyl start to suffer and buy regular prices.

And dmanit, if I bought a brutal for 10 diamonds, I am sure as hell not taking a 6 diamond hit - I'm poor.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
BOYCOTT ROWS. THey were only 40k in the stores (maybe even less) and now they hit for 500 diamonds.

BOYCOTT ROWS!

BOYCOTT DIAMONDS.. THEY USED TO BE 3 PLAT, 10 PLAT AND NOW 500 PLAT. INSANE!

You realise none of that will work. The reason RoWs are 500+ diamonds are because they never spawn in shops..
And if diamonds were to go down in price. the price of all items will increase.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
hmmm, I only seem to get 30k exp from a immense map at level 18 :'(
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Really? That's funny, because I get nearly 100,000 at level 20. ;]
Old 08-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
I killed all the monsters and got 30,163 exp
Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaricoMontario
Meh, it'll never work.

At first, the buyers will boycott brutals. Yet, as with all things - they will eventualyl start to suffer and buy regular prices.

And dmanit, if I bought a brutal for 10 diamonds, I am sure as hell not taking a 6 diamond hit - I'm poor.

Er, It is simple to boycott brutals. All you have to do is go to the HH and get them yourselves. While you are there, you will also get diamons and sapphires. This will force players to sell brutals for cheaper since they are not selling for ten diamonds.

And, usually the people selling brutals have no use for them, so, it won't do the seller any good to hold on to it.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:19 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
This will be bad for the economy. Very bad actually.

All this will do is give more power to the strong, more money to the rich, and take money from the poor. Do you know who finds and sells brutals? Not level 110's with dual RoW's, that's for sure. Its the little man who's trying to make a living killing skeletons or rexs. Finding one brutal a day means you're having great luck. So frankly, their profit margin is tiny compared to the big traders. All this will do is weaken the poor (which is bad considering they're already completely impoverished with almost no way to climb the ladder.)

Secondly, by doing a brutal, you will easily make more than 4 diamonds worth of plat/items. Thus making it silly to make them worth so little, considering you get 1,000 plat (2 dias) just for doing the brutal and the item drops and possible gem drops usually easily make up another 2-4 diamonds worth.

So, in conclusion, no. Brutals should remain at least at 8 diamonds, if not higher. The ten diamonds is a luxury tax. If you're too lazy to go and find the brutal yourself, you need to pay more than they're face value. That's life.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Sea Dog Owner
What Cid said, just meaner and more to the point :P
Old 08-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142

All this will do is give more power to the strong, more money to the rich, and take money from the poor. Do you know who finds and sells brutals? Not level 110's with dual RoW's, that's for sure. Its the little man who's trying to make a living killing skeletons or rexs. Finding one brutal a day means you're having great luck. So frankly, their profit margin is tiny compared to the big traders. All this will do is weaken the poor (which is bad considering they're already completely impoverished with almost no way to climb the ladder.)
So, by what you are saying, if we charge everyone ten diamonds for the brutals, the "poor" will benefit. What happens when the "poor" want to start doing brutals to gain EXP? How do you think they are going to feel having to fork over ten diamonds a brutal? I think if they only had to pay four diamonds, they would be able to obtain them easier. After all, they are 'poor' right, and cannot afford much more.

Quote:
Secondly, by doing a brutal, you will easily make more than 4 diamonds worth of plat/items. Thus making it silly to make them worth so little, considering you get 1,000 plat (2 dias) just for doing the brutal and the item drops and possible gem drops usually easily make up another 2-4 diamonds worth.
I've done plenty of maps, and the only maps that you actually "profit" plat/gem-wise is level 3s. Rex's are the only thing that give good drops, and there are maybe a total of 6 in a Brutal map.

Quote:
So, in conclusion, no. Brutals should remain at least at 8 diamonds, if not higher. The ten diamonds is a luxury tax. If you're too lazy to go and find the brutal yourself, you need to pay more than they're face value. That's life.
Its not a matter of being "lazy." Brutals are not exactly common, you cant just go and kill 5 trex's and get a brutal.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Sea Dog Owner
Actually... on my 3rd evil bomy yesterday I came upon a brutal.

Maps are actually quite common in dungeons. Not necessarily brutals but, hey, every bit counts
Old 08-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
You're probably saying that because you have a bunch of brutals you don't want to sell for any less than 10 diamonds. Deflation in this manner is a good thing.
Quote:
All this will do is give more power to the strong, more money to the rich, and take money from the poor.
Actually, it would make maps more affordable for the poor than they are now.
Quote:
Do you know who finds and sells brutals? Not level 110's with dual RoW's, that's for sure.
Uh, no. Me, Draxx, and a handful of other people sell ours when we don't need them.
Quote:
Finding one brutal a day means you're having great luck. So frankly, their profit margin is tiny compared to the big traders.
Haha. I guess this makes me the luckiest man in the world, considering the other day I got 12 brutals and 37 immenses from messing around in the HH, huh?
Quote:
The enemies in brutals don't drop gems?
Quote:
Sounds like someone is protective of the value of his own belongings. If you do the math, you'll find that immenses are now being sold for 2 diamonds apiece. That's 1/5 of the price being paid for brutals. You could buy 5 Immenses for the price of one brutal right now and get 2.5x more exp than you would with one single brutal. Since the price has fluctuated, you are swindling people when you sell brutals for 10, as you can buy maps that are far more valuable with the money you make off selling it.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Sea Dog Owner
If Brutal prices go down,
Immense prices will just go up to compensate.