Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
The graal website. It needs to be totally redone
so true.

where did that thread go about it? i remember some Web developer was gonna try to make a website for gaal and see if CJ accepted it~
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 05-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
so true.

where did that thread go about it? i remember some Web developer was gonna try to make a website for gaal and see if CJ accepted it~
This thread by Tig maybe? That's the only one i can recall at the moment
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
One change that would make me feel good? Be rid of Classic/Gold staff entirely. Those things change hands more often than anyone cares to know about and half the time they end up in the hands of the occasional "awesome" manager, but there are more idiots than anything. In my personal opinion, UC is where a server is kept for development. Classic/Gold is where a server is kept because it's pristine, playable content. With every new manager comes new views of what is "A good idea" and a lot of people hate change. If a server makes it to Classic after it's development, then it should be left alone unless there are bugs being reported, or something is just plain ugly by popular opinion and needs re-drawing.

Of course, there needs to be occasional exciting events rather than just a "Global Event Bot" that is stuck on each Classic or Gold server and that's where a dedicated global team extends it's purposes and interaction with the playerbody.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
In my personal opinion, UC is where a server is kept for development. Classic/Gold is where a server is kept because it's pristine, playable content. With every new manager comes new views of what is "A good idea" and a lot of people hate change. If a server makes it to Classic after it's development, then it should be left alone unless there are bugs being reported, or something is just plain ugly by popular opinion and needs re-drawing.
Servers need to constantly develop and move forward in order to keep their content exciting so..
Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Servers need to constantly develop and move forward in order to keep their content exciting so..
I agree with you, staff is needed especially gp's, faq's, and your right there needs to be constant updates. I also see what TSAdmin is getting at though. Maybe having global gp's who just go from server to server instead of staying on one server? Maybe lat's who focus on one server for an update and then move to another server to work on that one's updates? I guess that would basically make them global staff or part of the GDT? Might be interesting. It's more or less they work for Graal not a server then
Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Lower prices.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
... In my personal opinion, UC is where a server is kept for development. ... If a server makes it to Classic after it's development, then it should be left alone unless there are bugs being reported, or something is just plain ugly by popular opinion and needs re-drawing.
Sounds like a proposal for free Classic dev servers. I think the worst possible thing for a Classic server is having to develop major systems in a live environment (like we're doing on Valikorlia), because the staff of the server can't afford to pay for Developer Gold.

(Although, maybe this European financial crisis will finally bring the cost of Developer Gold down for us Staters. Unixmad would probably just switch to USD, then...)
Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I agree with you, staff is needed especially gp's, faq's, and your right there needs to be constant updates. I also see what TSAdmin is getting at though. Maybe having global gp's who just go from server to server instead of staying on one server? Maybe lat's who focus on one server for an update and then move to another server to work on that one's updates? I guess that would basically make them global staff or part of the GDT? Might be interesting. It's more or less they work for Graal not a server then
Every server has its own individual issues, its own trouble makers, and its own histories; player-relations staff really need to be in-touch with their respective playerbases in order to do their jobs efficiently. Switching people around from server to server just wouldn't work out. This could also be said for level designers, where each server has its own style. A designer that might be able to create beautiful levels for an Unholy Nation project won't necessarily know how to create something at the same standard for Era, etc etc.

I think what TSAdmin was referring to has more to do with servers not maintaining their original identities (such as N-Pulse developing a brand new RPG server hiding behind its original name) and their managers having too much creative freedom. I agree with that notion, but fresh content is always going to be needed. Servers can't just sit with the same content because it 'worked' at one time.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I think what TSAdmin was referring to has more to do with servers not maintaining their original identities (such as N-Pulse developing a brand new RPG server hiding behind its original name) and their managers having too much creative freedom. I agree with that notion, but fresh content is always going to be needed. Servers can't just sit with the same content because it 'worked' at one time.
That is exactly what I'm referring to. Perhaps I should clarify Sorry, it's easy to type it and think "I know what I mean" because it's in my head hehe.

I wouldn't say having staff is a bad idea. In fact, having a few who do as they're told is quite essential. To clarify, I would be rid of the management staff on each server entirely. N-Pulse was a perfect example, Rufus. Not picking them out alone, but it is an example. Conflicting ideas from management to management doesn't add up to anything good after 11 years.

But yeah, times change. Fresh graphics are made (Just have to take Era for example there. Remember the old choppy graphics? Now there's a ton of "Smooth" graphics), enhanced scripts are offered (GS1 to GS2 enhancements), etc etc. But you don't need an explosion of staff members to achieve that.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I believe it was mid 2002 up until v5 was released. At most, 2003 and onwards. 2001 it was still not full p2p, although there were those silly ghost waiting times. :P

i would feel good if v2's interface was implemented to it's full extent while keeping the functionality of v5+ minus the internal playerlist/pm windows
well whatever dates; v2 definitely had the best looking feel to it

Quote:
That is exactly what I'm referring to. Perhaps I should clarify Sorry, it's easy to type it and think "I know what I mean" because it's in my head hehe.

I wouldn't say having staff is a bad idea. In fact, having a few who do as they're told is quite essential. To clarify, I would be rid of the management staff on each server entirely. N-Pulse was a perfect example, Rufus. Not picking them out alone, but it is an example. Conflicting ideas from management to management doesn't add up to anything good after 11 years.

But yeah, times change. Fresh graphics are made (Just have to take Era for example there. Remember the old choppy graphics? Now there's a ton of "Smooth" graphics), enhanced scripts are offered (GS1 to GS2 enhancements), etc etc. But you don't need an explosion of staff members to achieve that.
so basically, global staff (PWA) would be the "manager" of every server, with the below staff precedents staying the same?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
v4 had the best interfaces; v2 etc are only good for nostalgia and would grow old quickly.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
so basically, global staff (PWA) would be the "manager" of every server, with the below staff precedents staying the same?
Yes, excluding UC (Just to clarify "Every" server). How often have you gone to your favourite server to find that yet another thing has changed that nobody wanted because the management simply changed hands? Not begrudging change, change is good. But change can be achieved beyond redesigning something or removing something. Adding something new and exciting that contributes to its own aspect of the server rather than drastically alter existing aspects for example.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
v4 had the best interfaces; v2 etc are only good for nostalgia and would grow old quickly.
you probably prefer v4 because v2 is more alien to you. v2 looked much more attractive than v4, although the v4 wasn't that bad at all and much nicer than v5.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
hire professionals to develop content
This.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
As for me when I log into the Graal Online page, and go a different page on the site, I have to refresh the site to view the information. This could be a major deterent for people thinking about downloading. Also I might be wrong, but isn't Graal the same price as your basic WoW account or Xbox Live etc? I feel if people are going to invest money into a game, they would put it towards a game thats 3D and has 10x the players Graal does? I remember when it was $19 for a lifetime account and a little extra for gold.. Another thing I don't get is why developers have to PAY to develop a server that profits Graal? That makes no sense whatsoever.

All I know is that alot of stuff needs to change in content wise, and development wise or Graal is going to slowly dwindle down to 0 players. It's already dropped drastically and we all have seen nothing done. I don't think our complaints are doing anything anymore..It seems to me Stefan is just going to leave us in the dust and move on to the bigger and better things to profit him.